PDA

View Full Version : Ike heading to RP's District

UtahApocalypse
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Yikes! Looking at some of the most recent hurricane computer forecast models Ike could impact Ron Paul's district and home town. One of the most recent models shows a possible landfall at Freeport. Looking at maps that puts it right next to Lake Jackson. These are preliminary models and could change but the closer to time the more accurate they become.

Google map of Freeport showing Lake Jackson
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=28.974206,-95.382271&spn=0.200334,0.300751&t=h&z=12

I will try and get some graphics of the track later today.

Kade
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Quickly!! Warn Dr. Paul! Maybe the rest of Southeastern Texas will also be warned!

For fuck's sake people.

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Models at www.weatherunderground.com is what I'm watching.

GO AWAY IKE!

I DON'T LIKE IKE!

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Quickly!! Warn Dr. Paul! Maybe the rest of Southeastern Texas will also be warned!

For fuck's sake people.

Some of us live down here. You have a problem with us discussing it?

:rolleyes:

Kade
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Some of us live down here. You have a problem with us discussing it?

:rolleyes:

Just as long as you save the mentally handicapped too...

constituent
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
texas envy. :D

eok321
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Heres what the models are showing- still 3 days out though so will change a bit i assume.

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200809_model.gif

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
We all know by now that Ron is psychic. He didn't earmark all that shrimp money for nothing. And that cinema that's gonna get wiped out.

acptulsa
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I wonder if the MSM would cover us if we went down and volunteered just because we appreciate them for electing the man ten times. The National Guard, however, might not be allowed to let us in...

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
:eek:

GO SOUTH YOU BASTARD IKE.

GO SOUTH AND BE A WEAK LITTLE PUFF.

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I wonder if the MSM would cover us if we went down and volunteered just because we appreciate them for electing the man ten times. The National Guard, however, might not be allowed to let us in...

Y'all would have to be ... sneaky sneaky.

;)

acptulsa
09-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Y'all would have to be ... sneaky sneaky.

;)

Hmmm... Hard to be sneaky and get good press at the same time. It would be quite a coup if we could do it, though. Contrast to Katrina, demonstration of how unnecessary the nanny state is in a civilized community of good people, etc. Unfortunately, it would also be a prime way for us to get discredited--our enemies wouldn't have to send many thieves to give us all a bad name.

constituent
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
oh man, i'll never forget when victoria got evacuated for rita...

i was at the mcdonalds in cuero on the sunday everyone was going back...

there was this old hispanic lady there that started talkin' and getting all worked up. finally she blurts out, "and next time i don't care how many damn po-lice come knockin' on my door, i'll shoot every g* damn last one of them, i ain't goin' nowhere!"

... to many cheers

constituent
09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
my money is on kennedy county btw.

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Okay I can't comment.

SITTING ON HANDS SITTING ON HANDS SITTING ON HANDS

UtahApocalypse
09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Here is the graphic of the model that hits Freeport.

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/getchart/catalog/products/forecasts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Wi%20nd%20850%20and%20mslp!96!North %20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2008090912!!ch art.gif

idiom
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Check out www.stormpulse.com

If it goes *anywhere* near Houston then Americas Oil infrastructure is going to be shut down slightly too long.

reduen
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Funny, just a few hours ago it was going to hit Louisiana ....:rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks, idiom, another cool link. :D

acptulsa
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Funny, just a few hours ago it was going to hit Louisiana ....:rolleyes:

Damn it! Teach that ignorant storm where the damned border is!

Storms ain't got no respect...

Looks to me like it still is. If the track is correct, New Orleans is going to get a chunk of rain out of the deal.

qh4dotcom
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
It'll be a pushover storm like Gustav...Cuba weakened it too much.

torchbearer
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Damn it! Teach that ignorant storm where the damned border is!

Storms ain't got no respect...

Looks to me like it still is. If the track is correct, New Orleans is going to get a chunk of rain out of the deal.

I bet McCain granted Ike amnesty. He's about to walk right over the texas/mexico border.
Wonder if the republicans are going to put on their "american hats" again even when they aren't in convention on tv.

UtahApocalypse
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Except that Ike will be crossing the hottest part of the gulf. He will be a Cat 3/4 very quickly once he hits the bath water.

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Except that Ike will be crossing the hottest part of the gulf. He will be a Cat 3/4 very quickly once he hits the bath water.

Hmmm.....I vote for qh4dotcom's idea. :)

qh4dotcom
09-09-2008, 03:27 PM

Gustav also crossed the hottest part of the gulf.....it was 140 mph after it left Cuba...110 mph at landfall....the gulf weakened it 30 mph

RP's district can expect a pushover minimal hurricane or tropical storm

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Gustav also crossed the hottest part of the gulf.....it was 140 mph after it left Cuba...110 mph at landfall....the gulf weakened it 30 mph

RP's district can expect a pushover minimal hurricane or tropical storm

gustav weakened because of shear, not water temps.
Ike is in a much more favorable atmosphere... at least for the next 2 days.
It will probably weaken a bit just before landfall like Katrina

Micah Dardar
09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Let me fill you guys in on something. If you read between the lines of Project Stormfury, you will see that the experiment was actually a success. I sent Governor Jindal of Louisiana an email asking him to seed Gustav. I'm not sure if he did, but it sure was peculiar how the storm weakened over the gulf like it did.

You guys in Texas should talk to Ron Paul or your governor about this if this storm builds up to a catastrophic level.

constituent
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Let me fill you guys in on something. If you read between the lines of Project Stormfury, you will see that the experiment was actually a success. I sent Governor Jindal of Louisiana an email asking him to seed Gustav. I'm not sure if he did, but it sure was peculiar how the storm weakened over the gulf like it did.

You guys in Texas should talk to Ron Paul or your governor about this if this storm builds up to a catastrophic level.

meh.

UtahApocalypse
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM

LMAO it was not peculiar at all. Gustov went into a large mass of dry air that caused its weakening. Ike does not have those type of conditions in his path.

Micah Dardar
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
LMAO it was not peculiar at all. Gustov went into a large mass of dry air that caused its weakening. Ike does not have those type of conditions in his path.

Well, if they didn't do it that time, they should do it this time. We need to drill, but we also have to figure out how to protect coastal citizens from the possibility of global warming or the earth cycling or whatever you may want to call it.

Why is the government wasting our money fighting puny humans that may not even exist instead if trying to fight the inevitable threat of mother nature?

constituent
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, if they didn't do it that time, they should do it this time. We need to drill, but we also have to figure out how to protect coastal citizens from the possibility of global warming or the earth cycling or whatever you may want to call it.

no we don't.

i say this having spent most my life on the gulf, btw.

if you'd like to continue subsidizing the wanton destruction, do it on your own dime.

nbhadja
09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Unless it is a cat 4 or 5, there is not much to fear. I live in Florida and have experienced many tropical storms and hurricanes, the media tries to get more ratings and sell more newspapers by using fear. They really are not that bad and I am so dam sick about hearing end of the world storms.

Tropical storms are complete jokes. I swim in my pool during them. Heck cat 1 and 2 hurricanes aren't bad either.
The fact that there are so many deaths from mere tropical storms in places like Haiti shows how bad their city infrastructures are.

Our Palm trees won't even fall during cat 2 hurricanes unless they are really weak.

Micah Dardar
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
no we don't.

i say this having spent most my life on the gulf, btw.

if you'd like to continue subsidizing the wanton destruction, do it on your own dime.

Actually, I'd like to get the federal government's tax man out of Louisiana and begin the true task - elevate a whole American city. We don't want to move. We need mud!

Ron Paul is only talking about the federal government. I'm sure that he would like to see the citizens of New Orleans pull together to do amazing things.

If I take office in New Orleans, we will have a mud bomb!

forsmant
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/history.shtml

Hurricanes hit every year. Some are really dangerous, some are not.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Ike is going to be a devastating hurricane. All hurricane models show a Cat4 or 5.
Oil will be up 10% tomorrow.
Houston and/or Gavelston may be evacuated.

forsmant
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I think oil will continue its decline.

constituent
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
If I take office in New Orleans, we will have a mud bomb!

Hell yea, lemme know when you're runnin'

I think oil will continue its decline.

my Euros are w/ you on that one.

Micah Dardar
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Hell yea, lemme know when you're runnin'

Grab a shovel! We need all the help we can get!

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Not looking good for the Texas coast:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/skysummit/9-12.jpg

constituent
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Not looking good for the Texas coast:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/skysummit/9-12.jpg

the last dot is about 9 miles from my hometown.

know where i'm headed this weekend!

Imperial
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Ike is headed directly for Ron Paul's district- almost hitting the entire thing.

http://www.nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/pdf/congdist/TX14_110.pdf

If you look at this map, this will be pretty bad. The direct hit is anticipated to hit Port Lavaca. However, everything east of that will be affected, and it is unknown how much further east it will turn- towards Galveston-Houston.

However, everybody is pretty ready for this. And, people have already begun evacuating in fairly decent numbers. So, things should be ok down in RP's district.

UtahApocalypse
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Ike is headed directly for Ron Paul's district- almost hitting the entire thing.

http://www.nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/pdf/congdist/TX14_110.pdf

If you look at this map, this will be pretty bad. The direct hit is anticipated to hit Port Lavaca. However, everything east of that will be affected, and it is unknown how much further east it will turn- towards Galveston-Houston.

However, everybody is pretty ready for this. And, people have already begun evacuating in fairly decent numbers. So, things should be ok down in RP's district.

If having your home, work, and livelihood destroyed is ok then yeah.

Imperial
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Not everything will be destroyed....

People since Katrina have not messed around about hurricane preparation. As has been noted, this thing isn't going to be the mother of all storms. And, as I wrote people have already been evacuating and stocking up on stuff.

So no, it won't be a catastrophe for the nation. Sure, it hurts, but we must all understand that not even the Federal Reserve can control hurricanes. D-14 is ready.