PDA

View Full Version : GAME: closest scenario to Ron Pauls announcment gets $5

trey4sports
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
ok heres the game i intend to play.......
whoever guesses tommorrows announcment correctly (closest to the actual announcment) i will paypal $5

i'll start
Ron Paul will announce that CFL will be holding a debate for the 4 minor party candidates and 2 major candidates and that Cspan 2 has agreed to air the event.

put your guesses on the thread and whoever feels they are closest AFTER the announcment must PM me and i will read through the predictions and then Paypal whoever i believe is the closest.

goooooooooooooooood luck!

Kilrain
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Third party unification ticket, including Barr and Baldwin, Nader and McKinney.

I'm going for broke! One can dream, right?

Edit: Barr would get the top slot, and we'll give Nader the VP slot. Of course I would want them to join forces with RP in the top slot, but I don't see that happening. He'll just be the "honest broker" between the minor parties.

trey4sports
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
be carefull of your wording guys, a less than definitive answer (maybe,possibly,probably) will lose to a more definitve answer even if both are correct

gls
09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul says that he can't endorse either of the major party nominees, and that he hopes his supporters will vote third party. Each candidate will then get a few minutes to make his or her case in order to try and win over the remaining "r3volutionaries".

cska80
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
They're going to announce that Elvis is not dead. They'll bring him out and everyone will unite under President Elvis.

Kilrain
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
be carefull of your wording guys, a less than definitive answer (maybe,possibly,probably) will lose to a more definitve answer even if both are correct

Edited my post.

trey4sports
09-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Edited my post.

noted

robertwerden
09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I say he announces that divided the 3rd parties are small, but unified they will have more voters than the Republican and Democrats combined.

There are 300 million people in America. Over 201 million are allowed to vote. 62 million (R) 59 million (D). Which leaves 79 + million to vote for a 3rd party. 42 million are registered independent.

If all 79 million people vote for a unity 3rd party ticket the monopoly is over for the R's and D's.

constitutional
09-09-2008, 12:23 PM
RP will talk about third parties and that WE DO HAVE other CHOICES. He will introduce Baldwin and Barr as third party candidates, including other candidates too. -- he will not endorse one over another.

^^ Edited.

Kade
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Ron Paul will have no big announcement. It will be an appeal to consider third party candidates. Nothing major will happen. Ron Paul will not endorse. CFL will not endorse.

Kade
09-09-2008, 12:27 PM
RP will talk about third parties and that WE DO HAVE other CHOICES. He will introduce Baldwin and Barr as third party candidates -- he will not endorse one over another. He will endorse both of them.

Damnit.... I should have read the whole thread before I posted...

Even as you are a Fascervative, we do occasionally agree on some things.

Chiznaddy
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Ron Paul will announce that he has scientific proof that the average voter is an idiot. He will also introduce a prophetic outlook for the next Presidential term. It will be titled "I told you AGAIN, and you still wouldn't listen, idiots!: Please read in 2012 and kick yourself in the face"

crackyflipside
09-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Ron Paul will have no big announcement. It will be an appeal to consider third party candidates. Nothing major will happen. Ron Paul will not endorse. CFL will not endorse.

As much as I disagree with you (at times), I think you are spot on. My bet is on an appeal to vote 3rd party also, perhaps a 'debate'.

If a unification ticket is made for 3rd parties I will poop bricks.

MRoCkEd
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, bingo. :(

Frealism
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
He's going to bring back the vote or die campaign from the past and change it to vote third party or die.

Frealism
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
They're going to announce that Elvis is not dead. They'll bring him out and everyone will unite under President Elvis.

http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/Elvis%20Presley%202008%20Weekly%20World%20News%20p resident.JPG

reduen
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
The announcement will be the unification of all major third parties.

A Barr/Baldwin or Baldwin/Barr Ticket, with all the major third party players (Paul, mckinney, nader, etc...) as cabinet members of this ticket!

That would be exciting indeed!!!

SnappleLlama
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
LOL...seeing eye squirrels for dogs!

PatriotG
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Ron Paul will annonce he is endorsing McCain

I want 100 to 1 odds LOL

mconder
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Third party unification ticket, including Barr and Baldwin, Nader and McKinney.

I'm going for broke! One can dream, right?

Edit: Barr would get the top slot, and we'll give Nader the VP slot. Of course I would want them to join forces with RP in the top slot, but I don't see that happening. He'll just be the "honest broker" between the minor parties.

...and what would Nader and Paul agree on besides troop withdrawal?

jacmicwag
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Ron will say he has had enough - he is retiring from Congress and moving to Lazyapolis.

Magsec
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I can dream that Barr and Baldwin will both denounce their candidacies and back a newly created Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura ticket.

Frealism
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I can dream that Barr and Baldwin will both denounce their candidacies and back a newly created Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura ticket.

^^Also my biggest dream.

I think he will announce a CFL sponsored debate between several third party and independent people which will eventually result in giving us someone to vote for as a whole.

majinkoola
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Ideally:

RP follows in the footsteps of Rothbard and forms a coalition with a Barr/Nader ticket (w/ Baldwin and McKinney involved somehow) which agrees on three major positions:

Ending the wars.
Restoring civil liberties.
Ending corporate welfare.

The only issues talked about are those things (or related), how they are destructive to the country, and how the major candidates are terrible on them. Also an attempt will be made to break the idea that only one of the major candidates can win.

Realistically:

What Kade said. Something lame.

kathy88
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Barr Baldwin '08

RP as Sec of the Treasury

Ventura to head up new 911 Investigation

Lew Rockwell as Chief of Staff

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Paul plans to say that the Republican and Democratic candidates have no substantive differences on important issues.

The four third-party candidates agree to sign on to a four-point plan that includes balancing the federal budget, bringing American troops home, protecting civil liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve.

:D

kathy88
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Paul plans to say that the Republican and Democratic candidates have no substantive differences on important issues.

The four third-party candidates agree to sign on to a four-point plan that includes balancing the federal budget, bringing American troops home, protecting civil liberties and investigating the Federal Reserve.

:D

YOU cheated. LOL

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
YOU cheated. LOL

WHAT? Lil ol me? Never!

rockandrollsouls
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Ron will announce we've purchased a 3rd world country with leftover funds from various fundraisers that were never disclosed. He will be inviting us all to relocate to this new area and we will have a presidential race with the 4 mentioned candidates.

JK/SEA
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
...and what would Nader and Paul agree on besides troop withdrawal?

That this country is circling the drain?

CableNewsJunkie
09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Tomorrow, in addition to urging voters to abandon the two-party system and instead vote for one of the four third-party candidates he will endorse, Ron Paul will also acknowledge concerns from many supporters that, because of his advanced age, a 2012 run for President was highly unlikely...

...that was...

...until...

A new technological breakthrough was discovered that allows mammals to be cryogenically frozen and revived years later without any damage to their brain function, bones, or other organic tissue.

Dr. Paul is to announce that he will enter a very mobile cryostasis chamber beginning October 1st, 2008 (the same day that the new CFL website and tools will debut). Dr. Paul will remain in stasis for 2-1/2 full years, after which, he will be revived periodically for a few hours at a time to participate in the 2012 Presidential debates (LIVE from inside his mobile stasis chamber, which will be rolled out to one of the debate podiums).

Dr. Paul is confident that the economic turmoil that will take place over the next four years will awaken tens of millions of Americans to his message and that they will cast their vote for him in 2012. However, should Americans be slow to catch on, Dr. Paul stands ready to re-enter stasis for the 2016 and, if necessary, the 2020 Presidential elections - by which point in time, the winning Presidential campaign slogan will be "20/20 Hindsight! Ron Paul was right!"

Truly unprecedented!!!

Stay tuned!!!

RSLudlum
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
He will announce that money left over in his presidential bid's coffers has been transferred to the CFL which will fund the building of a giant spaceship to leave the planet and set up a truely freedom loving society on asteriod #1776 which will be passing Earth in December of 2011. All RP and third party presidential candidates' supporters are welcome to join the candidates on the LS (Liberty Ship) Republic for the voyage of freedom's survival.

:p

was that descriptive enough?? ;)

Flash
09-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul will expose something that I have been studying on and off for the past few minutes. The Reptilian theory.

tron paul
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Third Party Alliance?

Anti-War Coalition?

all hail Paul the Kingmaker!

crackyflipside
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Ron will say he has had enough - he is retiring from Congress and moving to Lazyapolis.

Well, he already works in DC all the time. ;)

RockEnds
09-09-2008, 09:57 PM
He will declare that the current regime and electoral process is illegitimate and announce a free, fair, and Constitutional 'shadow' election. (I'm probably not going to win the $5, huh?)

BeFranklin
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
He's going to form the justice league of super heroes / third party candidates.

I heard it here first :p

CableNewsJunkie
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
He will declare that the current regime and electoral process is illegitimate and announce a free, fair, and Constitutional 'shadow' election. (I'm probably not going to win the $5, huh?)

I like this. I hope you win the $5.

TurtleBurger
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
He is going to declare himself King of Wyoming. He will invite us all to move there and form a giant militia to drive the federal government out. The royal family of Hawaii will be on hand to recognize the sovereignty of the Paulian Kingdom of Wyoming.

Jeremy
09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
endorses both barr and baldwin, thats it

RSLudlum
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
endorses both barr and baldwin, thats it

I seriously don't see RP doing something like that with the other candidates (Nader and McKinney) in attendence.

ClayTrainor
09-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I seriously don't see RP doing something like that with the other candidates (Nader and McKinney) in attendence.

I'll second that plus, he's put quite a bit of hype behind this himself, a simple endorsement would be almost embarrassing with all the hype.

I'm still hoping he might shock the world and make another run, and is just doing a really good job of keeping it dl :)

BeFranklin
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
He is going to declare himself King of Wyoming. He will invite us all to move there and form a giant militia to drive the federal government out. The royal family of Hawaii will be on hand to recognize the sovereignty of the Paulian Kingdom of Wyoming.

McCain dies and Palin declares the independent state of Alaska :eek:

BeFranklin
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
ok heres the game i intend to play.......
whoever guesses tommorrows announcment correctly (closest to the actual announcment) i will paypal $5

i'll start
Ron Paul will announce that CFL will be holding a debate for the 4 minor party candidates and 2 major candidates and that Cspan 2 has agreed to air the event.

put your guesses on the thread and whoever feels they are closest AFTER the announcment must PM me and i will read through the predictions and then Paypal whoever i believe is the closest.

goooooooooooooooood luck!

Ok, here is my guess. Ron Paul will introduce the 4 other-party candidates and encourage others to vote outside the two-party system, pointing out that the 4 other candidates all share some common values, specifically, a belief in limited federal power and government at a state/local level (federalism) and bringing things back to the state level. He'll announce a debate with the four other candidates (not including the two main party candidates at this time).

RevolutionSD
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
They're going to announce a 9/11 Truth ticket!

DrCap
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
As stolen from Lew Rockwell.com

Reports the Seattle Post-intelligencer:

"The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two party system," Paul said in prepared remarks obtained by AP. "This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment, principled candidates."
He recommended Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, former Georgia Republican Rep. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party and former Georgia Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party.

I like the billionaire idea better...

Paulitical Correctness
09-09-2008, 11:03 PM
In front of millions, Ron Paul will divide by zero.

Might I suggest the winning scenario opt to have TS donate the $5 to the CFL. :eek:

RickyJ
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Ron Paul announces he will be running for President in 2012. Hey, might as well get an early start this time around.

Joseph Hart
09-10-2008, 12:14 AM
All 3rd party candidates endorse Ron Paul, keep your 5 bucks!

Knightskye
09-10-2008, 01:17 AM

That actually sounds like a great idea. Four intelligent people (or eight if they have a VP each) having an honest debate. That wouldn't cost as much as the Rally for the Republic, obviously - no renting a giant stadium, no hiring speakers to come and speak, etc.

But I think Ron Paul is forming a rock band and he'll be on sax, Bob Barr will play the guitar, Cynthia McKinney will do backup vocals, and Chuck Baldwin will be the lead vocalist. I can't wait to see the paint melt! :D

V-rod
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
They're going to announce a 9/11 Truth ticket!

Imagine if a 9/11 truth party was elected. There would be a Maoist-type of Inquisition for 99.99% of the scientific community until they denounce their sanity and endorse the faulty logic. :D

Kade
09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
I won.

Donate it to CFL please.

kthxbai.