PDA

View Full Version : Is the world really ready for a RP presidency?

Roonie
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new.

I'm a bit late converting to the cause, and for that I apologize. I don't know that one more vote would've changed anything this time around, but I guess that's not the point, now is it?

Anyways, this may be heresy around here, but I was wondering if somehow by the grace of god, Dr. Paul came in to win President this November, would he actually be able to do everything he wants to?

I mean, you'd have to imagine that he would be working with an extremely hostile congress and the powers that be would, of course, do everything possible to thwart him. The media wouldn't help him one bit. His image would be smeared (I don't know how, but I'm sure it would be) and the possibility of him doing any good in the future could be severely limited.

Tomorrow he announces his intentions for the fall, whatever they may be. I guess the question I want to ask is, would the revolution not be better served to gain momentum in the next four years and work to gain power in Congress and then put Dr. Paul in office?

acptulsa
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh, the world is ready enough. Apparently the public isn't, though, much as we need sanity in Washington (and as much as the public cries for sanity in Washington). And, yes, we desperately need more sanity in Congress so if we get an executive in he won't be as ineffective as Jimmy Carter.

Momentum over the next four years, yes--seems to be what the doctor ordered. Do we have a choice?

Truth Warrior
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I'd say no, just too many barbarians left. I think Ron is just ahead of his time, by a few millenia.<IMHO>

dannno
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
His power of being able to pardon individuals would allow him to end the income tax, because nobody will be able to be prosecuted for not paying their taxes. This also applies to the drug war, which has been ravaging our country for decades.

Also, just having someone in office who understands the concepts of "just war" and non-interventionism would be huge.. considering Obama and McCain do not seem to understand these concepts.

Roonie
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Well, if Dr. Paul were to start pardoning everyone that didn't pay income tax or who got caught for drugs, would that not be a violation of the spirit of The Constitution?

I mean, no, those would not be immoral acts, but I don't think that the founders had it in mind that the President would use his pardon to circumvent Congress.

dannno
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, if Dr. Paul were to start pardoning everyone that didn't pay income tax or who got caught for drugs, would that not be a violation of the spirit of The Constitution?

I mean, no, those would not be immoral acts, but I don't think that the founders had it in mind that the President would use his pardon to circumvent Congress.

The income tax and the drug war are both unconstitutional, so no.

BagOfEyebrows
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
If Ron Paul got elected, congress would immediately want to know how to vote on things simply to keep their spots - a RP victory would scare the heck out of any elected official, as they'd see it as a clear sign that voters were just waiting for the next election to vote them out, or perhaps might cast them out of office even before an election (as they actually can - for breaking oath of office to abide by the constitution.)

Ron Paul would probably have to suggest classes on the Federal and state constitution(s) to them, so they could better understand the role of government the people voted into the Oval Office.

If enough people get educated between now and November, we at the very least won't see Obama or McCain elected.

Our nation can't afford 1 year of either of them and their administrations, let alone four years.

micahnelson
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I guess the question I want to ask is, would the revolution not be better served to gain momentum in the next four years and work to gain power in Congress and then put Dr. Paul in office?

Its hard to find people to seek political office for the expressed purpose of destroying the power of that office. Having allies to inject sanity in Washington is helpful, but ultimately the best chance to bring about a revolution is education.

dannno
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
(follow-up to previous comment)

The income tax was created by bankers to ensure that our country would be able to pay off the immense debts that we would undoubtedly take on after the Federal Reserve was introduced.

The taxes we pay are enough to pay the interest on our outstanding debt, we don't pay taxes that are then spent on item A or item B. Item A and B are paid for with loans from banks.

Keep in mind that banks are making interest on this money, and keep in mind that the money is essentially created from nothing.

What if I could print out $100,000 from my Canon Inkjet and loan it to you and charged you interest on it, how does that sound? To you it sounds great, because you get a loan, and the government won't allow you access to my special Canon printer. To everyone else who has dollars that they worked for, it is unfair. That is why our monetary system is so bad. The people it hurts the most are those with low or fixed incomes, because the prices of commodities and housing rise much faster than their wages. Soon they find that they cannot pay off their loans and have a difficult time surviving. This is because the banks create enough money to pay back the principal on all outstanding loans, but NOT the interest. That is why we have such a huge problem with poverty... welfare is a bandaid to this problem.

Kotin
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
he would pardon ALL non violent drug offenders and tax offenders on the first day...

that is truly revolutionary.

Roonie
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
ron paul would probably have to suggest classes on the federal and state constitution(s) to them, so they could better understand the role of government the people voted into the oval office.

haha!!!!!

kathy88
09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
His power of being able to pardon individuals would allow him to end the income tax, because nobody will be able to be prosecuted for not paying their taxes. This also applies to the drug war, which has been ravaging our country for decades.

Also, just having someone in office who understands the concepts of "just war" and non-interventionism would be huge.. considering Obama and McCain do not seem to understand these concepts.

From your lips to God's ears. Many less criminals turned criminal doing time for silly offenses is a great start.

kathy88
09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
the income tax and the drug war are both unconstitutional, so no.

+1776