PDA

View Full Version : The time to donate is now

jaybone
05-28-2007, 07:06 AM
OK, I've been holding off to see if this thing we have been seeing lately is real.
I am now 100% convinced it IS.
So, I opened up my wallet and donated until it hurt this morning.
I figure without Ron, it's just rapidly depreciating FIAT $ anyway.
I consider it an investment, the first installment in my purchase of freedom plan.

I understand not wanting to tighten the belt for a candidate that is a real long shot.
But take it from someone who watched two other honest and principled men get beaten down my the media (Harry Browne and Michael Badnarik)
This time it IS DIFFERENT, and most definitely real!

Best $ spent in years,

disciple
05-28-2007, 07:18 AM
I agree; it is that urgent.

Pay a little now or pay a whole lot later.

The stakes are sky high.

tnvoter
05-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been donating some, then waiting, and donating more right after or during the debates :)

lucky
05-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Donated $250.00 not long ago and requested a few stickers. I received a reply yesterday directing me to cafepress. I replied what I had donated and thought it entitled me to a few stickers and just received a reply today saying to send my info and after verifying I did indeed donate that amount that they will send me A bumper sticker.

Mighty expensive sticker.

GreenApples
05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Donating and Buying are two different things. :p

lucky
05-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Apparently it is. And donating and a sudden lack of enthusiasm to not donate in the future again is also.

TheDuke
05-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Apparently it is. And donating and a sudden lack of enthusiasm to not donate in the future again is also.

Focus your anger on the current administration :D then it'll be easy to get back 100% behind the campaign

GreenApples
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM

You seem to misunderstand the concept of donating.

winston_blade
05-28-2007, 01:21 PM
No offense, but you have to realize that they are very under-staffed and that they don't really have time to worry if one guy got his bumper sticker. Regardless though, you are getting one, so crisis averted!

lucky
05-28-2007, 01:22 PM
No anger. Just greed overwhelms me at times

winston_blade
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM

It's ok, that happens to me too.

literatim
05-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Donated $250.00 not long ago and requested a few stickers. I received a reply yesterday directing me to cafepress. I replied what I had donated and thought it entitled me to a few stickers and just received a reply today saying to send my info and after verifying I did indeed donate that amount that they will send me A bumper sticker.

Mighty expensive sticker.

I do believe all the cafepress gear is at cost. It is not like they make money off the stickers.

Brandybuck
05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow! Methinks you are unclear on the concept. We're you promised a bumper sticker? I don't see anything on the contribution page that promises bumper stickers.

Donating to a campaign isn't about getting bumper stickers. Now sit back, take a deep breath, relax... and buy your own bumper stickers.

GreenApples
05-28-2007, 01:35 PM

It happens to the best of us. :o

lucky
05-28-2007, 01:37 PM
I do believe all the cafepress gear is at cost. It is not like they make money off the stickers.

Then I apologize. When I looked at the site I believed it said that 50% of the profits would go to Ron Pauls campaign.

I understand the concept of donating very well as I have often opened my wallet and checkbook for many years now. I just wanted the campaign to get all the profits and not just 50%.

Maybe I missed something and will check it out more fully later when I am done working.

Seth M.
05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Im greedy about my rights and freedoms.. My privacy! gimme gimme... :)