PDA

View Full Version : "unprecedented announcement" tomorrow

ShowMeLiberty
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney To Attend Historic Ron Paul Press Conference
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 10:56 AM
Writes "rhino" on the Daily Paul: Ralph Nader "was here in Cincinnati and I went down to see him speak hoping that he would take questions afterwards and he did. I asked him if he was aware of a third-party unification ticket to be announced this Wednesday [10:30am at the National Press Club in DC]. He said he was unaware of a 'third-party unification ticket', but said that he would be at the press conference along with Cynthia McKinney and Bob Barr [and Chuck Baldwin] and that there would be an 'unprecedented announcement.'"

There is indeed great and important news coming on Wednesday, as Ralph indicates. It is not a unification ticket, but it is an historic and direct attack on the Republicrat duopoly. Go, Ron, go!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/022753.html

The anticipation is driving me crazy!

A. Havnes
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Darn it, with all the theories abound, I can't wait for the announcement! I know what I'm hoping for, but I realize that Ron Paul generally knows what's best.

bojo68
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't know why, but Ron Paul seems to screw up EVERYTHING when it comes to campaigning. I for one, would be MUCH more impressed if he had cahones to get somebody making his announcements that could actually get a date right.
I'm more than a little tired of the Paul screw ups, I like his politics, but I can't stand his management.

RickyJ
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
If it is not a run by Ron Paul then I don't think the announcement will be major at all. Unless of course he is going to say he thinks 9/11 was an inside job. :)

phixion
09-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Is it just me who thinks this whole announcement and whatever comes of it is a load of nonsense?

If it's not Ron running for president then it's irrelevant. It will go unheard. No-one will care. It's money wasted.

Waste of time trying to help out Bar or Baldwin and even Nadar. Utter waste of effort and finances that supporters donated.

I don't understand how the heck Ron Paul can sit by and watch as people like Bar/Baldwin/Nadar run for president when their campaigns are flawed and he KNOWS for a FACT he could pick up massive steam and traction if he ran himself.

Sigh!

Pete

RonPaulFanInGA
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
.....would be MUCH more impressed if he had cahones to get somebody making his announcements that could actually get a date right.

This implies that they got the date wrong...when it is not even 10:30 AM on September 10, 2008 yet.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Unless of course he is going to say he thinks 9/11 was an inside job. :)

Talk about a way to confirm you're a kook! Paul is not one, so I highly doubt that.

The only other announcement that I'd consider "major" is Paul saying the CFL will fund a debate to air on network prime-time television.

RickyJ
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Talk about a way to confirm you're a kook! Paul is not one, so I highly doubt that.

The only other announcement that I'd consider "major" is Paul saying the CFL will fund a debate to air on network prime-time television.

I don't want to get this thread off topic of the major announcement tomorrow, but if you think 9/11 truthers are kooks then you must suck at simple logic.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't know why, but Ron Paul seems to screw up EVERYTHING when it comes to campaigning. I for one, would be MUCH more impressed if he had cahones to get somebody making his announcements that could actually get a date right.
I'm more than a little tired of the Paul screw ups, I like his politics, but I can't stand his management.

Get the date right? Perhaps if people learnt to read. Others and I have been steadily correcting everyone who mis-read the PR and thought the announcement was Monday. The Campaign never goofed, people just need to stop skim-reading stuff and pay better attention.

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Get the date right? Perhaps if people learnt to read. Others and I have been steadily correcting everyone who mis-read the PR and thought the announcement was Monday. The Campaign never goofed, people just need to stop skim-reading stuff and pay better attention.

You know how it is, the enemy needs to keep harping on how awful Ron is in order to dissuade as many as possible from staying with the movement.

The Lantern
09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Writes "rhino" on the Daily Paul: Ralph Nader "was here in Cincinnati and I went down to see him speak hoping that he would take questions afterwards and he did. I asked him if he was aware of a third-party unification ticket to be announced this Wednesday [10:30am at the National Press Club in DC]. He said he was unaware of a 'third-party unification ticket', but said that he would be at the press conference along with Cynthia McKinney and Bob Barr [and Chuck Baldwin] and that there would be an 'unprecedented announcement.'"

There is indeed great and important news coming on Wednesday, as Ralph indicates. It is not a unification ticket, but it is an historic and direct attack on the Republicrat duopoly. Go, Ron, go!

Ron Paul will announce that the C4L will host a series of Presidential debates which will include minor and major party candidates. There is no reason not to have debates with 6 candidates because in the primaries Republicans had 10 and Democrats had 8. As an enticement and incentive, Ron Paul will donate $1,000,000 to an American Veterans organization, if McCain and Obama participate. We will find out once and for all if McCain and Obama support veterans.

RickyJ
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Ron Paul will announce that the C4L will host a series of Presidential debates which will include minor and major party candidates. There is no reason not to have debates with 6 candidates because in the primaries Republicans had 10 and Democrats had 8. As an enticement and incentive, Ron Paul will donate $1,000,000 to an American Veterans organization, if McCain and Obama participate. We will find out once and for all if McCain and Obama support veterans.

How do you know this?

This sounds like a good idea that will go nowhere. Obama and McCain are not going to under any circumstance debate any third party candidate.

lynnf
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't want to get this thread off topic of the major announcement tomorrow, but if you think 9/11 truthers are kooks then you must suck at simple logic.

been there already, see this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153727

lynn

humanic
09-09-2008, 11:20 AM

That would be pretty cool. Remember, though, that the CFL site said "Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election."

phixion
09-09-2008, 11:23 AM
That would be pretty cool. Remember, though, that the CFL site said "Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election."

You would assume that means Paul intends to be a part of the election.

However, you're talking about Jesse Benton. Nothing but a hype man.

Pete

LibertyEagle
09-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Unless of course he is going to say he thinks 9/11 was an inside job. :)

For that to happen, he'd have to believe it first. :p

Johnnybags
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM

If they participate? Of course the duopoloy will not participate, nor will the msm cover such an event without them. They'll just fork over a million between em to the veterans and say they are too busy.

SnappleLlama
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm tired of getting my hopes up. This had better be good.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
"Unprecedented announcement"=a republican members of the U.S. congress not supporting the republican nominee and urging Americans to vote third party.

I can feel the "that's its?!" and "what a let-downs" here tomorrow.

freelance
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
"Unprecedented announcement"=a republican members of the U.S. congress not supporting the republican nominee and urging Americans to vote third party.

That is what I suspect. I'll be surprised if it's something else.

MRoCkEd
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM

sadly, i agree

SnappleLlama
09-09-2008, 11:44 AM

I concur. :(

frasu
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
i'm tired of getting my hopes up. This had better be good.

+1000

Slugg
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM

Are you telling me this has never happened before? I find this hard to believe.

BenMuldowney
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM

another mentol disinfo provocateur. anyone that would make this comment is either brain damaged or lying... take your pick.

UtahApocalypse
09-09-2008, 11:53 AM
The billionaire finally coming on board....

http://www.forsythe4kc.com/uploaded_images/billion_dollars-720856.jpg

tonyr1988
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM

If this is true, that is genius, as long as it hits the news just long enough to get McCain and Obama to participate (and if the actual debate hits the news, too).

I assumed the announcement would be his endorsement of someone (or multiple "someones"), which would be somewhat unprecedented (Paul doesn't normally endorse people, esp. for President). If it happens to be something greater than that, I would be impressed.

slacker921
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM

This is about what I'm expecting. An open debate on a mainstream TV outlet with some major funding to do something like mentioned above to make it just ridiculously obvious if the Demolicans refuse to participate - and a decent ad budget to promote it for a couple of weeks ahead of time. (you don't have money to do that? announce it and ask for donations and watch the moneybomb go boom)

If the announcement is just "I'm not endorsing McCain and I want you to vote third party" I'll just laugh as will most everyone else.

pacelli
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
9:00 AM Asia Report Launch News Conf
Conference Rooms

10:00 AM Ron Paul Press Conference News Conf
Ballroom

12:00 PM Barr Presidential Campaig News Conf
Zenger Room

12:30 PM Sec. Michael Chertoff NPC Luncheon
Ballroom

Finally it is on the NPC daybook!

http://npc.press.org/index.cfm?theday=10&&themonth=9&&theyear=2008

pacelli
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
NPC Day Book: Event Details
Event Name: Ron Paul Press Conference
Event Date: Sep. 10, 2008
Event Type: News Conference
Time: 10:00 AM
Sponsored by: Campaign for Liberty
Event Location: Ballroom
202-246-6363
jesse@campaignforliberty.com

http://npc.press.org/calendar/caldbevent.cfm?eventid=16133

The CFL is sponsoring the press conference. Therefore, it cannot be an endorsement.

westmich4paul
09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
will this if it is a debate of the minor party candidiates be funded by the C4L? If it will be why in the hell could we not have put out a national t.v. ad before the primaries? This would have costed about the same and look it would have exposed millios to the man and the message. I am not sure how I feel about this just yet.

pacelli
09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
September 9, 2008, 2:36 pm
Ron Paul Plans ‘Special Announcement’

Brad Haynes reports on the presidential race.

Rep. Ron Paul, the former Republican presidential candidate who excited a multitude of young voters during the primaries, announced a “major” news conference in Washington Wednesday.

With a range of third-party candidates at his side – including the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr, independent candidate Ralph Nader, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Green Party’s Cynthia McKinney – it’s unlikely that Paul will pick just one to support. But his spokesman said to expect “something of an endorsement,” with “a real effect on this fall’s election.”

Paul concluded his own presidential run with a “Rally for the Republic” in Minneapolis last week, drawing more than 12,000 supporters while the rest of the Republican Party gathered at the national convention across the river. Still, he didn’t garner many delegates’ votes. Paul and his grassroots backers have caused occasional trouble for the GOP and the Texas congressman has pointedly avoided an endorsement of Republican candidate John McCain. In 1988, Paul ran for president as the Libertarian Party’s presidential nominee.

Word of Wednesday’s eventset off some jockeying. The Constitution Party’s Baldwin said he has the best anti-immigration bona fides of all the aspiring presidents there. Baldwin called himself the “only secure borders presidential candidate” and highlighted the attendance of a high-profile immigration activist at the event.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/09/ron-paul-plans-special-announcement/

Just a blog :(

runningdiz
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
a debate with the four minor candidates on national tv would be a waste of time. Who would want to watch it without Mcbama?

reduen
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
The announcement will be the unification of all major third parties.

A Barr/Baldwin or Baldwin/Barr Ticket, with all the major third party players (Paul, mckinney, nader, etc...) as cabinet members of this ticket!

That would be exciting indeed!!!

SnappleLlama
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Perhaps I'm just having a bad day, but I am totally not excited about this announcement anymore. What could possibly happen now that would have any effect on this fall's election?

reduen
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Perhaps I'm just having a bad day, but I am totally not excited about this announcement anymore. What could possibly happen now that would have any effect on this fall's election?

You don't think that something similar to what I just posted above would be exciting?

SnappleLlama
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
You don't think that something similar to what I just posted above would be exciting?

I don't find it exciting or likely, to be honest :(

MsDoodahs
09-09-2008, 01:07 PM

On a positive note, it's hard to be disappointed if you don't get your hopes up.

:o

reduen
09-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Ok, that is your right of course. Hope you have a better evening...

RonPaulCult
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I don'​t know what'​s comin​g tomor​row but I've been waiti​ng 10 years​ to see somet​hing like this.​ I joine​d up with Ron Paul when I was still​ a very far left Kucin​ich/​Nader​ suppo​rter becau​se I under​stood​ the far right​ and the far left must act as one to overt​ake the monop​oly that is Ameri​can polit​ics these​ days.​ I pray (and I sure as hell don'​t often​ pray)​ that they do somet​hing so we can have 1 - just 1 of these​ fine peopl​e in the debat​es.​

dawnbt
09-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Is this going to be televised? If so, what channel?

pacelli
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Is this going to be televised? If so, what channel?

Nothing on C-SPAN's schedule for tomorrow except:

10:47 AM EDT McCain Campaign Ad C-SPAN

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/fullschedule.csp?timeid=212087777652

Pete
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
a debate with the four minor candidates on national tv would be a waste of time. Who would want to watch it without Mcbama?

Just about everybody who is tired of the status quo, which is just about everybody. I'd love to see it on PBS.

If the 'majors' don't show, the organizers could put up cardboard cutouts and play recordings of the absentees' positions. Cricket sounds could be used to great effect. :D

Arklatex
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
This two party system is an easy target but no one is taking the opportunity. Long live the Campaign for Liberty.

fr33domfightr
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
If the main 2 don't show, it gives the ones that did show up free reign to smack them down. The MSM wouldn't normally cover an event like this, but if RP is sponsoring it, he's sure to get some media coverage. After all, it's good for the American people, right?? Yes.

FF

sunny
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM

bojo,
there NEVER was a screwup on the date by the staff or the doctor.
i think you screwed up.
it was posted as a major announcement next week ( meaning this week ) with more details to follow on monday.
on monday it was announced about the press conference at NPC at 10:00 am on wednesday September 10th.

here are the announcements i copied and pasted from c4l site:

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Next Week
September 5th, 2008 by Jesse Benton
Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

AND

Update on Dr. Paul’s Special Annoucement
September 8th, 2008 by Jesse Benton
Friends,
I just sent this release to the national wire.

Ron Paul to Hold Major
Press Conference Wednesday

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 8, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – Congressman Ron Paul will hold a press conference in the Ball Room at the National Press Club on Wednesday, September 10th at 10:00 am. Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election and will be accompanied by several special guests.

This event comes on the heels of Dr. Paul’s historic three-day Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis, Minnesota that drew over 12,000 supporters.

SO, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT???

PatriotOne
09-09-2008, 02:47 PM

The fact that other Presidential candidates will be attending the press conference is encouraging to me. Things are getting so serious in America because of those criminals, I think all the loose cannons are organizing into a cohesive unit regardless whether they have differences politically or not.

At least I am hoping this is what is happening.

phixion
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Barr should step aside for Paul, but it won't happen. Paul doesn't want it too either.

Instead he is going to throw away good money that was donated for him to win the presidency promoting 3rd party candidates no-one would ever vote for.

He has the character, integrity, intelligence, warmth and charisma and he needs to step the hell up to the plate and someone ought to force Barr to stand down.

Pete

Sandra
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
On a positive note, it's hard to be disappointed if you don't get your hopes up.

:o

I agree. It's getting hopes too high that's the problem.

ShowMeLiberty
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
The fact that other Presidential candidates will be attending the press conference is encouraging to me. Things are getting so serious in America because of those criminals, I think all the loose cannons are organizing into a cohesive unit regardless whether they have differences politically or not.

At least I am hoping this is what is happening.

Same here. A coalition/unity ticket of some kind would indeed be "unprecedented" and "historic" , as the press releases so far have been promising. Not much else is likely to derail the McBama express to the White House.

ClayTrainor
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I agree. It's getting hopes too high that's the problem.

Yup... and my hopes are already VERY high for this announcement, and i cant help it :(

I just want the Liberty Fire within me to be reignited like it was during the Republican Campaign.

Carole
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
If this is true, that is genius, as long as it hits the news just long enough to get McCain and Obama to participate (and if the actual debate hits the news, too).

I assumed the announcement would be his endorsement of someone (or multiple "someones"), which would be somewhat unprecedented (Paul doesn't normally endorse people, esp. for President). If it happens to be something greater than that, I would be impressed.

All four candidates werew part of this discussion. This would indicate it is NOT an endorsement of a particular candidate.

More like a debate.

Carole
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
:D

austinchick
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
maybe he saved on Geico? lol

Carole
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
The four "other" party candidates are teaming up with hurricane "Ike" ("I like Ike") to take DC by "storm." :D

Seriously, Ike may be all the news Wednesday. I can currently think of no announcement by Dr. Paul that could tear anyones's thoughts away from Oblahma or McInSane.

But I DO hope for something good since he is talking with all four third, fourth, fifth, and sixth party candidates and says it will be unprecedented action. :)

How could a unification ticket work out so quickly with all the states different election laws and deadlines?

Debates, most likely. But then that is not unprecendented.

RonPaulWisconsin
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM

Pete
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
But I DO hope for something good since he is talking with all four third, fourth, fifth, and sixth party candidates and says it will be unprecedented action. :)

Whatever it is, RP was awfully jaunty on Cavuto today. He's going to play a Big Ace of some kind.

I feel a Rongasm coming on. :)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Big Announcement = Barr chooses Sara Evans as VP

ClayTrainor
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
i feel a rongasm coming on. :)

lmao!

Karsten
09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
maybe he saved on Geico? lol

I haven't been on in a while and I missed the lame humor on this forum.

blakjak
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gDgHGLpSnR4V9L_yGzr2USAwY4BQD933E5BO2

Paul: Reject the major parties, go for a third

By SUZANNE GAMBOA and SAM HANANEL – 52 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Libertarian-leaning congressman Ron Paul is urging voters to reject John McCain and Barack Obama and support one of the third-party candidates for president.

Paul, a Republican who abandoned his White House bid earlier this year, is gathering some of the candidates, independent Ralph Nader among them, on Wednesday to make his plea.

"The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two party system," Paul said in prepared remarks obtained by AP. "This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment, principled candidates."

He recommended Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, former Georgia Republican Rep. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party and former Georgia Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party. He invited them to his news conference Wednesday.

Paul won no primaries in the Republican nomination contest but developed a strong following on the Internet and set a single-day record for raising money online. Thousands attended his protest last week near the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minn.

Some Republicans have been concerned Paul could siphon votes from the party in the same way Democrats accused Nader of doing in 2000 when he ran under the Green Party banner.

But when Nader ran in 2004 as an independent, he garnered just 0.3 percent of the vote from 34 states. The Constitution, Green and Libertarian candidates received even fewer votes. Nader claims he has enough signatures to get on the ballot in 45 states this year.

Nader predicted the gathering of third-party candidates would "raise the eyebrows" of political pundits who skeptical of the viability of independent presidential campaigns. The candidates will agree on several common issues they believe are being ignored by the major parties.

"This is the beginning of the realignment of American politics," Nader said.

Paul espouses limited government and individual responsibility. He is a critic of election laws that he says are designed to prevent third-party candidates from getting on ballots and participating in debates. .

nate895
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gDgHGLpSnR4V9L_yGzr2USAwY4BQD933E5BO2

Paul: Reject the major parties, go for a third

By SUZANNE GAMBOA and SAM HANANEL – 52 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Libertarian-leaning congressman Ron Paul is urging voters to reject John McCain and Barack Obama and support one of the third-party candidates for president.

Paul, a Republican who abandoned his White House bid earlier this year, is gathering some of the candidates, independent Ralph Nader among them, on Wednesday to make his plea.

"The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two party system," Paul said in prepared remarks obtained by AP. "This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment, principled candidates."

He recommended Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, former Georgia Republican Rep. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party and former Georgia Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party. He invited them to his news conference Wednesday.

Paul won no primaries in the Republican nomination contest but developed a strong following on the Internet and set a single-day record for raising money online. Thousands attended his protest last week near the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minn.

Some Republicans have been concerned Paul could siphon votes from the party in the same way Democrats accused Nader of doing in 2000 when he ran under the Green Party banner.

But when Nader ran in 2004 as an independent, he garnered just 0.3 percent of the vote from 34 states. The Constitution, Green and Libertarian candidates received even fewer votes. Nader claims he has enough signatures to get on the ballot in 45 states this year.

Nader predicted the gathering of third-party candidates would "raise the eyebrows" of political pundits who skeptical of the viability of independent presidential campaigns. The candidates will agree on several common issues they believe are being ignored by the major parties.

"This is the beginning of the realignment of American politics," Nader said.

Paul espouses limited government and individual responsibility. He is a critic of election laws that he says are designed to prevent third-party candidates from getting on ballots and participating in debates. .

I hope this isn't the "announcement" it isn't an announcement if you have already said it.

svf
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Here's our answer... basically: "don't vote for McBama."

Ron Paul: Vote for third-party candidates (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5992258.html)

Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning, Houston-area congressman who waged a feisty Republican primary campaign for president, is expected today to urge supporters to reject the two major party candidates and vote for any of the four minor party contenders on the November ballot.

"The two parties and their candidates have no real disagreements on foreign policy, monetary policy, privacy issues, or the welfare state," Paul is expected to say at a news conference in Washington, according to an advance copy of his remarks obtained by the Houston Chronicle.

"They both are willing to abuse the Rule of Law and ignore constitutional restraint on executive powers. Neither major party champions free markets and private property ownership."

Although he serves in Congress as a Republican, Paul has had strong disagreements with his party's presidential nominee, John McCain, over the wisdom of the war in Iraq and the use of American military force around the world. Although Democratic contender Barack Obama, like Paul, has opposed the war, he also espouses expanding government programs that Paul has criticized.

In his speech, Paul is planning to say that voters can send a message to the major parties by voting for the non-establishment candidates: Libertarian Party nominee Bob Barr, Green Party contender Cynthia McKinney, independent Ralph Nader or Constitution Party standard-bearer Chuck Baldwin.

Barr announced this afternoon that he will attend Paul's news conference at the National Press Club in Washington. All four are expected to appear with Paul.

While Paul will say these individuals have strong philosophical differences on various issues, "they all stand for challenging the status quo — those special interests who control our federal government."

"People will waste their time in voting for the lesser of two evils," according to Paul's prepared remarks. "Reject the two candidates who demand perpetuation of the status quo and pick one of the alternatives that you have the greatest to, based on the issues."

In remarks made on Fox News on Tuesday, Paul ruled out waging a third-party bid himself.

"The system is biased against us," he said. "It is too late. You've got to be Ross Perot to be able to do that."

Nathan Gonzales, a political analyst with the nonpartisan Rothenberg Political Report, said that while Paul did have a following in the primary, he doubted the Texas congressman has the ability to tip the general election one way or the other.

"A majority of his support comes from voters dissatisfied with both political parties," he said."I don't think he (Paul) draws disproportionately from McCain or Obama."

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Frankly, I couldn't help but feel ashamed of Ron and the rest of them if all they plan to do is announce, "please vote third party." Even debates, while significantly more substantial, would do no good.

These guys all should know the urgency that we need right now. Innocent men and women, Americans and otherwise, are being butchered overseas. Our economy is plummeting, and our people are being spied on. All major third party candidates oppose these things. It's unification, or bust.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Frankly, I couldn't help but feel ashamed of Ron and the rest of them if all they plan to do is announce, "please vote third party." Even debates, while significantly more substantial, would do no good.

These guys all should know the urgency that we need right now. Innocent men and women, Americans and otherwise, are being butchered overseas. Our economy is plummeting, and our people are being spied on. All major third party candidates oppose these things. It's unification, or bust.

thats the way i feel but ,our arguments are falling on deaf ears maybe 2012 or 2016 until then expect the same ole crap... my money sure will not be falling on deaf ears;)

pacelli
09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Is that Nader who leaked it? If that's it, that's a major disappointment. Not a major announcement.

Son of Detroit
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Lame. If this is the announcement, I will be so pissed.

How is Paul asking people to vote third party "one of the biggest political announcements of the century, and something that will shape future elections forever"?