PDA

View Full Version : RP votes magically disappear on convention floor

preserveourliberties
09-09-2008, 04:08 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/ron-paul-suppor.html

Thanks to the Neocon War Party for such excellent censorship!! :mad: Keep spreading freedom brothers and sisters!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2008, 04:17 AM
what do you expect when you try to "take over" a party that is solidly in the hands of christian dispensationalists? I don't oppose working within the GOP to elect libertarian republicans, paleoconservatives, bleh. but why not also work with the democratic freedom caucus in the democratic party? I mean, why are we putting all of our eggs in one basket? And the LP, let's work with the LP; a party that actually believes in what we believe in. Don't give me any more of the anti-Barr talking points, it's awfully annoying, you accomplish nothing with it. let's not be surprised here.

kathy88
09-09-2008, 04:24 AM
one of the comments mentioned this

A huge number of us registered Republicans are going to switch our registration to "Independent", "Constitution" or "Libertarian" Party this 11th of September as a protest to the corrupt shenanigans pulled by the RNC. They should rot in hell for their immorality.

Posted by: Dad for Life | September 05, 2008 at 03:31 PM

Is this being discussed?

Andrew Ryan
09-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Sounds like a cool idea.

jbuttell
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
"Ron Paul, the Texas congressman who unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for president, has been said to resemble Gandalf, the magician from the movie version of "The Lord of the Rings.""

Where the hell did they come up with that introduction?

Mini-Me
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
"Ron Paul, the Texas congressman who unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for president, has been said to resemble Gandalf, the magician from the movie version of "The Lord of the Rings.""

Where the hell did they come up with that introduction?

That's actually exactly what I thought when I saw Ron Paul for the first time. ;)

Thanehand
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
In my opinion the Gandalf comparison is actually an incredible compliment (whether the LATimes meant for it to be remains to be seen).

Gandalf is compassionate, caring and wise individual. He is always thinking of the bigger overall picture and very aware of the implications of actions -- that the most seemingly insignificant fact could determine the fate of the world. In fact, this is illustrated really well with his comments to Frodo about Gollum's role in the future.

This is almost a direct parallel to Ron's interventionism statements. The LA Times may have meant it in a demeaning manner, but I think that if that's the case, they've really just proven their ignorance.

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil.