PDA

View Full Version : What questions would YOU ask in the Presidential debates?

Jeff.OToole
09-09-2008, 02:21 AM
I have been browsing the forums for quite a while but this is my first post. There are numerous things I am unhappy with regarding the Presidential election process but one of the most frustrating for me is the pageantry of the debates. Even in debates where questions could be submitted through YouTube I have still yet to see many truly relevant questions asked of the candidates. So my question to you guys is what would YOU have asked? Apologies if this has been asked before - I searched the forums and didnt find anything.

Here are my top 5:

1. Citing recent cases like FISA do you believe that the law is above the president or the president is above the law? What course of action do you propose when Congress refuses to provide this fundamental check and balance?

2. On July 16th 2008 Ben Bernanke admitted inflation is a tax. As the Federal Reserve is not a government institution but is instead a privately owned organisation not regulated or even audited by the US government, and knowing that the Federal Reserve controls inflation, what legality/authority does a privately owned COMPANY have for taxing American citizens?

3. According to the 9/11 commission report there was no link between al-Qaeda and Iraq or Saddam Hussein. CIA reports have been made public proving the government knew Iraq was not a threat to the US yet still invaded it in response to 9/11. The FBI has not even charged Osama Bin Laden for the 9/11 attacks due to insufficient evidence. 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Arabians. Is it unreasonable for the American people to believe someone from inside America's own government might have been responsible for 9/11?

4. What specific measures would you take to ensure every candidate officially listed on the ballot for the President of the United States has the opportunity to participate in all Nationally televised debates?

5. The government has authorized billions of dollars paid by American citizens to bail out Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae corporations for bad investments made by the companies. Since I am paying the bill for this, is it to be expected that if I make bad investments and go bankrupt the government will require executives of these two companies to pay my debts for me in return?

Defining Obscene
09-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Heres a simple one,

Reading mail and wiretapping is a violation of the constitution. Do you agree?