PDA

View Full Version : Writing a paper about my presidential pick

americana
09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
So in my govt class we have to write a paper about who we will vote for pres and why. So Im voting for Barr and this class and teacher are oblivious to anyone outside of the republicrats. I really want to write a powerful paper and make strong valid points. I need an outline by Wed. So my question is...what should i cover? any ideas on a good outline. thanks.
(sorry if this is the wrong place since its not technically about ron paul, but the principles are what is important and i think Barr lines up fairly well.)

strapko
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
The best thing to write about is economics; economics covers almost every single issue.

americana
09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The best thing to write about is economics; economics covers almost every single issue.

Aint that the truth. It all comes back to money in the end anyway. thanks

rwbris18
09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
You might get some good ideas reading "The Revolution".

Me, I'd talk about abuse of power... Constitutional Authority of the Congress and president.

heavenlyboy34
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
You can also get some good ideas from lewrockwell.com. They archive essays by RP and people like him. :) You should also think about Mises' stuff.

tonesforjonesbones
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, I would go through the list of his stances on issues and possibly use the Constitution, Declaration of Independence , Founding Fathers quotes etc...
You know you have the Introductory paragraph that is an overview of what your paper will discuss, then you have the body of the paper which covers the Introductory paragraph, It could be

Limited Government
Sound Money
Non Interventionism
Taxes (I think Bob Barr is for the Fair Tax)
A Return to the Constitution as was intended by the Founders

You could even show that our government is based on Natural Law or English common law

Then you have the Outro or ending paragraph that recaps what you just wrote about.

How many words do you have to write? Tones