PDA

View Full Version : PHP, MySQL, Javascript - CFL Project

Petar
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
If the 1.2 million people who voted for Ron Paul all list their businesses on www.freemarketforliberty.com and then support each other economically as much as possible, then many more people will join our movement just for the economic benefits, and then they will become easy to educate also.

Businesses will be validated as legitimate liberty supporting organizations, when a tool is added that will allow listing owners to show how much money, if any, that they have donated to the CFL or specific liberty candidates.

I was able to get the foundation of this site built using my own limited resources, but there is a lot of work left to be done before everything is really spectacular. Can the programmers on this board please take a look at my next set of requirements, and then perhaps tell me how long it might take, and then how much it might cost? I'll have to set up a chip-in for this.

1) When a user clicks on a map marker, then a window pops up.

Within this window is a link to “view the details” of the listing associated with that marker.

Please make it so that when a user clicks on a marker, then the associated listing will open automatically.

2) When a user has altered the view of the map, then that view will reset to the default view if the user does one of the following three things:

• Does a “keywords” search.
• Views a markers “details” (opens the associated listing)
• Browses to another letter or category

Please make it so that if the user does any of these things, then the map will still retain its current position.

3) If the user browses to a certain letter or a certain category, then only the markers that belong to that letter or category will be visible in the map.

The problem is that if the user “views the markers details” then all markers will become visible again.

Please make it so that this does not happen.

4) If the user browses to a certain letter, then only the categories under that letter, and also those markers on the map will appear.

The problem is, as soon as the user selects one of these categories, then ALL categories (but not all of their respective markers) will appear.

The markers display correctly in this case, but the categories listed should not change at all.

Please correct this.

5) When a user enters a geographic location and clicks "area" please make it a regular Google Map search.

I just want it to control the view of the map and nothing else.

6) If a marker appears beneath the zoom bar on the map, then it is very easy to accidentally affect the zoom of the map when trying to click on that marker.

Please change the zoom bar to the more compact version seen on many Google Maps.

kaleidoscope eyes
09-08-2008, 07:41 PM
bump

hotbrownsauce
09-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Sorry, I just started taking Java 3 weeks ago.

BUMP!

mport1
09-08-2008, 11:42 PM
This is such a cool project. Unfortunately I don't know any programming.

gilliganscorner
09-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Bump.

This project has the potential of spinning off into one of the most valuable things for each member to come out of the RP movements. For more info, see this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153542

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2008, 05:07 AM
If the 1.2 million people who voted for Ron Paul all list their businesses on

All 1.2 million voters own businesses?

All of the 1.2 milllion come online? Come to RPF?

How will you verify anything? People can lie.

Petar
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM

1.2 million RP voters are going to own many thousands of businesses that could all be listed on here, and that is actually what I meant.

1.2 million RP voters don't all come to RP forums, but RP forums is a logical place to begin with if you want to reach them all eventually.

CFL's mailing list would be the best, and that will be the next level that I will strive for.

There will be a tool that allows listing owners to show how much they have donated to liberty candidates.

This tool will have to be developed, but that is not an unreasonable goal by any means.

I think it will go something like this:

If a listing owner wants to donate to a specific CFL campaign and have it displayed on my site, then they will have to give that money to that campaign, and then me and that campaign will have to work out a way to apply that information to my website.

If users want to verify what is displayed on my website, then they will have to refer to the actual campaign for info.

TheEvilDetector
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
If the 1.2 million people who voted for Ron Paul all list their businesses on www.freemarketforliberty.com and then support each other economically as much as possible, then many more people will join our movement just for the economic benefits, and then they will become easy to educate also.

Please change the zoom bar to the more compact version seen on many Google Maps.

You should add AJAX to the List of requirements, because you seem to be using it.

I could help you, but right now I am working on something else, won't be free for a few more weeks.

Alot of info is here: http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=65622

Petar
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
You should add AJAX to the List of requirements, because you seem to be using it.

I could help you, but right now I am working on something else, won't be free for a few more weeks.

Alot of info is here: http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=65622

Yeah, I guess AJAX is JS but JS isn't necessarily AJAX.

That's great that you may be able to help soon.

We could even do the job in a community way, in the sense that I could post my requirements on here, and then you maybe estimate how long it might take, and then you could work on it, and then I could set up some chip-ins for it, and then the community could watch the whole development process take place, and offer feedback as well.

That would be really cool.

Thanks for that page about Google maps, but I'm not actually a programmer.

I had to pay someone to build what I have so far, so I can just manage projects.

TheEvilDetector
09-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I guess AJAX is JS but JS isn't necessarily AJAX.

That's great that you may be able to help soon.

We could even do the job in a community way, in the sense that I could post my requirements on here, and then you maybe estimate how long it might take, and then you could work on it, and then I could set up some chip-ins for it, and then the community could watch the whole development process take place, and offer feedback as well.

That would be really cool.

Thanks for that page about Google maps, but I'm not actually a programmer.

I had to pay someone to build what I have so far, so I can just manage projects.

I am not available for two months at least. Ask around, there may be others who could help you.

Josh_LA
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Anybody who thinks in millions is either flat out naive or intentionally deceptive.

1.2 million VOTED for him, means a lot of them are elderly, who don't watch either TV or surf the internet. Just consider how many people are in CFL (100,000)

How many of the 100,000 internet users are likely to have their own business (or a business they are related to likely they'd benefit from promoting). To be modest, maybe about half.

So 50-100K would be about it.

Do a google on Democrat businesses, feminist businesses, gay businesses and Catholic businesses and you'll get an idea. Think about how many people you know bother to use MySpace and Craigslist (who are by the way the most free and most popular sites).