PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Real ID

powerofreason
09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I know that some states have promised their citizens they will not implement Real ID.

So, what can the Feds do about it? Cut highway funding lol? I'm hoping that New Hampshire tries to secede over this (yea i know thats sort of a radical idea) I would move there in a heartbeat as soon as I finish college in 5 years. There was talk not so long ago about a state seceding over Real ID I think, but I can't remember which. So my question is, what kind of leverage do the Feds have, and can anyone see as a possibility a state trying to secede over this? Or will everyone just bend over for this crap? Or am I just being an extremely wishful thinker? :)

Standing Like A Rock
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I know that some states have promised their citizens they will not implement Real ID.

So, what can the Feds do about it? Cut highway funding lol? I'm hoping that New Hampshire tries to secede over this (yea i know thats sort of a radical idea) I would move there in a heartbeat as soon as I finish college in 5 years. There was talk not so long ago about a state seceding over Real ID I think, but I can't remember which. So my question is, what kind of leverage do the Feds have, and can anyone see as a possibility a state trying to secede over this? Or will everyone just bend over for this crap? Or am I just being an extremely wishful thinker? :)

bump

technically, as of May 10th (or so) 2008, yes 2008, the Real ID was mandatory for all people in the US, unless your state got an extension. Only thing is, all 50 states got extensions. And if NH seccedes, i am definitely moving there, i dont care if i have to live through cold winters, lol.

kombayn
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Real ID is a horrible idea. It starts becoming an intrusion of State Rights under the Constitution.

Micah Dardar
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Our Governor in Louisiana has signed a bill into law that was sponsored by a Republican congressman to stop our state from cooperating with the Real Id Act. That is not something that I expected out of our supposedly backwards state. The true test will be when they really start putting pressure from up above. I'm pretty sure that Montana has the balls to stand up to the pressure. I'm not sure about anywhere else.

For those of you that have no choice, I would hope that you are working hard to try to get into government to put an end to it. We will be fighting in Louisiana to make sure it never starts!

I'm starting to think that Governor Jindal may be realizing what kind of prick Bush is after having to deal with him for Gustav.

powerofreason
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Whats Texas's stance on Real ID? I found this site http://www.texassecede.com/

:p

Alawn
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
They can cut all federal funding, not allow anyone to get on an airplane or enter a federal building without the id

Micah Dardar
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
They can cut all federal funding, not allow anyone to get on an airplane or enter a federal building without the id

Oh well. Screw the feds, and I don't like to fly anyways.