PDA

View Full Version : Why Are The Neocons Pulling Out Of Straw Polls?

kenc9
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Why Are The Neocons Pulling Out Of Straw Polls?

Is there another strategy other than to keep lesser known candidates down, namely their only real threat Ron Paul???

Have I missed them giving a real reason why they don't show up?

Or is it a forgone conclusion that Hillary is the NAU President?

-ken

ghemminger
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Because to match our Grassroots support for the mEdia it costs them 3 million a piece.....

They are working on thousands of Cardboard cutout for ABC coverage......

Mr. White
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I would imagine they don't see it as an efficient use of their money. They know they have established themselves and so long as they give a press release or soundbite every now and then, they will remain in the news.

devil21
09-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I agree with the above statements but I also think they realize that consistently going to these straw polls and LOSING will hurt them more than help them. Its a calculated risk to avoid negative effects.

stevedasbach
09-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Plus, they know that the MSM isn't going to hammer them for not attending, like they would if a candidate skipped one of THEIR debates.

Jared Callanan
09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Depends which way you are looking at it, and I know we are conspiracy theorists that think the mainstream media is holding Ron Paul down and that is the reason they don't report on his success at these small straw polls. Having said that, if I was running a campaign and saw Ron Paul winning these straw polls or even the Duncan Hunter win of the larger Texas Straw Poll that have resulted in no or little MSM coverage I probably wouldn't have my candidate or my paid staffers rush over to win these straw polls if they aren't resulting in any beneficial coverage.

If we are to believe polls from a few months ago then we know Ron Paul had the least name recognition in front of only John Cox among the "contending" candidates in the race for the Republican Nomination. So we need to be at these straw polls and to perform well at these straw polls more than the guys who are polling 15-20% in the National Polls.

I know we want to go head to head with these guys and show that our grassroots movement is much stronger than theirs but lets be honest for a second, how does it benefit Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani to attend the Texas Straw Poll? It's a low reward - high risk situation for them. I can't blame them for not attending these events.

Cowlesy
09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I would imagine they don't see it as an efficient use of their money. They know they have established themselves and so long as they give a press release or soundbite every now and then, they will remain in the news.

Exactly.

Inflation
09-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Neocons only listen to people they agree with.

They've never forgive the rabble for Pat Buchanan's upset over G.W. in New Hampshire, and will never forget.

Straw polls are dead to them. It's just the little people anyway!

I'm not the first to notice that the Nomination process, for both parties, has turned into a Coronation for the choice of TPTB.

RockEnds
09-04-2007, 05:59 AM
In their own words, "I think if they thought they could have won, they would have been here," ... Mitt Romney

Mister Grieves
09-04-2007, 08:01 AM
The thing that kills me about the frontrunners consistently not participating in the straw polls is the fact that the straw polls are fundraisers for the GOP. You hear all this talk of party loyalty and what not, and the main people the established GOP are pushing are only in it for themselves.

Then you have a guy like Ron Paul who consistently gives an effort to raise money for the GOP by participating in the straw polls, not to mention the fact that he is by far the most conservative of the bunch and has been a serving republican longer than any of the others and the GOP, for the most part, treats him like dirt.

What the hell is the matter with the republicans to where they can't see this or why do they ignore it?

quickmike
09-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Well, from what ive heard through the grapevine, Mitt was on Oprah getting a complete makeover, Rudy was getting fitted for a dress, McCain had an appointment with his psychiatrist and couldnt make it because he had a "breakthrough" and he was in no emotional condidtion to be in public.(I hope he brought his doctors excuse with him), Huckabee and Brownback couldnt afford the bus fare to the events.

All very good reasons not to be there, so lets not cast stones folks:D

RockEnds
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Well, from what ive heard through the grapevine, Mitt was on Oprah getting a complete makeover, Rudy was getting fitted for a dress, McCain had an appointment with his psychiatrist and couldnt make it because he had a "breakthrough" and he was in no emotional condidtion to be in public.(I hope he brought his doctors excuse with him), Huckabee and Brownback couldnt afford the bus fare to the events.

All very good reasons not to be there, so lets not cast stones folks

LOL.

james1844
09-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Also, the straw polls don't carry a lot of political weight or attract a lot of media attention?

Johnnybags
09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Chamber of Commerce poll as a frontrunner than to be in front of the people as a lemming. Its easier to let the media prop you up for the people than to have the people tear you down for the media. Rudy cannot win a straw poll anywhere except NY and possibly Jersey.

ecliptic
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
So many people at this forum attempt to squash anything even remotely resembling talk of a conspiracy. As you observe the behavior of the monopoly media and the "two" political parties.... it's getting really hard to deny it anymore....

A monolithic conspiracy exists between all the supposedly "independent" corporate news media to suppress truth at all levels.

A conspiracy to exclude Ron Paul from coverage is ongoing. A conspiracy to suppress Ron Paul exists within the Republican party, and the self-destructive effects to the GOP only confirms the conspiracy between the Democratic party and the Republican party - both are really false-fronts for the "Elite Corporate Party". The ECP is the only party in Amerika today.

Given these undeniable truths, is it really so far-fetched to suggest a new investigation into possible September 11th participation by rogue elements within the U.S. government?

Cui bono?

1. the military / industrial / police state complex realized trillions in new funding
2. the Project for a New American Century realized it's goals of controlling oil resources
3. the Orwellian police state is here - facial-recognition cameras and implanted chips for everyone!
4. one world government is closer than you think ...