PDA

View Full Version : CFL to host a debate?

0zzy
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Ron Paul will announce that the Campaign for Liberty is sponsoring a real all-candidates’ debate, to be televised, featuring every presidential candidate on enough state ballots to win: Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, and Nader (and of course McCain and Obama should be invited, too, though they’d decline.) A network, even if only C-Span, has agreed to run the debate. An all-star panel (say, Gary Johnson, Naomi Wolfe, and Walter Williams) will ask the questions. The moderator will, of course, be Dr. Paul himself.

The announcement goes over strongly enough to replace “Sarah Palin,” or whatever next week’s Top Story is. The momentum builds, and continues to build, until, on debate day, 25 million Americans watch the debate. It’s so successful that the network arranges for a full set of three, which end up being watched by over 100 million American voters. Suddenly, for the first time since television became central to it, the election process is a level playing field.

I would love to see that occur this fall. However, I know that all my love is not going to make it occur. Sometimes life is like that; what one wants to see happen, and thinks ought to happen, does not happen. One has to deal with that, while continuing to live and act.

this is what someone wants to see happen.
though, i just realized it was his hope not his insider information, darn.

little 4-1-1 anyways.