PDA

View Full Version : BJ Lawson Makes Vanity Fair

james1844
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
A very good write up of Ron Paul and Lawson!

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/09/inside-ron-pauls-counter-convention.html

Check out the write up about BJ.

B.J. Lawson may be the most promising example. Thirty-two years old, with the all-American good looks and dimpled chin of a more boyish Aaron Eckhardt, Lawson is a self-identified “Ron Paul Republican” running for Congress in North Carolina’s fourth district. He studied engineering at Duke and then received an M.D. before leaving a residency in neurosurgery, also at Duke, to start a company that specializes in delivering clinical information to doctors’ wireless devices. His experience as an entrepreneur, he says, led him to start asking questions about our healthcare system, national debt, and other thorny issues.

Lawson faces an uphill battle against 20-year Democratic incumbent David Price but claims his campaign’s internal polling gives him reason to be optimistic. (No public polls are available yet.) He has already overcome a challenge by the G.O.P. in his primary. “Honestly, the party establishment worked really hard to get me not to run,” he tells me after Monday night’s outdoor concert and speech by Paul, whom he introduced. “They actually put up a guy to run against me. A lot of folks thought I was going to get toasted.” Pulling out a copy of the Constitution from his coat pocket (he carries one around with him at all times), he says, “We gave away about 10,000 of these things, we had lots of grass-roots support, and we walked away with 71 percent of the [primary] vote.” Lawson doesn’t call for scrapping the Fed, as Paul does, but he does want to eliminate the income tax, and he shares Paul’s opposition to pre-emptive war and nation building. He cites Paul as “definitely my inspiration,” explaining, “I’d almost given up hope” before the congressman’s presidential bid.

amy31416
09-08-2008, 01:37 PM
:D

That's freakin' great!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but Lawson is so freaking awesome.

james1844
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
rumor has it that BJ's polling numbers are healthy and that he may soon get some support from bigger players in DC.

brandon
09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Lawson doesn't want to abolish the fed???

nate895
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Lawson doesn't want to abolish the fed???

I have heard him say that he wants to abolish/phase it out before, so I ignored that part.

MRoCkEd
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
rumor has it that BJ's polling numbers are healthy and that he may soon get some support from bigger players in DC.
Don't give rumors without sources!!!

james1844
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I would love to cite my sources, but I just can't. I've been explicitly asked not to divulge where I received this information.

Please all, bear with me here. I will share any good news about BJ as soon as I can get permission to release it.

For what its worth, BJ is a winning candidate. Here is what one blogger said about the Rally for the Republic's audience's response to BJ's speech.

"I was impressed with Lawson—and at one point last night, I heard a number of people in the audience on the soccer field saying that "he might be the next Ron Paul." I'm not sure we'll ever have another Ron Paul—I kind of think he's one of a kind. But, we might find a bunch of liberty minded candidates who are "near-Ron Paul's." "

If you have a few bucks you should seriously consider getting behind BJ - despite what some people say, he has a real shot at winning.

http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate

MRoCkEd
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
any hints?
and when can you "divulge that information"?

itshappening
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
he might get help because he's probably one of the few challengers who can unseat a democrat? is that the reason?

qh4dotcom
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
He is thirty-four years old, not thirty-two