PDA

View Full Version : George Phillies is *not* a RP Candidate

toowm
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
George Phillies is a Libertarian Party member who ran to be their presidential candidate and lost to Bob Barr. Phillies will be on the ballot in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, since he collected enough signatures before the LP convention.

While I personally dislike Phillies from his conduct at the 2007 and 2008 New Hampshire Liberty Forums, a recent post of his on David Nolan's site aims to insult RP supporters. On this basis, I would urge MA and NH voters to avoid voting for Phillies, even vs. McCain, Obama, and Barr. I will be writing in "Ron Paul."

http://www.nolanchart.com/article4605.html

Posted By: George Phillies
Date: 2008-08-26 08:15:47

Barr and LNC Fundraising:

At the start of the month, per FEC reports, he was at $628,000. As of last night he was at $727,000. The 140,000 he had raised by 8/25 included a $43,000 jump in one day, on 8/20 or 8/21, ten times his usual gain. This saltatory move is a feature of the Terra Eclipse technology, seen regularly on the Ron Paul dollar clock; they occur when people manually enter the campaign receipts not received over the internet. The same jump is seen in late July for both Barr and the LNC. I would not be surprised if the end of month his numbers regained the 40 or 50 thousand that seemed to vanish.

The net result is that Barr is about even with Badnarik in fundraising.

Barr is not going to get the support of the large numbers of devout Ron Paul supporters who think the Federal reserve is privately owned, there was a 9/11 conspiracy, Alex Jones is the most highly reliable news source in the universe, leaving the UN is a major issue, there is a 'NAFTA superhighway' and a secret plot to put all of Mexico under American rule (the North American Union, in which we outnumber them by a lot). This was obvious from the beginning.

Historically, July is the best single month for fundraising for an LP candidate, though the FEC pre-general and post-general numbers, combined, imply that the first half of October brings in cash at a larger weekly rate.

Of greater import is how the money is spent. In July, Shane Cory was paid $18,000 (and also received an expense reimbursement)--perhaps for several months work--while Doug Bandow is being paid $10,000 a month. Russ Verney is not visibly being paid anything, though there are several consulting firms that could be covering his work.

Of yet greater import over the last month is LNC fundraising as seen on their dollar clock, which reflects part but not all of their total. In July, the LNC raised $193,513.82 , of which about $160,000 could be seen on their lp.org dollar clock (they reset the clock in mid-month, and linking the two exactly needs more detailed records than I have).

So far this month. the LNC has raised on their dollar clock $30,000. The difference arises because last month the LNC would bring in $1100 or $2800 or $6400 in a day, and this month the LNC is bringing in $200 or $1000 or $3800 in a day, as reported on their dollar clock on their web pages. In recent days, Barr has been raising money faster than the LNC by 3:1 or 10:1, depending on the day.

Until the September FEC report, or perhaps the Spetember LNC meeting, it is hard to tell how badly total LNC fundraising is doing, though it would appear that their electronic fundraising--if the TE technology is behaving consistently--has fallen during the past month by half or three-quarters.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Phillies supports keeping the Fed / supports fiat currency and is a protectionist on trade. Few other things as well. People that think he's a purist are dead wrong ha!

Kludge
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Let's not forget his kamikaze hatred of the Christians.

Richie
09-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Phillies has ALWAYS said bad things about Ron Paul and his supporters.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Let's not forget his kamikaze hatred of the Christians.

that's one of his redeeming attributes. :rolleyes:

Kludge
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
that's one of his redeeming attributes. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the next LP candidate will blame the Jesuits for 9/11

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Hopefully the next LP candidate will blame the Jesuits for 9/11

The state is why 9/11 happened. But 9/11 wasn't a government issue. Was it not someone's property that got destroyed? What does government have to do with it?? :rolleyes:

That's what happens when you don't have faith in the free market

Kludge
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
That's what happens when you don't have faith in the free market

You have to actually think instead of saying "the market knows all, creates all, destroys all, and regulates all".

Why do you dislike Christians again?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
You have to actually think instead of saying "the market knows all, creates all, destroys all, and regulates all".

Why do you dislike Christians again?

Think of what? The market appears to be alot smarter than government. Well, it's not that I dislike CHRISTIANS, I dislike the social conservatism activism that stemmed from it. Anti-marijuana proponents grr you need marijuana in order to deal this crap.

Kotin
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
phillies was a douchebag LP troll.