PDA

View Full Version : I have infiltrated :)

kathy88
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
I just got an invite from our county's chapter of Republican broads or some such group to their first meeting of the fall.... one of our state committeewomen will be there giving an update on local, state and national candidates in the uncoming election

give me some questions that will make her go.... uhhhh..... ummm..... I'll have to look.... uuhhhhh....Duh..... DOH

(without making me look like a crazy assed troofer :)

constituent
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I just got an invite from our county's chapter of Republican broads or some such group to their first meeting of the fall.... one of our state committeewomen will be there giving an update on local, state and national candidates in the uncoming election

give me some questions that will make her go.... uhhhh..... ummm..... I'll have to look.... uuhhhhh....Duh..... DOH

(without making me look like a crazy assed troofer :)

what's the focus of the group?

Republican broads, is that the real name?

What sort of activities do they engage in other than meetings?

kathy88
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
LOL. No the broads was my input. I work in the oil and gas industry, and am in the courthouses all the time. At our courthouse in our county, I heard that one of the women who works there is very active in the Republican party, so I talked to her to feel her out about RP, etc.... her response was " I wish those crazy RP people would just give it up..." I don't know exactly what they do, so I'm going to the meeting to find out.

The email I got did mention this committeewoman "filling us in" on the Republican candidates who will be on the ballot in November. I want to ask questions that will get the other women thinking about civil liberty issues, without sounding like a nut. Does that make sense?

angelatc
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I want to ask questions that will get the other women thinking about civil liberty issues, without sounding like a nut. Does that make sense?

Trying to get them all to think at all is a lofty task.

Malkin's forum was debunking a rumor that Palin had slashed funding for teen pregnancy, and the folks there were cheering.

One freaking person said "Uh, aren't we supposed to want spending cuts?" but I didn't see any responses. Everybody seemed to be of that pack mentality....apparently if the liberals are wrong then it's a good day.

constituent
09-08-2008, 09:30 AM
LOL. No the broads was my input. I work in the oil and gas industry, and am in the courthouses all the time. At our courthouse in our county, I heard that one of the women who works there is very active in the Republican party, so I talked to her to feel her out about RP, etc.... her response was " I wish those crazy RP people would just give it up..." I don't know exactly what they do, so I'm going to the meeting to find out.

The email I got did mention this committeewoman "filling us in" on the Republican candidates who will be on the ballot in November. I want to ask questions that will get the other women thinking about civil liberty issues, without sounding like a nut. Does that make sense?

i got the atomic bomb, i'll drop you in a PM. you'll need to find the original for reference, i've been having trouble respotting it.

constituent
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
like i say, use wisely and judiciously, timing is key with that one...

it will initiate an instantaneous and total mindf*

Conza88
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM

Pm me it... :eek:

Highland
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Ask why they have "Free speech Zones" now instead of Free speech from sea to shining sea?

hopeforamerica
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

can you share with the rest of us? It might be something I can use at my precinct meetings. :D

Conza88
09-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Ok... this one:

I've been wanting to try this Socratic method of someone in power... and who knows economics for awhile now...

Nice and easy: (Assuming individualist / limited govt party etc..)

"What do you think of communism?"
- Bad.
"Why is that?"
- Planned economy bleh bleh.
"So you'd do everything in your power to make sure Communism never comes to _____?"
- Yes.
"Given the fact that, a Central Bank is the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto... *read it*
And it is within your power to challenge this, why haven't / don't you? :confused:

Or something along those lines. :p

kathy88
09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Nice one Conza. It will save me from reminding them he calls his wife a C*** in public ;) LOL.

constitutional
09-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Instead of saying "infiltrated", say bringing GOP back to its old roots.

I know saying infiltrated sounds much more exciting. :D

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/10/30/i_splinter30_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg

kathy88
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Instead of saying "infiltrated", say bringing GOP back to its old roots.

I know saying infiltrated sounds much more exciting. :D

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/10/30/i_splinter30_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg

Yeah, can I at least have that?

TastyWheat
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
See if they'd favor repealing energy subsidies. Big Oil is making record profits so any extra "help" you give them is seen in a very negative light. It'd go a long way to show that the Republican party doesn't play favorites (which we all know it does and most voters don't appreciate it). Furthermore it gives alternative energies a level playing field.

invisible
09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
In order to argue civil liberties issues, you will need to present your position as being more conservative than the opposing viewpoint. Remember that following the Constitution is the most conservative position possible. Put your opposition on the defensive as much and as often as possible by asking questions like "how can invading people's privacy possibly be considered conservative?", "how can unfunded mandates (like real id, for example) be considered conservative?", "as Republicans, shouldn't we be working to decrease the size of government and lessen government intrusion into our lives, rather than do the opposite?", and "how can we implement what you propose without raising taxes and going against what our party is supposed to stand for?". You will need to question that the opposing viewpoint is the conservative position (isn't attempting to solve this problem with bigger government a liberal's viewpoint?). Be prepared for the attacks that will be thrown your way, try to think of what the opposing argument will be for the issues that you plan to raise. If you are not prepared to argue that your position is actually the truly conservative position, you will end up being called a liberal and marginalized. Try to avoid mentioning RP, and if anyone asks you who you support for President, duck the question if possible by simply stating that you voted in the primaries for the candidate that you thought was the most conservative - if you are further pressed, simply mention that the nomination has been decided, so the question is a moot point - if your are pressed further than that, state that it's none of your business, that the question is irrelevant because McWar got the nomination, and ask them why they are asking. If you are asked if you support McWar, again duck the question with the response of "well, he IS who the party nominated, isn't he?"

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
In order to argue civil liberties issues, you will need to present your position as being more conservative than the opposing viewpoint. Remember that following the Constitution is the most conservative position possible. Put your opposition on the defensive as much and as often as possible by asking questions like "how can invading people's privacy possibly be considered conservative?", "how can unfunded mandates (like real id, for example) be considered conservative?", "as Republicans, shouldn't we be working to decrease the size of government and lessen government intrusion into our lives, rather than do the opposite?", and "how can we implement what you propose without raising taxes and going against what our party is supposed to stand for?". You will need to question that the opposing viewpoint is the conservative position (isn't attempting to solve this problem with bigger government a liberal's viewpoint?). Be prepared for the attacks that will be thrown your way, try to think of what the opposing argument will be for the issues that you plan to raise. If you are not prepared to argue that your position is actually the truly conservative position, you will end up being called a liberal and marginalized. Try to avoid mentioning RP, and if anyone asks you who you support for President, duck the question if possible by simply stating that you voted in the primaries for the candidate that you thought was the most conservative - if you are further pressed, simply mention that the nomination has been decided, so the question is a moot point - if your are pressed further than that, state that it's none of your business, that the question is irrelevant because McWar got the nomination, and ask them why they are asking. If you are asked if you support McWar, again duck the question with the response of "well, he IS who the party nominated, isn't he?"

Good advice for anyone who is getting involved with their local GOP.

kathy88
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Good advice for anyone who is getting involved with their local GOP.

When you say it like that it sounds so......so....... dirty........

I've been a registered Libertarian since 1988 and I really feel like I took one for the team when I switched to the big R to vote for our boy. But until RP switches, I guess I can stomache it as well.

Cap'n Jack
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Ok... this one:

I've been wanting to try this Socratic method of someone in power... and who knows economics for awhile now...

Nice and easy: (Assuming individualist / limited govt party etc..)

""What do you think of communism?"
- Bad.
"Why is that?"
- Planned economy bleh bleh.
"So you'd do everything in your power to make sure Communism never comes to _____?"
- Yes.
"Given the fact that, a Central Bank is the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto... *read it*
And it is within your power to challenge this, why haven't / don't you?"

Or something along those lines. :p

Excellent argument. Even better if she's never heard of Alexander Hamilton.

Tall Girl
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I think you're probably talking about the National Federation of Republican Women - the largest female political organization in the country, BTW. I am the Vice President of my local club as well as a committee person at the state level. My state level position involves writing resolutions and reviewing legislation at the state and national levels and informing the organization at the state level, of any bills that I think we should support or be aware of. Stuff like that. I am well entrenched in the group and my opinions are often sought out and I'm somewhat looked up to, even though I'm the youngest member of my club!

Remember, the Campaign for Liberty is about bringing the GOP back to its roots. Telling them they're just plain wrong and ranting at them is not going to have any affect. I've been very surprised at the somewhat positive response I've had from some of our remembers, when I've talked of liberty. They know I went to the rally last week. They know I think for myself and do not feel the need to march to the beat of the party if they're marching towards a cliff. I'm not a lemming.

I hope to do my part to change the party by helping to change Republican Women, which contributes greatly to the party. Afterall, every Republican woman in congress is a member, as well as the republican women in all the state legislatures. And you can't also forget that the wives of the men in congress and the legislatures, if they're Republicans, also tend to be members. You can have great influence in the party via this "back door."

If you intend to go to their meeting and rip them up one side and down the other about the unjust war, the NAFTA highway, the New World Order, 9/11 Truther stuff, etc, you'll get absolutely no where with them and they'll just write you off as a nutcase.

:cool:

Bman
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Ask them if any of the candidates were in support of the Military Commisions act of 2006 which threatens habeas corpus for US citizens. Now you'll probably have to explain that habeas corpus is the right to have trial.

or

Hire some male strippers. Have them kick in the door like they are on a search and seizure mission. This will freak em out and get them thinking. Then let the guys go to work and get some incriminating pics and videos on them so you can blackmail the bitches if you haven't feared them into supporting personal liberties.

;)

kathy88
09-09-2008, 04:02 AM
which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid :)

I think you're probably talking about the National Federation of Republican Women - the largest female political organization in the country, BTW. I am the Vice President of my local club as well as a committee person at the state level. My state level position involves writing resolutions and reviewing legislation at the state and national levels and informing the organization at the state level, of any bills that I think we should support or be aware of. Stuff like that. I am well entrenched in the group and my opinions are often sought out and I'm somewhat looked up to, even though I'm the youngest member of my club!

Remember, the Campaign for Liberty is about bringing the GOP back to its roots. Telling them they're just plain wrong and ranting at them is not going to have any affect. I've been very surprised at the somewhat positive response I've had from some of our remembers, when I've talked of liberty. They know I went to the rally last week. They know I think for myself and do not feel the need to march to the beat of the party if they're marching towards a cliff. I'm not a lemming.

I hope to do my part to change the party by helping to change Republican Women, which contributes greatly to the party. Afterall, every Republican woman in congress is a member, as well as the republican women in all the state legislatures. And you can't also forget that the wives of the men in congress and the legislatures, if they're Republicans, also tend to be members. You can have great influence in the party via this "back door."

If you intend to go to their meeting and rip them up one side and down the other about the unjust war, the NAFTA highway, the New World Order, 9/11 Truther stuff, etc, you'll get absolutely no where with them and they'll just write you off as a nutcase.

:cool:

kathy88
09-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Ask them if any of the candidates were in support of the Military Commisions act of 2006 which threatens habeas corpus for US citizens. Now you'll probably have to explain that habeas corpus is the right to have trial.

or

Hire some male strippers. Have them kick in the door like they are on a search and seizure mission. This will freak em out and get them thinking. Then let the guys go to work and get some incriminating pics and videos on them so you can blackmail the bitches if you haven't feared them into supporting personal liberties.

;)

This is definately the way to go. I like your style.