PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Announcement" Thread

Menthol Patch
09-08-2008, 06:47 AM
What will Ron Paul announce today?

I hope he is not giving an endorsement to Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, or Nader.

My hope is that he will be announcing an independent run for president.

FrankRep
09-08-2008, 06:49 AM
My dream would be the uniting of the Constitution and Libertarian party under the banner of freedom by ignoring the petty differences.

lynnf
09-08-2008, 06:52 AM

uh, I think it's Wednesday, not today.

lynn

FindLiberty
09-08-2008, 06:56 AM
My dream would be the uniting of the Constitution and Libertarian party under the banner of freedom by ignoring the petty differences.

That would be the best news.

pacelli
09-08-2008, 06:58 AM
He won't announce anything today. The announcement is on September 10. We get "more details" today.

I suspect this will be that Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader have also been invited. This was announced last night on a WTPRN show by Don, the Events Coordinator of the CFL.

Johnnybags
09-08-2008, 07:05 AM
to vote for whomever the strongest leader is to get into the debates, unify no matter what to get 15 percent lock and in the debates. Cannot have 5 parties with 5 percent get into any debate. The strongest party should be backed every election no matter what just to be on stage. If its the greens in any year its the greens, if its the Liberterians its the Liberterians. Too bad because if the Libs and Constitution drafted Paul and the greens and everyone else backed us we would be in the debates. Nader,Barr and Baldwin will never make it unless we unify, not necessarily to win the Presidency but to get into the fixed debates and offer a real choice to voters. No third party will win the presidency this time but it is possible to get into the debates if we all just backed one person for that lone goal.

speciallyblend
09-08-2008, 07:08 AM
i will assume the announcement to be a let down ,since the party leaders in lp/cp as well as the cfl will never unite, so in the end ,expect more of the same BULLS__T!!

FindLiberty
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
i will assume the announcement to be a let down ,since the party leaders in lp/cp as well as the cfl will never unite, so in the end ,expect more of the same bulls__t!!

yep!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 07:13 AM

Will any "old media" listen to him, anyway?

Mahkato
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr are all going to move out of the country permanently, as they have no remaining Hope for America.

szczebrzeszyn
09-08-2008, 07:21 AM
everyone has to have his own "announcement" speculation thread...

Bruno
09-08-2008, 07:24 AM
According to this article, it will be to announce a debate for third party candidates.
http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/09/08/ron-paul-is-not-running-for-president/

Ron Paul is not running for President
Speculation is rife about what’s going to happen Wednesday when Ron Paul has his press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. On their websites, both the Constitution Party’s presidential candidate, Chuck Baldwin, and the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate, Bob Barr, say they will be joining Ron Paul at the press club.

What the heck is going on? One rumor is that Barr and Baldwin are going to step down to allow Ron Paul to run as the candidate of the two parties. That’s NOT going to happen, says George Dance in his Nolan Chart article, and he enumerates the reasons why. He also knows what he would LIKE to see happen, though he doesn’t believe this actually will happen:

Ron Paul will announce that the Campaign for Liberty is sponsoring a real all-candidates’ debate, to be televised, featuring every presidential candidate on enough state ballots to win: Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, and Nader (and of course McCain and Obama should be invited, too, though they’d decline.) A network, even if only C-Span, has agreed to run the debate. An all-star panel (say, Gary Johnson, Naomi Wolfe, and Walter Williams) will ask the questions. The moderator will, of course, be Dr. Paul himself.

The announcement goes over strongly enough to replace “Sarah Palin,” or whatever next week’s Top Story is. The momentum builds, and continues to build, until, on debate day, 25 million Americans watch the debate. It’s so successful that the network arranges for a full set of three, which end up being watched by over 100 million American voters. Suddenly, for the first time since television became central to it, the election process is a level playing field.

I would love to see that occur this fall. However, I know that all my love is not going to make it occur. Sometimes life is like that; what one wants to see happen, and thinks ought to happen, does not happen. One has to deal with that, while continuing to live and act.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe Bob and Chuck will merge?

SnappleLlama
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, as soon as I heard that Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney were involved, I figured it would be a third party debate. If so, that would be awesome! It's about time something like this happens.

CasualApathy
09-08-2008, 07:55 AM
What do you guys think the chances are that McBama would participate in such a debate? Absolutely zero or what?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
What do you guys think the chances are that McBama would participate in such a debate? Absolutely zero or what?

negative infinity

-infinity

Bruno
09-08-2008, 07:57 AM

About as likely as Barr and Baldwin being invited to the debates already scheduled. The major two parties have zero interest in debating anyone outside their own.

MRoCkEd
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
He also knows what he would LIKE to see happen, though he doesn’t believe this actually will happen:

Ron Paul will announce that the Campaign for Liberty is sponsoring a real all-candidates’ debate, to be televised, featuring every presidential candidate on enough state ballots to win: Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, and Nader (and of course McCain and Obama should be invited, too, though they’d decline.) A network, even if only C-Span, has agreed to run the debate. An all-star panel (say, Gary Johnson, Naomi Wolfe, and Walter Williams) will ask the questions. The moderator will, of course, be Dr. Paul himself.

Yeah, I sure hope this happens

A. Havnes
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
About as likely as Barr and Baldwin being invited to the debates already scheduled. The major two parties have zero interest in debating anyone outside their own.

Too much competition for them. Someone might realize that both these men are incompetant and elect someone "real".

RonPaulFanInGA
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
According to this article, it will be to announce a debate for third party candidates.

You need to read that article again. It clearly says that the debate thing is what George Dance on Nolan Chart would LIKE to see happen.

A debate is not what it is, at least not yet.

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Too much competition for them. Someone might realize that both these men are incompetant and elect someone "real".

God forbid!

I miss the DAR. A lot.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
If it is a debate to be on network television, I say invite McCain, Obama, Barr, Baldwin, McKinney and Nader.

Put a podium up there for everyone. Anyone who does not show up (McCain, Obama...) gets a cardboard cutout of themself put where they'd be standing if they attended so the American people can clearly see who chickened out.

A. Havnes
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
If it is a debate to be on network television, I say invite McCain, Obama, Barr, Baldwin, McKinney and Nader.

Put a podium up there for everyone. Anyone who does not show up (McCain, Obama...) gets a cardboard cutout of themself put where they'd be standing if they attended so the American people can clearly see who chickened out.

That's a great idea! I think we should simply write "Change" accross Obama's chest and "Kemp" accross McCain's. That way the audience will still know their message.

pacelli
09-08-2008, 09:11 AM

If either of them showed up, then the actual media would have to cover it. Instead it'll probably be available as a 15-youtube series.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Nader, I can understand if Ron Paul is organizing some kind of debate, but why Cynthia McKinney? From what I understand, her and the Greens are identical to Nader in almost every way. Doesn't seem like she would add much to the debate that Nader wouldn't.

JoshLowry
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM

That he is really a Lizardtarian.

CasualApathy
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
That he is really a Lizardtarian.

As an actual lizardman myself, I object to the term Lizardtarian because it implies that we care about politics. As a matter of fact we couldn't care less because we simply eat and replace whoever gets elected.

rockandrollsouls
09-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Ron Paul is not running for President
Speculation is rife about what’s going to happen Wednesday when Ron Paul has his press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. On their websites, both the Constitution Party’s presidential candidate, Chuck Baldwin, and the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate, Bob Barr, say they will be joining Ron Paul at the press club.

What the heck is going on? One rumor is that Barr and Baldwin are going to step down to allow Ron Paul to run as the candidate of the two parties. That’s NOT going to happen, says George Dance in his Nolan Chart article, and he enumerates the reasons why. He also knows what he would LIKE to see happen, though he doesn’t believe this actually will happen:

The announcement goes over strongly enough to replace “Sarah Palin,” or whatever next week’s Top Story is. The momentum builds, and continues to build, until, on debate day, 25 million Americans watch the debate. It’s so successful that the network arranges for a full set of three, which end up being watched by over 100 million American voters. Suddenly, for the first time since television became central to it, the election process is a level playing field.

I would love to see that occur this fall. However, I know that all my love is not going to make it occur. Sometimes life is like that; what one wants to see happen, and thinks ought to happen, does not happen. One has to deal with that, while continuing to live and act.

If it's possible to by airtime for this debate on a network like CNN I'd do it in a flash. Heck, maybe we can convince Glenn to waive his airtime for ONE day...or they can debate on his show or something.

voytechs
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM

You guys are missing the point, its not about the competition or incompetance. Their goal is to silence RP and the movement. Why would they suddenly come and publicize an event they despise and want to silence? Just think about, 0 chance.

BenMuldowney
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr are all going to move out of the country permanently, as they have no remaining Hope for America.

thanks for making me laugh today.

Matt Collins
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Maybe Bob and Chuck will merge?Ewww! :( I don't want to see that sort of thing... gross...

voytechs
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM

Nadda!!! Its the wrong day dude.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Ewww! :( I don't want to see that sort of thing... gross...

Yeah, vote for your protectionist.