PDA

View Full Version : Did Obama Steal From Ron Paul's Speech?!

rational thinker
09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
So I was a little bored and was searching and reading speeches made by Dr. Paul in the best and one of them was "Remembering Ronald Reagan," which was addressed after Reagan died.

One quote which struck me with deja vu was this
You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream - the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism.

I'm pretty sure you remember hearing Obama at his DNC acceptance speech saying "there is no left or right, but up or down."

Here's the full speech in case you're want to read the rest of it: http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2004/pr061004.htm

Austin
09-07-2008, 11:25 PM
That's what Reagan said, not Paul.

Micah Dardar
09-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I would at least hope that Obama hears us. I would say that our supporters and his are the most vocal. If he said it, then maybe he's paying attention.

rational thinker
09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
That's what Reagan said, not Paul.

Oh, lol, my bad. I guess I sifted through it a little too fast.

robmpreston
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
As usual, please stop posting.

constituent
09-08-2008, 07:09 AM

Naaah, just spend more time reading Obama's speeches....

It's time to begin looking for ways to use his words against him if we are to be a powerful opposition force in the coming years.

RP's speeches might pump you up every now and again, but that won't get you anywhere.

Time to shift out of cheerleader mode if you're going to stay relevant.

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Sure Obama is stealing from Paul. But not nearly as much as McCain and Palin. In fact, if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after his convention address I can't help but wonder if McCain is going to vote for Obama... :rolleyes:

If you don't think McCain will steal from you, just look at what he's doing to Obama--and everyone else!

RonPaulwillWin
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I believe your thinking of the early fox new debate when he "asked congress to declare war, up or down" , when talking about going to war without a declaration.

Highland
09-08-2008, 10:57 AM

wtf....any history there???!!!

rational thinker
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM

Says the cocksucker who joined this year.

robmpreston
09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Says the cocksucker who joined this year.

I actually joined last year. This is my second account. :D