PDA

View Full Version : Who have been our MSM allies throughout the movement?

Magsec
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I've been trying to find out where our friends are in the MSM as well as partial allies. Here's what I think:

CNN
Probably the most friendly cable news network to us. I see way more RP stories creep onto their website and Wolf Blitzer's team usually does some coverage on our behalf. The true MSM hero on our side resides at CNN, and that's Jack Cafferty. Lou Dobbs echoes plenty of RP's positions but has never said his name, which is suspect.

MSNBC
Eh, well they had Tucker Carlson, but he was iffy and discredited RP's supporters from time to time. Good thing we made him pay his penance via em-ceeing at the rally :p. I also think Joe Scarborough can be turned to our side, as seen by his son turning to RP. He seems rather intelligent, but I didn't quite like his rant on RP while he was in Congress.

FOX
Er....I want to say Neil Cavuto has a chance as he was rather fair to RP on FOX Business, but he liked to attack RP on the mother network. No one else is any good there.

nate895
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I've been trying to find out where our friends are in the MSM as well as partial allies. Here's what I think:

CNN
Lou Dobbs echoes plenty of RP's positions but has never said his name, which is suspect.

I heard him talk about Ron Paul a couple of times, mostly in passing.

regtoday
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Mostly people who use the Internet.

TastyWheat
09-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Glenn Beck is also a good guy, although I don't think he's totally in agreement on foreign policy.

Spider-Man
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, definitely Beck.

And also Pat Buchanan, who shows up on MSNBC on occasion. He not infrequently sneaks Paul's name in.

berrybunches
09-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Even though she does not talk about politics much Greta Van Sustran on Fox was the only one to stand up for Paul when he was excluded from the Fox debates before NH.

What about John Stossel? He seems to have similar beliefs.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Jay Leno invited Congressman Paul on his program when Mr. Paul was barred from the debate.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Beck will come around on foreign policy once he caves to his inner-self that simply does not want to believe the truth of 911 because of the obvious implications.

Archie
09-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Dont forget the folks on CNBC , Maria,Kudlow,Cramer,And them two other women . They were at times playing hard with Ron but always Respected his philosophy never calling him bad names, and at one time Don Luskin had Larry Kudlow very close to being a full on supporter of RP LOL!!! But Larry ended up inviting him on many times after becoming a fan of his economic ideology.

RonPaulFever
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Allies? Pfft. More like fairweather friends who are basically spineless sellout mouthpieces. Who among them actually STOOD UP and put their careers on the line by telling America that Ron Paul is the ONLY choice to put us back on track? None that I can remember. All of them flip-flopped at one point or another, including your beloved Jack Cafferty and Tucker Carlson.

alaric
09-08-2008, 01:50 AM
John Mclaughlin gave Ron one of his annual awards for, i believe, telling the truth.

Archie
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Allies? Pfft. More like fairweather friends who are basically spineless sellout mouthpieces. Who among them actually STOOD UP and put their careers on the line by telling America that Ron Paul is the ONLY choice to put us back on track? None that I can remember. All of them flip-flopped at one point or another, including your beloved Jack Cafferty and Tucker Carlson.

You Must of not seen CNBC when Don Luskin on Larry Kudlows superstar panel where Luskin flat out told the Rest " Thats why Im voting and supporting Ron Paul, And so should you Larry!"

Cafferty and dopey dobbs were just playing around I agree with you that these guys were NOT as great as some think . I Heard Cafferty just the other day saying how we need more solutions to problems from the govt haha!!! If that ain't a Big govt line I don't know what is? Atleast Beck,Jim Cramer, and Kudlow want the Freemarket to try and solve some problems first and maturely threw the market instead of always being the govt role. Ron would agree way more with that then Cafferty and Dobbs ideas LOL

Conza88
09-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Pretty much, NONE. There is dirt on all of them, besides probably Mclaughlin.

Cafferty did some good... then:

Ron Paul Will Not Be Shut Out & Jack Cafferty Is A Douchebag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS801ZWYeSs)

Beck did some good... but then:

Glenn Beck implies Ron Paul supporters are terrorists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc4OJWH1nE)

Stossel interview; was never aired.

Tucker and his prostitutes...

They can all suck my nuts. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Judge Andrew Napolitano
John Stossel
Tucker
Pat Buchanan

constituent
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
colbert bump

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Only Pat Buchanan. But I give points to Bill Moyers for pointing out that he's being silenced and it isn't right.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/7/1489425/newscomicfunny_small.png

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 01:12 PM
PBS... NewsHour

libertea
09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Complete list below:

alaric
09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
colbert bump

you're right! Colbert has been pretty decent to our hero.

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
PBS... NewsHour

I disagree. And I only heard his words on Washington Week in Review once the whole season. Not impressed.

If PBS is as crooked as the rest, why does it exist?

georgiaboy
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
C-SPAN had Ron Paul on their Washington Journal, also campaign rallies, as well as broadcast the RFR.

gotta love C-SPAN.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I disagree. And I only heard his words on Washington Week in Review once the whole season.

On the contrary, see this page (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/494160_zqpoy/clip_pbs.html).

georgiaboy
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
As far as CNN goes, Anderson Cooper royally screwed us during the Reagn Library debate when he flat-out cut RP off and told RP he'd "let him speak in a couple of minutes", but never, ever did. Along with Fox's eliminating RP from their NH 'forum', this makes my all-time worst MSM list (a much longer list than the RP allies list we're making here) from the RP campaign.

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
On the contrary, see this page (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/494160_zqpoy/clip_pbs.html).

I don't see much on that page...

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't see much on that page...

Really? No PBS interview?

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Really? No PBS interview?

No, but it may be a software defecit on my part. In any case, I did find PBS an improvement over the commercial sources--just not much of one. And I give far, far more credit to Moyers than the News Hour. They were very nearly as likely as the rest to give more coverage to someone Paul beat, rather than Paul. I wasn't particularly impressed.

Perhaps I expected too much from an organization which, one, has done far, far better in my lifetime, and two, has the word "public" in it's corporate i.d. and corporate (non-profit) purpose.

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
No, but it may be a software defecit on my part. In any case, I did find PBS an improvement over the commercial sources--just not much of one. And I give far, far more credit to Moyers than the News Hour. They were very nearly as likely as the rest to give more coverage to someone Paul beat, rather than Paul. I wasn't particularly impressed.

Perhaps I expected too much from an organization which, one, has done far, far better in my lifetime, and two, has the word "public" in it's corporate i.d. and corporate (non-profit) purpose.

Hehe. I hope the video difficulties are a deficiency on your end, (otherwise, that explains why my Ron Paul website (http://ronpaul.message.to/) never really took off :) ).

I know what you mean. PBS wasn't great--but they were still better than Katie Couric.