PDA

View Full Version : Man Shows Up In Pa. Court With Loaded Gun

JosephTheLibertarian
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
http://cbs3.com/watercooler/man.gun.court.2.810385.html

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) ― A central Pennsylvania man faces additional charges after showing up for a hearing on summary charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct with a loaded handgun.

A police officer found the weapon when the 22-year-old man arrived for a hearing Tuesday at District Judge Jonathan Grine's office in State College.

The man was arraigned on new charges including possession of a firearm in a court facility and taken to Centre County jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail.

Court documents indicate the man's earlier actions led court staff members to believe he was armed. Police say he called asking if there was a locked box to store his gun, later entered the office and ran out, returned and checked the court calendar, then took pictures of signs saying weapons are prohibited.

evilfunnystuff
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
http://cbs3.com/watercooler/man.gun.court.2.810385.html

Court documents indicate the man's earlier actions led court staff members to believe he was armed. Police say he called asking if there was a locked box to store his gun, later entered the office and ran out, returned and checked the court calendar, then took pictures of signs saying weapons are prohibited.

crazy shit

i wonder if hes got some sort of 2nd amendment legal action comin

fisharmor
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Don't jump to conclusions here.
There have been multiple cases here in Virginia in the last couple years where our state gun rights advocacy group, VCDL, had to threaten legal action in order to get "no guns" signs removed from public buildings where they were not legally enforceable.

I do not know Pennsylvania law. What I do know is that if a newspaper says guns aren't allowed in a courtroom, and the courthouse has a sign saying no guns, that does not mean that it is illegal to bring a gun into a courtroom.

This guy could be an activist. Or an asshat. But assuming the latter is bigoted. Especially considering what we've learned about the media in the last 18 months.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't jump to conclusions here.
There have been multiple cases here in Virginia in the last couple years where our state gun rights advocacy group, VCDL, had to threaten legal action in order to get "no guns" signs removed from public buildings where they were not legally enforceable.

I do not know Pennsylvania law. What I do know is that if a newspaper says guns aren't allowed in a courtroom, and the courthouse has a sign saying no guns, that does not mean that it is illegal to bring a gun into a courtroom.

This guy could be an activist. Or an asshat. But assuming the latter is bigoted. Especially considering what we've learned about the media in the last 18 months.

Civilized people are disillusioned. They think in terms of law and order when civilization was really established first by way of order and then later by the dispensation of law. Someone has to say please rise, has to bang the gavel or has to send in a bailiff to restore order before the dispensement of the law can commence.
Civilized people are afraid of guns because they think we are here to be peaceful. This is also disillusionment. Sitting the American familiy around a national dinner table has caused lots of havoc in the past. Beware peace and safety! Most slaves in primitive caste systems lived peacefully and safely with those master classes who ruled over them (unless they were captured by competing master classes). We are not here to be peaceful and to be safe. Indeed, we are here to have guns and to shoot evil, wicked sons-of-bitches with them if necessary. All so that we can all sit ideally as all Americans around a national dinner table.

brandon
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM
If the courts were fair, this man would win his case easily.

From the PA state constitution:
Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

But the courts are rigged and constitutions are an "anachronism", so he will lose his case. In fact, everyone involved in this arrest is clearly questioning his right to bear arms, and should all face criminal charges.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
If the courts were fair, this man would win his case easily.

From the PA state constitution:
Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

But the courts are rigged and constitutions are an "anachronism", so he will lose his case. In fact, everyone involved in this arrest is clearly questioning his right to bear arms, and should all face criminal charges.

But why scare the soft minded weaklings unnecessarily? Bide your time and wait for the price of bullets to fall low enough to where the worthless sons of bitches are truly worth shooting.

ChickenHawk
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
In Washington State the Courts are required by law to provide a place to store your gun while you are in the courthouse. I don't know if they abide by this law or not because I've never had the guts to try it. Some states (like CA) don't even prohibit guns in court.