PDA

View Full Version : How McCain went from dead to winning the nomination!

max
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
This article in The Forward (a resepcted jewish mag)...explains who was behind McCains comeback

http://www.forward.com/articles/14105/

Natalie
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
jooz...

nate895
09-07-2008, 08:13 PM
The reason why he rose from the dead:

Rove informed his RNC buddies that McCain was the only guy that could beat any Democrat outside of the "unacceptable" choice of Ron Paul.

Think about the politics of the time just before he would surge to the front:

Mitt Romney couldn't win because he was a liberal flip-flopper who flip-flopped to be too "conservative" and couldn't switch back before election time.

Mike Huckabee couldn't win because he was a fundamentalist Christian pastor.

Fred Thompson couldn't win because he was too conservative for the time and he was running a campaign with slightly more energy than a corpse.

Rudy Giuliani couldn't win because they conducted a poll and found out that a conservative third party would "steal" enough votes to get into the debates.

fedup100
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
That fat joo bastard calls all the shots. McCain didn't come from anywhere, it was already a done deal by the joo bastard rove, the turd blossom of all joos. He and his rabbi buddies like scooter the joo libby run the whitehouse and the country.

McCain couldn't poke his way out of a paper bag without help and he sure as hell won't win this contest without the corrupt finger of the corrupt vote countin joos

The more I know, the more I see the more nauseated I get..

constitutional
09-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I remember listening to CNN back in early part of summer 2007. I remember John McCain running out of funds and his campaign coming to a halt. His campaign was considered dead end. Just amazes me how he pulled it off.

slacker921
09-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I remember listening to CNN back in early part of summer 2007. I remember John McCain running out of funds and his campaign coming to a halt. His campaign was considered dead end. Just amazes me how he pulled it off.

"he" didn't. ;)

RoamZero
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
He won because he carried NH in 2000 and nearly all the local newspapers endorsed him in 2008. And he didn't get attacked like Huckabee either when he won NH again.

James Madison
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
The New World Order. It doesn't matter though because Obama was the chosen one long before McCain got the nomination.

Mahkato
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
jooz...

... joo ... joo ... joos. ... joo ... joos

slacker921
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
He won because he carried NH in 2000 and nearly all the local newspapers endorsed him in 2008. And he didn't get attacked like Huckabee either when he won NH again.

He won NH in 2008 because you couldn't turn on a TV without seeing his face and hearing his name (along with "comeback" and "maverick") for a week prior to NH. He didn't get the exposure through paid ads, but rather through nice free exposure via his buddies in the media (like you said.. the newspapers endorsed him..). Check the reports on share of political coverage and you'll see he got a HUGE boost in TV coverage right before NH.

Kotin
09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
there you guys go again putting people in groups..

fedup100
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
He won NH in 2008 because you couldn't turn on a TV without seeing his face and hearing his name (along with "comeback" and "maverick") for a week prior to NH. He didn't get the exposure through paid ads, but rather through nice free exposure via his buddies in the media (like you said.. the newspapers endorsed him..). Check the reports on share of political coverage and you'll see he got a HUGE boost in TV coverage right before NH.

Right on, it was given to him free of charge.

nate895
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM

I remember watching on Fox, celebrating. That was before I was a full-blown Ron Paul supporter (I didn't like his stance on the war:o). They then explained how "even" someone like Ron Paul was beating him in funds, oh noz, cants haves that happenz.

Primbs
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
McCain had gotten thirty percent of the New Hampshire primary vote in 2000.

He reclaimed many of his old supporters. Plus the commercials in New Hampshire generated sympathy for his days he spent being tortured in Vietnam.

Here is some more information of where McCain spent in New Hampshire compared to other candidates.

http://www.gwu.edu/%7Eaction/2008/chrnnewh08.html

And a schedule of all the candidates.

http://www.gwu.edu/%7Eaction/2008/nh08/nhvisits08r.html

According to the chart, McCain had twice as many visits as Ron Paul for instance and spent twice as many days in New Hampshire.

nate895
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
McCain had gotten thirty percent of the New Hampshire primary vote in 2000.

He reclaimed many of his old supporters. Plus the commercials in New Hampshire generated sympathy for his days he spent being tortured in Vietnam.

He got nearly 50% (48.53%) and 115,606 in 2000.

In 2008, he got 37% with 88,713 votes.

Highland
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
McCain needs to watch some good old fashioned Mr. Slim Goodbody to help him on his health concerns.

fedup100
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
McCain needs to watch some good old fashioned Mr. Slim Goodbody to help him on his health concerns.

I would think a big bite of polish sausage and then suck in real hard and fast, like to laugh would help his and our problems out a lot. :eek:

UnReconstructed
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
As a fundamentalist Christian, I take offense at Huckabee being called a fundamentalist.

Primbs
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
He got nearly 50% (48.53%) and 115,606 in 2000.

In 2008, he got 37% with 88,713 votes.

As I was saying he had even more residual support from the past than I thought.

Looking at history going into 2008, even though McCain's campaign had imploded, he still had solid history of vote getting in New Hampshire.

nate895
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
As a fundamentalist Christian, I take offense at Huckabee being called a fundamentalist.

So am I, I am just saying that would be the media's attack on him should he have been nominated.

Lord Xar
09-07-2008, 09:30 PM
teutonic zionism ?

Bueller ....... Bueller ...

teshuah
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Did anyone listen to Tom Ridge's speech before McCain came on? He talked about how McCain was doing bad in the polls (I think that's the reference) and he went into McCain's office and he looked a little down and Ridge asked how he was doing. McCain shrugged his shoulders and said something like he's made it through worse. He pushed the papers aside and told Ridge "This is what we're going to do"... so, what role did the fomer head of Homeland Security play in this

specsaregood
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM
The New World Order. It doesn't matter though because Obama was the chosen one long before McCain got the nomination.

Au contraire, McCain was already selected because TPTB knew that he would be the man to get the new cold war started. Guess we'll see whose nutcake conspiracy pans out in a couple months.

ChickenHawk
09-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I predicted back in October or November that McCain would win. At the time he was polling in single digits. I've been involved in Republican politics on and off for almost 15 years so based on what I know about the GOP it seamed to me to be a very likely scenario. I knew that when it got close to the primaries McCain would end up with a solid plurality of the vote because of the highly fractured conservative vote. I also knew that Giuliani didn't have a snow ball's chance in Hell of winning a single state or even getting much over 5%. Giuliani was the only danger for McCain because he is a "moderate", but being that he was unacceptable to most in the GOP he wasn't a problem for McCain.

The conspiracy theories are highly unlikely. However, it was well known by anyone that understands American politics that McCain was the GOP's best hope to win the General. Because of this I'm sure some people in high places did do what that could to help him win.