PDA

View Full Version : How the RNC bought the Police

speech
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
The deal required the Republican Party’s host committee to buy insurance covering up to $10 million in damages and unlimited legal costs for law enforcement officials accused of brutality, violating civil More..rights and other misconduct.

Other cities who hosted conventions in recent years - including Denver, Boston, New York and Philadelphia - either covered those costs from their general budgets or used tax money to buy insurance policies.

But St. Paul officials, led by Mayor Chris Coleman, insisted the committee use its private donations to purchase the insurance policy. They had some leverage because the party had named St. Paul as the location for the convention before striking the city services agreement in January 2007.
http://waronyou.com/2008/09/how-the-rnc-bought-the-police/

Conza88
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
:eek:

CurtisLow
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
What a crock.. GOP to police- Your fully covered to beat heads.

constituent
09-09-2008, 04:50 PM
just where do they find all these temp. cops?

::scratches chin::

brandon
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd rather see the party paying for it then the Minnesota tax payers.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM

Sure, but the taxpayers would never go along with agreeing to "buy insurance covering up to $10 million in damages and unlimited legal costs for law enforcement officials accused of brutality, violating civil More..rights and other misconduct."

In fact, the city wouldn't allow that at all if they gave a flying flip about the citizens or visitors.

Wendi
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Somehow, I feel just a teeny tiny bit better about the whole thing, knowing they really were privately paid rent-a-pigs.

freelance
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM

Well, the MN tax payers did pay for it since the conventions come out of the Federal coffers.

tmosley
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
The solution is simple. Put the insurers out of business (with lawsuits). Make sure that if the parties ever try to pull something like this again, it will cost them more than they can raise.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that they could find an insurer who would underwrite such an event. That would be like State Farm indemnifying me for inviting a bunch of people onto my property and then beating a significant portion of them bloody. I know for a fact that my agent would laugh in my face and show me the door if I filed a claim like that.

HOLLYWOOD
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM

The party DIDN'T PAY for the SECURITY... the American TAXPAYERS paid ALL of it, it was FUNDED by CONGRESS, checks written by the RNC.

$117 MILLION cost to the FEDERAL TAXPAYERS for the RNC in St. Paul.

BTW, this does not include the "TAX WRITEOFFS" of the PAC/LOBBYISTS/CORPORATIONS/HOSTED PARTIES-FUND RAISERS/ETC,

I'm sure the bill to the Americans Taxpayers for the RNC Political Party and their RNC PARTIES: $200+ MILLION

I love to vote myself money/perks and spend other peoples money for myself and friends benefits.

This government is pure Corruption and Corporatism.

Now go wave a flag and vote for US! Zieg Hiel