PDA

View Full Version : #145 - Decnouncing "Liberal" and "Conservative"

AlexMerced
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
from http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com/

Today I denounce the old labels and old hats...

I was orginally self-labeled a liberal believing that it stood for peoples rights over their own lives, and individual responsbility over peoples own decisions and actions. Later on, I learned liberal had transformed into an ideaology of government welfare stealing personal responsibilty from individuals over their property, labor, and businesses labeling all those who descent selfish and greedy to guilt them into foregoing their rights.

I then briefly followed the label conservative thinking it was about the belief in personal responsibility and freedom over ones successes and failures, along with a conservation of those rights outlined by by the constituion. Again, this label had transformed itself into an ideology of sub-verting power over other nations and surveilling those who do not fall in line with the hierarchy.

So one would think I'd embrace a "libertarian" or "consitutionalist" title, but chaining myself to another smaller establishment would do no good or matter cause...

1. Liberty operates independant of the constitution, as much I love the constitution and the foresight of the founding father, if the nation fell tomrrow it would not mean I have lost my right to my will and freedom which is intrinsic in my very existance.

2. To be free of a label doesn't forgoe the reality that changing the system requires playing in the system. The challenge is not losing who you are and what your fighting for as you make your way through.

So in the end the truly free put on many hats as Lovers of Liberty, and Fighters for Freedom when it's time for change. Whether you call me a Liberty Lover or a Freedom Fighter, when the revolution comes around, you better call me.

Truth Warrior
09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
So, what? No beef against the wishy washy Independents, etc., etc.? :p :rolleyes:

:D

AlexMerced
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
lol, independants are all over the map, I'd have to get my darts to do that

Truth Warrior
09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
lol, independants are all over the map, I'd have to get my darts to do that Their votes DECIDE almost ALL elections. ;)

AlexMerced
09-07-2008, 11:32 AM
my only point is that march foward soley on principled, not about restoring any labels. All I care about restoring is freedom.

Truth Warrior
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
my only point is that march foward soley on principled, not about restoring any labels. All I care about restoring is freedom.

"Voting your way to freedom, is like drinking your way to sober." -- TW ;) :D

AlexMerced
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
lol, I love the baldurs gate II avaar, I need to play tha game again

torchbearer
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
lol, I love the baldurs gate II avaar, I need to play tha game again

I asked him about that once... he didn't know what i was talking about.

nate895
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
"Voting your way to freedom, is like drinking your way to sober." -- TW ;) :D

I have seen your posts, and you seem to be against voting as a means of changing things. How do you propose to change things without a violent revolution if voting is a waste of time?

BTW, if voting is a waste of time, it is the least of the wastes. It takes no more than a few minutes to vote. I bet you spend more time sitting on your ass eating potato chips in a day than you do in voting over the span of a decade.

torchbearer
09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I have seen your posts, and you seem to be against voting as a means of changing things. How do you propose to change things without a violent revolution if voting is a waste of time?

BTW, if voting is a waste of time, it is the least of the wastes. It takes no more than a few minutes to vote. I bet you spend more time sitting on your ass eating potato chips in a day than you do in voting over the span of a decade.

don't bother- logic doesn't seem to find any receptors in his brain.
try grunts or simple hand gestures. it fits into his anarchist paradise.

Truth Warrior
09-08-2008, 03:56 AM

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." -- Emma Goldman

Truth Warrior
09-08-2008, 04:14 AM
don't bother- logic doesn't seem to find any receptors in his brain.
try grunts or simple hand gestures. it fits into his anarchist paradise.

I've seen your "logic" laughingly ( so called ). :p :rolleyes: You wouldn't know logic, if it bit you on the butt. Which it does, BTW.

For prime and typical example: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ad%20hominem

Just when I think my views of barbaric statist politicians can't possibly get ANY lower, someone like you happens to come along and just further lowers the bar, yet once again. I've ceased to be surprised by this recurring phenomenon, and am now merely and only bored. :p
You'll fit in just perfectly with government, IF .........

Happy "public trough" feeding. :)

"Taking the State wherever found, striking into its history at any point, one sees no way to differentiate the activities of its founders, administrators, and beneficiaries from those of a professional-criminal class." ~ Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, The State (http://www.mises.org/store/Our-Enemy-the-State-P321.aspx?AFID=14)

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are." -- H.L. Mencken

Conza88
09-08-2008, 04:27 AM
<IMHO>:rolleyes:

:D

AlexMerced
09-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Voting is what Voting is, the bare minimum expression of opinion in the political system. If you don't even vote it means you haven't done the bare minimum. If you want to do the maximum for change that means getting involved in local committees, organizations, and offices.

Voting is the bare minimum

Truth Warrior
09-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Is Voting an Act of Violence?
http://www.voluntaryist.com/articles/103.php