PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Gains Ground on Euro

Change
09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
The importance of the Dollar, seems Dr. Paul knows a little something about the Economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/ap_on_bi_ge/commodities_review_2

slacker921
09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Articles like that just make me shake my head. Why did the dollar strengthen? Was it other countries propping it up? Was it because the economies of all the other major nations are spinning into recession so now the dollar is a safe haven? Was it because central banks and others are dumping oil, gold, etc on the market for dollars? Was it... ahh.. you know.. that mysterious thing that just makes the dollar strengthen when things just look really bad?

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Articles like that just make me shake my head. Why did the dollar strengthen? Was it other countries propping it up? Was it because the economies of all the other major nations are spinning into recession so now the dollar is a safe haven? Was it because central banks and others are dumping oil, gold, etc on the market for dollars? Was it... ahh.. you know.. that mysterious thing that just makes the dollar strengthen when things just look really bad?

Because the European Central Bank has been printing Euros out of thin air and been buying up US Dollars with them. Once our European brethren figure this out, youll see their paper currencies depreciating faster as well along with the dollar.

I hope the Europeans are up to it.. Im not sure... They always look to America for leadership and I dont think this is any different.