PDA

View Full Version : Votes that don't matter...won't matter

IHaveaDream
09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
In less than two months, there will be a presidential election. As of this writing, we are not collectively supporting any candidate in the race. If we continue to employ this dysfunctional strategy, we will have wasted an opportunity to impact this election in a measurable and meaningful way.

The winner of the election will be ceremoniously pandered to for awhile, but then the media will turn its attention to the loser. The losing party will attempt to defend itself by saying that votes were either, not counted, or siphoned off by a "spoiler". This presents an opportunity for our movement to at least become a statistical factor that cannot be ignored.

Ron Paul was repeatedly mocked, ridiculed, censored, and slandered. This movement has gone from being characterized as a handful of spammers to an army of conspiracy theorists. Let's show them that we're actually a couple million fed up voters by speaking with one voice at the polls.

Not voting will not count. Writing in Ron Paul will not count. Joining forces behind a single third party candidate might actually count for something if enough of us do it.

Joseph Hart
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I would wait until monday

pauletteNV
09-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I would wait until monday

very reasonable approach.

newyearsrevolution08
09-06-2008, 06:27 PM
YES, we need to ALL do one thing to prove a point that voting based on ONE THING like republican or democrat makes zero sense lol.

vote your mind, we are not holding hands and skipping to the Special Olympics finish line here.

There is NO WASTED VOTE if you vote for who you want.

The only thing that makes sense is to AT LEAST vote for someone BESIDES mccain or obama

some like barr
some like baldwin
and some like someone else

to ask them to NOT vote for who they want just so we can show a 3% vote for a 3rd party is not only laughable BUT stupid.

constitutional
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I agree with author that we should not do write-ins. But I disagree on the notion of standing behind one single third party candidate. There are a lot of third party candidates out there, research them and vote.

TastyWheat
09-06-2008, 06:51 PM
At this point, the chances of anyone but McCain or Obama getting an electoral vote is between slim and none. The chances of all of us actually rallying behind one candidate is only slightly higher. A vote for a 3rd party or independent is, if nothing else, a message to the two main parties that their shit won't cut it anymore. Maybe that alone will cause them to change their ways (not bloody likely though).

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-06-2008, 07:46 PM
pull out the guy fawkes masks :P

mediahasyou
09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Not voting will count.

How to Vote for Liberty (http://www.voluntaryist.com/nonvoting/vote_for_liberty.php)

Truth Warrior
09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
The ONLY votes that DO matter are half the difference between McCain and Obama + 1, in each state, up to the magical and mystical 270 electoral votes. :p :rolleyes: The rest just cancel each other out, or are otherwise irrelevant. ;)