PDA

View Full Version : What other states can we still get Ron Paul on the ballot?

kombayn
09-06-2008, 02:25 PM
We have Paul/Peroutka in Montana, Paul/Goldwater Jr. in Louisana, and right now the Independent Greens of Virginia have removed Michael Bloomberg off the ticket by his request, Ron Paul is still not denying the VP slot. I think they should go with Baldwin/Paul on the ticket, since they've been talking about Baldwin/Castle as the replacement. That'd be huge. I suggest we start e-mailing the IGP about making Chuck Baldwin/Ron Paul the ticket or vice-versa.

What other states can we get Ron Paul on the ballot? I heard rumors of Minnesota but apparently that may take too much time. Are there any other disaffiliated parties from the LP or CP or just a local 3rd Party with ballot-access for President to elect Ron Paul on the ticket? I wish we could've thought of this sooner, that'd been awesome a grassroots movement for Paul without having him to endorse it, risking his congressional seat.

Thoughts? :cool:

nate895
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Most of the deadlines have passed. Many states will be ordering their ballots in no more than two weeks.

kombayn
09-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Well if we have a chance to influence a current party to nominate Ron Paul or can get him on the ballot through signatures or a filing-fee, I say we do it. I just wish we would've known about this sooner.

kombayn
09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Just checked http://www.ballot-access.org/ballot-chart.html

We missed golden opportunities in Florida (Be organized), Rhode Island (1,000 signatures), Tennessee (25 signatures) and Vermont is still possible (If people think they can get 1,000 signatures before Sept. 12th, I say go for it).

sratiug
09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
We have Paul/Peroutka in Montana, Paul/Goldwater Jr. in Louisana, and right now the Independent Greens of Virginia have removed Michael Bloomberg off the ticket by his request, Ron Paul is still not denying the VP slot. I think they should go with Baldwin/Paul on the ticket, since they've been talking about Baldwin/Castle as the replacement. That'd be huge. I suggest we start e-mailing the IGP about making Chuck Baldwin/Ron Paul the ticket or vice-versa.

What other states can we get Ron Paul on the ballot? I heard rumors of Minnesota but apparently that may take too much time. Are there any other disaffiliated parties from the LP or CP or just a local 3rd Party with ballot-access for President to elect Ron Paul on the ticket? I wish we could've thought of this sooner, that'd been awesome a grassroots movement for Paul without having him to endorse it, risking his congressional seat.

Thoughts? :cool:

You are correct. We should've done this all over the country without his approval to let the Republican party know we were deadly serious. I think some states don't allow this if you were already on the Republican primary ballot. But those are bad laws that should be fought anyway.

Eric21ND
09-06-2008, 02:54 PM
I was on this months ago...:mad:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=132343&highlight=ballot

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, it's unfortunate that we didn't know how Ron Paul would respond until now either. He just doesn't care, as long as he isn't involved in any way.