PDA

View Full Version : USC rally with Ron Paul Wednesday, September 12, 2:30 PM

ghemminger
09-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Announcing a new event for The Pasadena Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

What: Free USC rally with Ron Paul

When: Wednesday, September 12, 2:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: USC Rally - It will be FREE!!!

Come see Congressman Ron Paul speak at a FREE rally on USC's campus, just south of Downtown Los Angeles, at Tommy Trojan from 3:00-4:00pm. Tommy Trojan is located in the heart of USC on Trousdale Parkway near the USC bookstore and Bovard Auditorium. There are multiple parking lots on campus and they can be accessed from any of the surrounding streets but the main two are off of Vermont (Gate 6) and Figueroa (Gate 3). There is a flat rate of 7 dollars to park on campus so try to car pool.

http://sunset.usc.edu/events/2006/ARR/support/upc_map.gif

Please be at Tommy Trojan at 2:30 pm with your Ron Paul signs in hand (we will have some to pass out) and with sun screen because it will be outdoors.

Summary:
Who? Everybody
What? Public Rally with Ron Paul
When? September 12th 3:00-4:00pm
Where? University of Southern California - Tommy Trojan
Why? To spread the message of Ron Paul

Jeffrey says: I was told that my "passions were clouding my reason" by the USC director when I said we would have a minimum of 500 at any given time - can we please prove them wrong?

After the FREE Rally at USC there will be fund raiser on campus located at Town and Gown which will be $500. If you can afford it, please attend that function as well to help fuel the momentum of the campaign.

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1/calendar/6288189/

skiingff
09-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Announcing a new event for The Pasadena Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

What: Free USC rally with Ron Paul

When: Wednesday, September 12, 2:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: USC Rally - It will be FREE!!!

Come see Congressman Ron Paul speak at a FREE rally on USC's campus, just south of Downtown Los Angeles, at Tommy Trojan from 3:00-4:00pm. Tommy Trojan is located in the heart of USC on Trousdale Parkway near the USC bookstore and Bovard Auditorium. There are multiple parking lots on campus and they can be accessed from any of the surrounding streets but the main two are off of Vermont (Gate 6) and Figueroa (Gate 3). There is a flat rate of 7 dollars to park on campus so try to car pool.

http://sunset.usc.edu/events/2006/ARR/support/upc_map.gif

Please be at Tommy Trojan at 2:30 pm with your Ron Paul signs in hand (we will have some to pass out) and with sun screen because it will be outdoors.

Summary:
Who? Everybody
What? Public Rally with Ron Paul
When? September 12th 3:00-4:00pm
Why? To spread the message of Ron Paul

Jeffrey says: I was told that my "passions were clouding my reason" by the USC director when I said we would have a minimum of 500 at any given time - can we please prove them wrong?

After the FREE Rally at USC there will be fund raiser on campus located at Town and Gown which will be $500. If you can afford it, please attend that function as well to help fuel the momentum of the campaign.

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1/calendar/6288189/

Good, looks like my messages resonated with *someone* at least.

USC Rally Sept. 12

Please get as much of your Meetup *as possible* to attend the USC rally on Sept. 12. It will be the biggest Ron Paul rally in Ron Paul HISTORY. A production team from L.A. will also be there to shoot a Ron Paul TV commercial that will air NATIONALLY.

We need roaring crowds to make the TV commercial turn out great!!!

Please, please, everybody needs to show up for this rally.

Who? Everybody
What? Public Rally w/ Ron Paul
When? September 12 2:00-4:00pm
Where? University of Southern California

That was the message I sent out to over 50 Meetup group organizers/asst organizers in the following Meetups:

Pasadena
Hollywood
UCLA
Studio City/North Hollywood
Ron Paul Radio
Ventura
Lancaster
Irvine
Palmdale
West Covina/Rancho Cucamonga
Santa Clarita
Acton
Long Beach
Calabasas/Malibu
Hermosa Beach
Glendale
Burbank
Los Angeles
Venice
Sherman Oaks
Santa Barbara
Santa Maria

Guys, I am going to need you to help spread the word about this rally and get as many people to attend as possible!!!

ghemminger
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Damn - nice JOB - and your like from Virginia? Whoa you are super activist - I' gonna tap you for my Ron Paul Show Promos!!!:)

Lord Xar
09-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I will be there, for sure - and the fundraiser afterwards....

DjLoTi
09-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh and also, we'll be getting the script within 18 hours. We might need some people with RP t-shirts to speak into the camera and be like "he delivered 4,000 babies".. you know, like, be an actor, but not fake ;) :P

bricklayer
09-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Fight on! Too bad I'm not still a student (Class of 2000), else I would be there in a heartbeat.

UtahApocalypse
09-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I am going to try and change my vacation a bit so I can make this event.

ghemminger
09-03-2007, 09:39 AM
I am going to try and change my vacation a bit so I can make this event.

Awesome!!

dseisner
09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm skipping out of work to go to this. 500 people?? NO PROBLEM! They had that amount in Spartanburg...this is LA baby!!!

ghemminger
09-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Awsome - Is someone contacting the local media????

slantedview
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
my brother is going to represent for both of us. i wish i could be there!

Syren123
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Just a reminder to people wanting to attend the reception after the rally which will be awesome, btw (I know...I planned it)...

Be sure to make your donation online using project code LA9122, otherwise you won't be on any list and we won't know you're coming. And we definitely want to know you're coming!

Lord Xar
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Just a reminder to people wanting to attend the reception after the rally which will be awesome, btw (I know...I planned it)...

Be sure to make your donation online using project code LA9122, otherwise you won't be on any list and we won't know you're coming. And we definitely want to know you're coming!

yeah, me and my bro were gonna go to the reception but what is actually happening during the reception? food, and drinks or pretty much - meet and greet?

Syren123
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah, me and my bro were gonna go to the reception but what is actually happening during the reception? food, and drinks or pretty much - meet and greet?

Food, cocktails, speaker(s), meet and greet. Good opportunity to talk to the Doctor in person. There will be a table at the rally selling his book - opportunity to get it signed.

Your mosaic ad will be on display.

skiingff
09-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Everyone needs to log on Meetup.com and send a message to 12 Californian Meetup members about the rally.

A sample message is:

USC Rally Sept. 12

Please attend the USC rally on Sept. 12. It will be the biggest Ron Paul rally in Ron Paul HISTORY. A production team from L.A. will also be there to shoot a Ron Paul TV commercial that will air NATIONALLY.

We need roaring crowds to make the TV commercial turn out great!!!

Please, please, everybody needs to show up for this rally.

Who? Everybody
What? Public Rally w/ Ron Paul
When? September 12 2:00-4:00pm
Why? To spread Ron Paul's message

Thanks,

Yourname

There are over a thousand Ron Paul Meetup members near southern Cali... we should have no problem getting at LEAST a thousand to two thousand people at this rally. 1,000 people showed up for the Texas Ron Paul rally... let's aim to double that in California!!!

wbbgjr
09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Everyone needs to log on Meetup.com and send a message to 12 Californian Meetup members about the rally.

A sample message is:

There are over a thousand Ron Paul Meetup members near southern Cali... we should have no problem getting at LEAST a thousand to two thousand people at this rally. 1,000 people showed up for the Texas Ron Paul rally... let's aim to double that in California!!!

It's going to be hard since it's a on a weekday during working hours, but I'll be there.

wbbgjr
09-03-2007, 05:45 PM

A sample message is:

Has anyone organized something where we would pass out literature to the usc students to come listen to the rally? I believe school will be in session?

wbbgjr
09-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Has anyone organized something where we would pass out literature to the usc students to come listen to the rally? I believe school will be in session?

What if I donate the $2000 and attend the dinner? can I also get on the list for the reception?

Rocket80
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I can't decide whether to go to the breakfast or the cocktail reception.... anyone have any reasons why I should choose one over the other??

I selfishly wish not many people would go so it'd be smaller and more intimate, but I know the more people the better for the campaign!

Anyway... I can't decide, but I'm def. going to one of 'em.

bbachtung
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
How about calling out the gentlemen of Lambda Chi Alpha (Ron Paul's college fraternity from his days at Gettysburg College)?

Lambda Chi Alpha has a chapter at USC (http://www.usc.edu/student-affairs/greeklife/fraternities#lca); here's the list of contact info for the USC chapter: http://www.lambdachi.org/fraternity/chapters/chapter.asp?CHAPTER_ID=100147

tiznow
09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Anyone promoting the free rally on the usc campus? posting flyers etc, flyering cars in parking lots etc...we don't just want us supporters there we want some fresh blood too...

njandrewg
09-03-2007, 10:39 PM
maybe have a massive chalking of the roads with Ron Paul in the days leading up to the event...then the day of the event have a bunch of signs(not chalk) telling people that he is giving a speech from ____ to ____

Lord Xar
09-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I have been deciding whether to do some radio ads or not. I will figure it out in a day or two... put some contacts out on pricing in the local markets.. we'll see.

austin356
09-03-2007, 10:46 PM
WOW; This better be good.

SoCal has 20.5 million people (Ventura, LA, RS, SB, Orange, SD counties).

If we can get over 1,000 to show up in South Carolina (4.4 m); aka home of the Neocons, then there is no reason why 5,000 in LA should not be any problem what so ever.

njandrewg
09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
i.e. who is Ron Paul? Find out September 12th....

Syren123
09-03-2007, 11:38 PM
What if I donate the $2000 and attend the dinner? can I also get on the list for the reception?

Email me: holly@ronpaul2008la.com

Syren123
09-03-2007, 11:39 PM

Yes.