PDA

View Full Version : I'll have more info from Mass. delegation by Monday

Sematary
09-06-2008, 08:05 AM
I received an email with alot of responses but none of them (from the quick glance I took) answer the big question - why? What did they get out of it? The one thing I DID get from this (so far) is that in the end they felt that compromise was the way to go. I want to go deeper into this issue because I think, as we can all agree, compromise is not why they call him Dr. No
Regardless, they deserve their time in the court of public opinion and I'm going to ask some pointed questions. I am NOT, regardless of the outcome of this, going to hold anything against any of the delegations which ended up voting for John McCain. Yes, I'm angry about it, but anger doesn't help, nor does animosity nor does holding a grudge. I'd like to hear from ALL of the Ron Paul delegations that voted for McCain in the end but I only know people in Mass.
If you know someone in another state or ARE from another state and were a delegate, then perhaps you can explain your reasoning to us or, if you feel uncomfortable - have another member you trust do it for you.

Spirit of '76
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
We stayed in the same hotel with the Mass delegation. Let's just say there were some deep divisions within that delegation.

I'm actually surprised that a certain young social climber from Cambridge didn't end up getting his ass kicked.

Aratus
09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
way back in when my state was in winter mode i didn't vote in the republican primary.
as april loomed, i was kicking myself because then i couldn't caucus in my local area. until
this all simmers over i am going to be tres low profile for fear that folks will assume i sorta
got somewhere near st. paul in these last few weeks and had something to do with this all.
i know i am going from an almost apolitical point of apathy to a hypothetical potential senate
run in 2012. i'm going to cautiously figure out what really ranspired this year before i toss any
hat in the ring in 2012. this deepening riddle is on top of mccain's crazy like a fox move to free
up alaska's governor's mansion to big oil's wetdreams of derricks galore all over the place.
i know i was backing mike gravel recently and for good reason, and i really liked wally hickel!!!

Aratus
09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
a dude from cambridge thinks he's tres 'mccain' coattails going places, despite what i see
as a looming and then some obama sweep come november in MY homestate? kade is no
fluke. i'm voting nader, at least... tres third party. even though i feel the pull also. mitt romney
perhaps KNOWs the dude you just meantioned has a double alliance and mayhap NOT a triple one.
knowing things makes this all multi-dimentional. beatty has yet to air ads in his senate run as al gore is an
intro~man for john kerry's obligatory bid. most races here have democrats USUALLY assuming a november
victory is a known given. the hubris and ignorance of youth. all actions most political in my home state
are remembered for a full half century after they transpire. i kid you all not, for the dude right now
is on several people's radar. if even also the kennedy for senate people's...tooooo!!! --- as i am in
the wings with a finger in the breeze. politics is almost tammany hall here. the youth knows this.
sadly enuff our reformers are usually an export product we send to d.c from time to time. seldom do
they dent our local politics. hense why i want to run for the senate in a very aggressive way...

Aratus
09-06-2008, 01:03 PM
seems nearly all local ron paul people got folded up under the big tent like a stack of fold*able chairs as a semi-quiet
deal swept the hall. again... this deal being something other than "new" or "fair"??? admittedly i'm on these forums here...
i'm not going to be judgemental, and after seeing how things are for david gay sr. in new york and how much easier it
is to try to run as a libertarian, let alone how despite the way gunnyfreedom is speaking up for torchbearer, its not a cakewalk at all
to run for office when having a serious intent... i know i must weigh my options. this is like hearing bob barr handed some
tokens to mike gravel in that there vote. each small action has its deepening ripples. a macrocosm/microcosm connectivity...

trapfive
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I received an email with alot of responses but none of them (from the quick glance I took) answer the big question - why? What did they get out of it? The one thing I DID get from this (so far) is that in the end they felt that compromise was the way to go. I want to go deeper into this issue because I think, as we can all agree, compromise is not why they call him Dr. No
Regardless, they deserve their time in the court of public opinion and I'm going to ask some pointed questions. I am NOT, regardless of the outcome of this, going to hold anything against any of the delegations which ended up voting for John McCain. Yes, I'm angry about it, but anger doesn't help, nor does animosity nor does holding a grudge. I'd like to hear from ALL of the Ron Paul delegations that voted for McCain in the end but I only know people in Mass.
If you know someone in another state or ARE from another state and were a delegate, then perhaps you can explain your reasoning to us or, if you feel uncomfortable - have another member you trust do it for you.

Compromise is not why they call him Dr. No...I agree. But there's a difference between compromising as a congressman and compromising as a delegate.

This whole line of thought, believing people are turning their backs on the revolution because they're trying to effect change from within the party is totally a matter of personal opinion.

I mean it really reminds me of the interview Dr. Paul had with Tim Russert. Tim asked about the earmarks, You know the line about voting against a budget but also including earmarks for the 14th Texas district, asked him if that was compromising his principles.

Remember Congressman Paul's response?

Aratus
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
i dare not slap my old unused george mcgovern "don't blame me, i'm from massachusetts" bumpersticker
on any car me or any family member of mine to the fifth cousin could drive in the next four years, due to this
quietude of a political happenstance. politics gets interesting. the fact that this COULD transpire so fecklessly
and effortlessly ...and quietly says volumns to me about our local republican party. i'm glad people didn't get violent.
i know this all adds to a frustration level concerning the powers that be and how easy it is to buy out people!!!

Aratus
09-06-2008, 01:15 PM
this has all we baystaters lookin' like a unit of sunshine soldiers... in terms of the grand cause...

hard@work
09-06-2008, 10:04 PM
What possible offers could have been made short of outright monetary compensation, political position, or relief from threats of force?

Very curious what caused these people to sell themselves so easily.