PDA

View Full Version : For those who think influencing the GOP is a waste of time...

RonPaulFever
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
...just remember that if Ron Paul hadn't run as a Republican, he would have never gotten into the debates and you wouldn't be here reading this right now. :)

Truth Warrior
09-06-2008, 03:50 AM
...just remember that if Ron Paul hadn't run as a Republican, he would have never gotten into the debates and you wouldn't be here reading this right now. :) Is anyone else just getting sick and tired of all of the stupid pre-games and wacko goofy hoops you have to jump through, that are required, just to even get to play this idiotic game called politics? :rolleyes:

Slist
09-06-2008, 04:03 AM
...just remember that if Ron Paul hadn't run as a Republican, he would have never gotten into the debates and you wouldn't be here reading this right now. :)

That's why I think
1) The next candidate for 2012 has to be a republican to get free advertising and airtime
2) We have to take over the republican party from inside instead of somehow hoping to get somewhere in a small party the media does not listens to

newyearsrevolution08
09-06-2008, 04:11 AM
That's why I think
1) The next candidate for 2012 has to be a republican to get free advertising and airtime
2) We have to take over the republican party from inside instead of somehow hoping to get somewhere in a small party the media does not listens to

We need to remove the democratic party at the same time by taking over that party as well.

I think the best strategy is to have a few candidates in both parties so that we can offer "different views" even though they are damn close just like the current b.s. pros and cons versus the repub and democratic parties offer.

I think there should be patriots running as democrats AND republicans to get free air time from both sides.

Truth Warrior
09-06-2008, 04:11 AM
That's why I think
2) We have to take over the republican party from inside instead of somehow hoping to get somewhere in a small party the media does not listens to Why not just take over BOTH parties and "fix" them while you're at it? :rolleyes:

The Difference between Democrats and Republicans
http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/
An accurate, quick and easy read.<IMHO>

newyearsrevolution08
09-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Why not just take over BOTH parties and "fix" them while you're at it? :rolleyes:

The Difference between Democrats and Republicans
http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/
An accurate, quick and easy read.<IMHO>

haha beat you to it...

Slist
09-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Why not just take over BOTH parties and "fix" them while you're at it? :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea at all :-D

Truth Warrior
09-06-2008, 04:18 AM
haha beat you to it... ;)

Truth Warrior
09-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Not a bad idea at all :-D Go for it. ;)

jkr
09-06-2008, 08:11 AM
can i play democrat?

acptulsa
09-06-2008, 08:15 AM
For those who think influencing the GOP is a waste of time...

You weren't paying attention when McCain did his best possible imitation of a conservative at the convention.

No lobbyists? No special interests? Balanced budgets? That's John Sydney who?!

Truth Warrior
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
can i play democrat? Why not? The Democrats do. :D

Matt Collins
09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
CFL'rs in Orlando and Nevada are getting very close to taking over their local GOPs. This proves it can indeed be done.

speciallyblend
09-06-2008, 10:03 AM
CFL'rs in Orlando and Nevada are getting very close to taking over their local GOPs. This proves it can indeed be done.

yep, i never got to meet you,but i was the guy walking with no mccain sign,and i walked every stair multiple times all day, my legs are feeling it right now but o well:)

literatim
09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
If one thinks they can't change the Republican party, how does one think they can change the government?

Here is an example of why 3rd parties are essentially useless.

http://takingthepulse.blip.tv/#1236340

pauletteNV
09-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Like Truth Warrior, I am getting fed up with these stupid politc games. It appears to be a fundraiser for those who are willing to play and has little to do with the will of the population. Why do the taxpayers pay for funding of a "private club's" convention? I assume Dr. Paul had to pay for his privilede for running as a candidate for President, I mean the party requires you pay over and over for everything, so what gave them the right to marginalize him?

I have a another question. As a citizen with no criminal record or any pending legal problems or reasons to keep me from a legal vote, how do I simply cast a vote for Ron Paul as my President?