PDA

View Full Version : My Experience with the Minneapolis TSA

SLSteven
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I went to the Minneapolis Airport Wednesday afternoon to catch my plane back home after experiencing the awesome Rally for the Republic on the previous day. As I was standing in a cordoned-off area waiting in line for the agent to scan my ID, a TSA agent walked directly up to me and asked "How are you doing? Are you travelling for business or pleasure?" I responded that I was just returning home. I was wondering why he had chosen me out of the 8 or 10 passengers in the area and whether I was in for some sort of interrogation or search. There was nothing unusual about my appearance. I was wearing simply jeans and a plain collared shirt with nothing to suggest any politcal leaning. I was standing there with my carry-on suitcase, a book, and a package. The package was the exact shape and size of a Ron Paul for President 2008 yard sign. In fact it was a yard sign that Ron Paul had autographed at the Federal Reserve Building a couple of days before. Not wanting to invite any extra scrutiny in the screening area, I had wrapped it thoroghly by taping together 2 large UPS padded envelopes and the package thus gave no clue to its contents aside from its shape. After a few moments the agent surprised me by asking..."Did you go to that Ron Paul rally yesterday?" I said that yes I had. As a smile began to emerge on his face, he inquired..."Did Jesse Ventura light the place up?" When I affirmed that indeed he had, the agent smiled even bigger and said -- "thats what I heard!"

tpreitzel
09-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Beautiful... :) Now, we just need to rid ourselves of the TSA...

rbu
09-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Nice but far and few between these days

pacelli
09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd say their behavioral profiling program is working quite well.

Matt Collins
09-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Yeah most of the TSA guys are just doing a job that happens to pay the bills. Most of them are humans too. Most of them are not security experts. Most of them don't know anything about rights, the law, or the Constitution.

The TSA people in Nashville are super nice. The ones in Orlando, not so much.

Johnnybags
09-06-2008, 07:15 AM
I was dressed cleanly but I brought nothing on board. Leaving the morning of the rally my questions were why do I have nothing? Traveling light I said, returning in the morning. Where ya going,why? Ah gee Minneapolis the ticket says, for a convention. Well, apparently that was it. My brand new sneakers were sprayed with some chemical, my hat inspected. No big deal. On the way home. Where have you been? Convention, I said. No bags? no traveling light. Wanded over nine ways to Sunday but no big deal. I'll never not bring a bag again though, somehow they like stuff to meander thru.

Dustancostine
09-06-2008, 07:20 AM
In Minn we had a good experience with the TSA. We were all wearing Ron Paul stuff and they asked how it was and commented on all the Ron Paul people. I guess since Jesse spoke there it helped us with the working people of Minnesota.

Matt Collins
09-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I was dressed cleanly but I brought nothing on board. Leaving the morning of the rally my questions were why do I have nothing? Traveling light I said, returning in the morning. Where ya going,why? Ah gee Minneapolis the ticket says, for a convention. Well, apparently that was it. My brand new sneakers were sprayed with some chemical, my hat inspected. No big deal. On the way home. Where have you been? Convention, I said. No bags? no traveling light. Wanded over nine ways to Sunday but no big deal. I'll never not bring a bag again though, somehow they like stuff to meander thru.You are probably on an "Extra scrutiny list"

JohnMeridith
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
i didnt even know the tsa people could speak. I always try to get them to converse but they never do.

Bruno
09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I went to the Minneapolis Airport Wednesday afternoon to catch my plane back home after experiencing the awesome Rally for the Republic on the previous day. As I was standing in a cordoned-off area waiting in line for the agent to scan my ID, a TSA agent walked directly up to me and asked "How are you doing? Are you travelling for business or pleasure?" I responded that I was just returning home. I was wondering why he had chosen me out of the 8 or 10 passengers in the area and whether I was in for some sort of interrogation or search. There was nothing unusual about my appearance. I was wearing simply jeans and a plain collared shirt with nothing to suggest any politcal leaning. I was standing there with my carry-on suitcase, a book, and a package. The package was the exact shape and size of a Ron Paul for President 2008 yard sign. In fact it was a yard sign that Ron Paul had autographed at the Federal Reserve Building a couple of days before. Not wanting to invite any extra scrutiny in the screening area, I had wrapped it thoroghly by taping together 2 large UPS padded envelopes and the package thus gave no clue to its contents aside from its shape. After a few moments the agent surprised me by asking..."Did you go to that Ron Paul rally yesterday?" I said that yes I had. As a smile began to emerge on his face, he inquired..."Did Jesse Ventura light the place up?" When I affirmed that indeed he had, the agent smiled even bigger and said -- "thats what I heard!"

Glad you had a great experience. Wonder how he knew?

xerigen
09-06-2008, 08:08 PM
The TSA at MSP were really nice. There was a group of about 6 of us who headed to the airport right after the rally and had to wait outside the security check for 5 or 6 hours because we didn't have our boarding pass. A TSA agent walked up to us and started asking about Ron Paul's philosophies and stuff.