PDA

View Full Version : Ron's press conference on the 10th

thomaspaine23
09-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Just had an interesting thought.

Not that this is what they'll say on the 10th, BUT.....

Every member of the electoral college is in theory free to vote for WHOMEVER they so choose. So, what would happen say if Barr and Baldwin said they would
"free" any electoral votes they got to vote for Paul???

He would not be "on" the ballot and would still be a republican. But no one could do a thing.....

Chiznaddy
09-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Just had an interesting thought.

Not that this is what they'll say on the 10th, BUT.....

Every member of the electoral college is in theory free to vote for WHOMEVER they so choose. So, what would happen say if Barr and Baldwin said they would
"free" any electoral votes they got to vote for Paul???

He would not be "on" the ballot and would still be a republican. But no one could do a thing.....

bumppp...that would be awesome

Kotin
09-06-2008, 12:54 AM
umm... they are not going to get any electoral college votes..

blocks
09-06-2008, 01:09 AM
umm... they are not going to get any electoral college votes..

Yeah...the only remotely reasonable shot at getting any would be Maine or Nebraska cause they split the votes by Congressional district.

idiom
09-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Such an announcement would ammount to an independent run for Ron Paul.

However the CP and LP would have to combine their slate to compete in vote counting terms. Plus they would have to Buy United Voting systems or whoever they are now.

Kotin
09-06-2008, 01:17 AM
sorry, we would all love to campaign for Ron Paul again but if he did that he would be discredited most likely.. :(

AJ Antimony
09-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Ron's probably going to say...

"I called this press conference to make an endorsement. I, Ron Paul, hereby endorse....... NOT WRITING ME IN."

TER
09-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I agree. Ron Paul is not aiming for the presidency right now. I think he would be quite content taking a high profile position under a third party administration.

TER
09-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Secretary of Treasurer!!!