PDA

View Full Version : Let me Tell You A Story About the Early Days of This Forum

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Ron Paul was excluded from the debates by Rick Beltram in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Someone on this forum had an idea: Let's have a food drive and generate some press for Ron Paul in protest, and help people at the same time.

At that time, Ron Paul was getting alot of negative press for his supporters 'spamming' polls (he was winning every straw poll, because he had the only existent grassroots in the race).

So someone else had an idea: Spam Spartanburg. (food drive including cans of spam) within A COUPLE OF HOURS a chipin was made, and several hundred dollars were raised - the food drive was a success.

Another time someone had the idea to use pictures of Ron Paul supporters to create a 'mosaic' picture of Ron Paul. This person released the first mosaic picture, and someone else suggested it become a full-page newspaper ad, and soon after enough money was raised to put it in the Ames Tribune THE DAY OF THE IOWA STRAW POLL.

This place used to be the pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom.

Wish ya'll could have seen it. Wish it could be that way again.

Every time you post: Are you bringing a project closer to fruition? If not, perhaps you should start another forum: RonPaulCouchPotatos.com. Please, please, try not to get in the way of real work around here.

/rant.

EDIT:

here are some favorite quotes of mine from this thread. biased as the selection process may be, I will be coming to this thread for a quick read whenever I feel a bit down.

ellipses are mine, hope I didn't bastardize meaning!

I remember. That's when we were all focused on a common goal. The ideas being generated and the implementation of those ideas around here.... It was all amazing. We were a powerful force then.

I only started coming in Sept. 07 but things were still pretty fresh and exciting! People weren't afraid to float "out there" ideas, the innovation around this joint could be inspiring and could possibly life altering! Yes, sure things are quite bogged down a bit now, but I have faith if any group can get past a sticky obstacle, it's this raggle taggle band of budding Patriots!

I still hold that in my heart when I think of our country's future. It is our responsibility to give this country to the next generation intact. We didn't inherit it in working order, but before we die we have to find a way to get it back. What hope is there for liberty in the world if we can't?

I'm not going to give up. I know others will not. We might pursue different mediums- but we all want similar things. Peace and Freedom. God bless Dr. Paul for his work, and all of you for supporting each other.

May we see brighter days in this forum, and in our futures.

I found the forum about the same time, and feel the same way. As an old guy, I'd like to point out that last year wasn't so long ago, nor is the next election cycle so far away. It's a matter of perspective.

there are still a lot of important projects that come up on these boards that get little traction like they used to..........but we are still growing, still going strong, and this country is changing because of us, and our partnership with other groups like us so ya, u guys are still AWESOME!!!

my impulsive desire to pimp the Free State Project requires me to suggest that you check out moving to where the non-couch potato libertarians are all moving to. We're sucking all the best activists away from other states so you best join us

It seemed like everywhere I looked there were lies and injustice, and the sollutions being offered by the media and politicians allwayes defied common sense. You all know what I mean.....

.....I remember how privileged I felt to be able to come here every day and learn more about the man and the philosophy. It was a very special time because every time someone dugg out some new peice of information, it was allways good news. There were no dumb questions back then because we were all learning together, and there was a sense of adventure every day as we worked together to learn more. We were the pioneers, and that was both very exciting and very humbling....

Thinking back it was truly one of the greatest times in my young life, I was at that one special place at that one special time, and that makes me feel so lucky. However, as it is allways the case things change. We can't turn back time and relive that time again even if we wanted to, but those of us who were here can remember it, and maybe - just maybe we can try to find that old spirit of cooperation again. If we start getting back to basics - recognizing that no question is too stupid, and every effort - no matter how small or seemingly insignificant - is worthwhile and can be realised if a few people work together to get it done. And perhaps we should revive that old motto again.

I remember that night well. Probably one of my most favorite Grassroots moments!! There were quite a few people on that night, we were hashing that poster out and making it just right. We all worked together. there was no; I, Me, or Mine. We all worked together seamlessly. Then within a day we had the money to get it in the paper. The best part of all..... it cost the Campaign ZERO!! That really strikes me as a metaphor of free market enterprise.

free people, in pursuit of enlightened self interest, follow similar paths - toward SUCCESS and HAPPINESS!

I'm sensing a resurrection of the force.
something is happening.

So I shouted out to my RP brothers and sisters on this forum and I start getting my paypal account filled with some people donating and a bunch of locals threw down some cash to actually do this thing. Unbelievable.....

.....it was so exciting to see people moving towards a common cause and the spontaneous creativity of ideas. Ideas that had never been done before and yet being able to overcome the obstacles of resources and time, and having it come to fruition. It was an exciting time.

The difference between then and now is then we lived and breathed hope every minute of every day. Dr. Paul was the cure for apathy......

......The forums back then was where we expressed our interactions with the real world to each other. We all found hope in Ron Paul. We believed in him. We supported him. When someone said Ron Paul did not have a chance it fueled us. Defeat was not an option.

There were many ideas, inspiration, and motivation to be found on the forum. We literally created magic. The liberty fire was rekindled.

us guys in nashville are too busy grabbing leadership positions and influence in the davidson county republican party to be dreaming up food drives

in all seriousness, though, as that was a joke, this is not an election year so it will be a little bit less in the way of activism, however, that means the opposition is in even WORSE shape, they already have political positions and no desire to campaign. this is the year to show up and take advantage of the smaller numbers at caucuses for political groups and to WIN THEIR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS.

hey, it's not over and apathy can not be described as not handing out slim-jims or doing sign bombs in 2009.......

I miss the old days, too. You know, back when we were prepared to tar and feather (or just email and call) anyone who marginalized us, were prepared to take real grassroots action over real issues, and spread the word to everyone we met.

What we're missing right now is spirit. We complain about all the tyranny we see, but how many are writing to legislators and telling them that we won't stand for their crap, educating others, and encouraging them to do the same? We need to get the spirit back.

LibertyEagle
09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I remember. That's when we were all focused on a common goal. The ideas being generated and the implementation of those ideas around here....

It was all amazing. :)

We were a powerful force then.

Indy Vidual
09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
This place used to be the pinnacle of grassroots activity...

I missed the early days, maybe good times will come again. :)

Razmear
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the flashback to our better days nayjevin!
I think I remember that user who started the Spam Spartanburg and the RonPaulMosaic.
Hopefully he'll find his motivation again soon and start to be a more productive member again.

eb

Roxi
09-05-2008, 09:05 PM
fantastic post.... this is soooo true.... i am amused by these forums, and now use it for socializing and entertainment as much as i do for information... i wish there was a subforum that was similar to GRC that EVERYONE hung out in, and stopped posting crap in the real GRC... but unfortunately anything posted in other areas are rarely seen by many, so they never take off... GRC should be converted to the "water cooler" and the subforums should be used for productive stuff

gocubsgo
09-05-2008, 09:07 PM
ohhh, the good ole days,

PatriotOne
09-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I remember. That's when we were all focused on a common goal. The ideas being generated and the implementation of those ideas around here....

It was all amazing. :)

We were a powerful force then.

We still are a powerful force. People have just left this forum since it was allowed to be taken over by trolls. Looking forward to the C4L forum...we shall once again kick ass and the trolls can talk amongst themselves here ;).

yongrel
09-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Ah, nostalgia.

UtahApocalypse
09-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Ahhh yes 2 of my fond memories of here as well :)

A. Havnes
09-05-2008, 10:27 PM
This place used to be the pinnacle of grassroots activity...

I missed the early days, maybe good times will come again. :)

One thing Ron Paul has taught me is that it's never too late to get back to your roots. We'll march better as a grassroots army once we have clear marching orders again.

Knightskye
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh the days when we thought Ron Paul had a chance of doing well.

hard@work
09-05-2008, 10:40 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4876/1milhe0.jpg

He did do well. We all did.

Conza88
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
People need to put things into perspective.

Roxi
09-05-2008, 10:48 PM
this thread is awesome.... any other good memories anyone?

hard@work
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I had fun with "Flower Bomb"ing Laura Ingraham.

Razmear
09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
this thread is awesome.... any other good memories anyone?

http://ronpaulmosaic.com/spam1000.jpg

JoshLowry
09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%208/Iowa%20Rally%20Street%20Parade_files/IMG_4923.jpg

Voodoo
09-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I blame myself. I let Josh sleep in too much in NH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annAvztnEw0

Paulite
09-05-2008, 11:11 PM
crap too bad i learned about ron paul in late september/ early october. the october 9 msnbc debate wa sthe first i saw live and god damn what a debate that was.

Roxi
09-05-2008, 11:15 PM

HA HA awesome video... ernies van... gosh brings back memories... the banner making factory was SOOOOOOOOO awesome, i still have a banner (i kept one for memories)

MsDoodahs
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Bittersweet....

purplechoe
09-05-2008, 11:46 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

micahnelson
09-05-2008, 11:48 PM
We had a common goal then because all of us knew, at least sort of, what to do.

Back then we took our saturdays, went outside with our slimjims (which were free at first, lol) and chatted people up about the campaign. Here was my hook line.

"Excuse me, do you vote?" Most people said no. I would follow up with "Well you'll want to vote for this guy. Let me tell you about Ron Paul. He's running for President."

What do we do now? Ron Paul isn't running for president anymore. No Ron Paul candidates are running in my state. I want to bring more people to an appreciation of our liberties, and an understanding that they are under attack- but we have lost the vehicle for that.

I wish there was a Ron Paul 09 campaign like they were joking about on the Colbert Report. I dont think people here have the wrong intentions, but we are all so upset that this great moment is over. Some people blame naysayers, other blame perennial optimists. No one is to blame. We had very little chance this time around, but we got 1 Million votes. Thats a hell of a start. No gimmicks, well... the blimp..., not many gimmicks. No promises for handouts. No bull. Just liberty, freedom, peace and prosperity.

It was beautiful. I still think of avaroth using coldplay's "Fix You" in his video.

I still hold that in my heart when I think of our country's future. It is our responsibility to give this country to the next generation intact. We didn't inherit it in working order, but before we die we have to find a way to get it back. What hope is there for liberty in the world if we can't?

I'm not going to give up. I know others will not. We might pursue different mediums- but we all want similar things. Peace and Freedom. God bless Dr. Paul for his work, and all of you for supporting each other.

May we see brighter days in this forum, and in our futures.

TER
09-05-2008, 11:53 PM
The memories of those internet polls and call in votes which Ron won every time... Ah, such good times...

RockEnds
09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
The Straw Poll

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m344/RockEnds/Straw%20Poll/2007_0811001.jpg

inibo
09-05-2008, 11:56 PM
http://openqbl.org/preview/spam2.jpg (http://isilion.blogsome.com/2007/07/23/ron-paul-spammers-spam-local-charity-with-a-wall-of-food/)

RonPaulVolunteer
09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Ron Paul was excluded from the debates by Rick Beltram in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Someone on this forum had an idea: Let's have a food drive and generate some press for Ron Paul in protest, and help people at the same time.

At that time, Ron Paul was getting alot of negative press for his supporters 'spamming' polls (he was winning every straw poll, because he had the only existent grassroots in the race).

So someone else had an idea: Spam Spartanburg. (food drive including cans of spam) within A COUPLE OF HOURS a chipin was made, and several hundred dollars were raised - the food drive was a success.

Another time someone had the idea to use pictures of Ron Paul supporters to create a 'mosaic' picture of Ron Paul. This person released the first mosaic picture, and someone else suggested it become a full-page newspaper ad, and soon after enough money was raised to put it in the Ames Tribune THE DAY OF THE IOWA STRAW POLL.

This place used to be the pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom.

Every time you post: Are you bringing a project closer to fruition? If not, perhaps you should start another forum: RonPaulCouchPotatos.com. Please, please, try not to get in the way of real work around here.

/rant.

Some of us still are...

Voodoo
09-06-2008, 12:38 AM
No fights. I'm just sayin'. I still think this ad makes RP the nominee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

RockEnds
09-06-2008, 12:50 AM

I loved that ad.

TER
09-06-2008, 12:56 AM
i loved that ad.

+1776

freelance
09-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Remember the Iowa Tax Reform Forum (or whatever) where they wouldn't let RP speak and so he had a rally next door and had far more people in attendance? That was a high point.

hotbrownsauce
09-06-2008, 02:21 AM
+ 1 to post creator

RockEnds
09-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Remember the Iowa Tax Reform Forum (or whatever) where they wouldn't let RP speak and so he had a rally next door and had far more people in attendance? That was a high point.

That's why I found this forum. I liked what I heard in the debate. I was extremely impressed when, after he was shut out of the candidates forum, he rented the room next door. I drove to Des Moines to check him out in person, and from that moment on, I was sold.

CasualApathy
09-06-2008, 02:40 AM
I remember how exciting It was back then too. Thank you for bringing it all back with these wonderful posts :)

Dustancostine
09-06-2008, 02:43 AM
I was there back then too, I remember.

Remember the Ames Ad? How the Ames Paper sold so many copies around the world? And how they brought us extra print outs to the straw poll to hand out.

I also remember Lord Zar's independent radio ad that we did for the straw poll. That was awesome.

--Dustan

devil21
09-06-2008, 03:03 AM
I was giddy when my name came up on Ron's birthday card fundraiser donor list and I completely RP'ed my MySpace page.

Then driving 100 miles to hear his speech and shake his hand in Columbia, SC, by the river in October.

EDIT: Ooooh! And posting the very first "in the wild" video of the Blimp! Sans right side sign :) Good lord that was retarded lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3wU6hi6EtE

thechitowncubs
09-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Anyone remember Ron Paul's Christmas Vacation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXyCGmTakJ4

Meatwasp
09-06-2008, 04:52 AM
I could say, Don't regret yesterday, you have your life today and you make your own tomorrows, but yah those were the days

kaleidoscope eyes
09-06-2008, 05:27 AM
I only started coming in Sept. 07 but things were still pretty fresh and exciting! People weren't afraid to float "out there" ideas, the innovation around this joint could be inspiring and could possibly life altering!

Yes, sure things are quite bogged down a bit now, but I have faith if any group can get past a sticky obstacle, it's this raggle taggle band of budding Patriots!

And if nothing else, I love Ron Paul and his ideals even more than I did WAY back a whole year ago! LOL

I thank all of you who first started this, you have done more good than you may ever realize.

Pete
09-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I only started coming in Sept. 07 but things were still pretty fresh and exciting! People weren't afraid to float "out there" ideas, the innovation around this joint could be inspiring and could possibly life altering!

Yes, sure things are quite bogged down a bit now, but I have faith if any group can get past a sticky obstacle, it's this raggle taggle band of budding Patriots!

And if nothing else, I love Ron Paul and his ideals even more than I did WAY back a whole year ago! LOL

I thank all of you who first started this, you have done more good than you may ever realize.

+1

I found the forum about the same time, and feel the same way. As an old guy, I'd like to point out that last year wasn't so long ago, nor is the next election cycle so far away. It's a matter of perspective.

What took the wind out of our sails was concerted efforts against us by TPTB, with the stupid racist claims in January followed by an agonizing press blackout, not to mention all the dirty GOP tricks since. We should take it as a compliment that our political enemies became so desperate that they had to use such blatant tactics.

What to do now? Well, we should receive some guidance for the presidential election from Dr. Paul this week, and that will be exciting. We need to do what we can for the best candidates for state and local offices in the two months remaining. After that, we have the C4L to support. There's plenty to do.

If we work hard, we'll have some success in the 2008 elections and a big presence in 2012, I promise!

brandon
09-06-2008, 07:08 AM

/rant.

This is true, but now the presidential campaign is over. There is little room left for a national organization. At this point we all should be focused on local politics if we want to have any chance of success in the future.

In the absence of any pressing national campaign issues, it is pretty natural for the forum to just become a discussion/social forum.

constituent
09-06-2008, 07:48 AM
In the absence of any pressing national campaign issues, it is pretty natural for the forum to just become a discussion/social forum.

for the time being, yes. but patience is a virtue!

Roxi
09-06-2008, 01:47 PM
This is true, but now the presidential campaign is over. There is little room left for a national organization. At this point we all should be focused on local politics if we want to have any chance of success in the future.

i totally get what your saying, and i really enjoy the socializing that i do on these forums, i don't have any friends in real life, because none of them want to hear about politics, or liberty or ron paul, or news stories associated, im pretty sure i have been blocked from several email lists, or at least forwarded to the spam box

so you guys are all i got

however, i think what nay is getting at is this... there are still a lot of important projects that come up on these boards that get little traction like they used to... ill go ahead and use LSP as an example here, LSP isn't getting as much traction as it should be, i have tried to explain why i feel like its so important, and im sure everyones getting tired of hearing about it, but in the old days the video would have had thousands of views not a couple hundred, we would have raised several thousand dollars, not 1200

the subforum would have been full, its only posters are the few people helping and a handful of others who are interested.

there are other similar projects that don't get enough attention, or are pushed down by trolls, or whatever... the teamwork just isn't there like it used to be

but we are still growing, still going strong, and this country is changing because of us, and our partnership with other groups like us

so ya, u guys are still AWESOME!!!

ronpaulhawaii
09-06-2008, 02:04 PM
The 4th of July Signbomb showed us our ability to use the net for coordinated national efforts. The thermometer led the way to the moneybombs..., what a ride...

(Luckily, I'm a rollercoaster junkie :D)

onward and forward

woooohooooooo!!!

:)

The_Orlonater
09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I wasn't around. Technically I'm the new guy.

MsDoodahs
09-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I wasn't around. Technically I'm the new guy.

You would have loved it. I've never seen anything like the way it used to be here in my life.

The energy was amazing.

We would find out that Ron was going to be on some show...we'd gather here hours in advance....we'd all be nervous as hell....we were thrilled if Ron was on for two minutes!

If you never saw the "ron paul junkie" youtube that Rachel did...that was what we all were....ron paul junkies....when we got the teeniest fix, we'd be totally totally thrilled and pumped to do more and more and more.

It was truly special...

porcupine
09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
nayjevin, my impulsive desire to pimp the Free State Project requires me to suggest that you check out moving to where the non-couch potato libertarians are all moving to. We're sucking all the best activists away from other states so you best join us :p

CasualApathy
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Here is my story:

When these forums were created I had only known about Ron Paul for a short time. Actually I was a pretty disillusioned young man at the time... It seemed like everywhere I looked there were lies and injustice, and the sollutions being offered by the media and politicians allwayes defied common sense. You all know what I mean.

Then one day as I was listening to Alex Jones - which I did a lot back then - he started talking about this congressman from Texas. I quickly began paying attention because I had never heard Alex talk so positively about anyone. Alex was talking about trying to convince Ron Paul to run for president, and he asked his listeners to write letters of support and encouragement. Alex must have made at least a 2-hour pitch, explaining all the reasons why Ron Paul was exactly what america needed. When the show ended, I just had to know more about him.

I began to google the good doctor, and the more I found, the more I became fascinated by the philosophy. Being a Dane and living in europe, I had never heard anything like this, ever. I was drawn to it because I had all these questions about the world, but untill I learned about Ron Paul I had no answers.

Needless to say I became pretty obsessed with learning more, and I spent a lot of time following the latest news on the few early sites like the DailyPaul. This was a whole new world that was opening up to me, and I simply couldn't get enough.

I was very active spreading the word about Dr. Paul online in chat rooms and news-sites, but I had never been active on any forums at that time. When this forum was finally created I mostly just read it for the news, but It wasn't long before I realised that these forums were a very special place.

I remember the excitement of going to these forums every day. Back then Ron Paul was still pretty unknown, so there was almost a sort of brotherhood between us here. We were here because we knew that we liked Ron Paul, but many of us were still learning the basics.

I remember how privileged I felt to be able to come here every day and learn more about the man and the philosophy. It was a very special time because every time someone dugg out some new peice of information, it was allways good news. There were no dumb questions back then because we were all learning together, and there was a sense of adventure every day as we worked together to learn more. We were the pioneers, and that was both very exciting and very humbling.

Back then we couldn't have imagined where we would be today. We were here talking about and supporting this obscure congressman from Texas, and we did it simply because of the passion he had awoken in us.

We were pretty modest in our efforts at first. We would see a news-article and work together in spreading the word about Dr. Paul in the comments. We would help eachother finding information, articles, books, videos, blogs, anything we could find. someone would suggest an idea, and those who wanted to help out did so, and those who didn't stayed quiet. We had a motto back then; "Help out, or shut up."

Thinking back it was truly one of the greatest times in my young life, I was at that one special place at that one special time, and that makes me feel so lucky.
However, as it is allways the case things change. We can't turn back time and relive that time again even if we wanted to, but those of us who were here can remember it, and maybe - just maybe we can try to find that old spirit of cooperation again. If we start getting back to basics - recognizing that no question is too stupid, and every effort - no matter how small or seemingly insignificant - is worthwhile and can be realised if a few people work together to get it done.

And perhaps we should revive that old motto again.

malibuu
09-06-2008, 07:35 PM

Yes, the taxrelief.org forum of Ed Failor, Jr. in Des Moines in late June 2007 - the early meetups really got on it all quick to pass around
that the champion of taxpayer rights was being excluded - and the Iowa Republican Party and State Attorney General Office were contacted
because as a non-profit that organization can not support - or exclude - any FEC filed candidates without jeopardizing their non-profit status.

mediahasyou
09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
much respect.

if this didn't happen, i'd still be a neocon.

DAFTEK
09-06-2008, 07:56 PM
^ I remember some of Hamadeh posts, Good guy like many others who don't post much around here anymore. I hope we reorganize again soon and grow bigger then ever. Ron Paul has brought back to me what i had once when i was a Ronald Reagan Republican :( God i miss that man. My most favorite picture in my house sits framed in my living room wall so everyone can see it. Ronald Reagan talking with Ron Paul! Priceless!!!! These are my Heroes!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/Troyg19/ron_paul_reagan_3.jpg

http://www.connietalk.com/ron_paul_ronald_reagan.jpg

TruckinMike
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2113/2181981900_c72f995cdf.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2017/1544055069_1838489e24.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/1677945850_6fd6eff2fb.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/1694743369_cda814bdcf.jpg

..The good 'Ol days:)

in case you were wondering... yes, I did take the "RED" pill.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2246155421_5c248cb966.jpg

DAFTEK
09-06-2008, 09:19 PM
^^ lol ^^ :D That's one hell'a pill... Good work soldier!!! ;)

nayjevin
09-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I remember how privileged I felt to be able to come here every day and learn more about the man and the philosophy. It was a very special time because every time someone dugg out some new peice of information, it was allways good news. There were no dumb questions back then because we were all learning together, and there was a sense of adventure every day as we worked together to learn more. We were the pioneers, and that was both very exciting and very humbling.

However, as it is allways the case things change. We can't turn back time and relive that time again even if we wanted to, but those of us who were here can remember it, and maybe - just maybe we can try to find that old spirit of cooperation again. If we start getting back to basics - recognizing that no question is too stupid, and every effort - no matter how small or seemingly insignificant - is worthwhile and can be realised if a few people work together to get it done.

echo, thanks!

angelatc
09-06-2008, 10:10 PM
i totally get what your saying, and i really enjoy the socializing that i do on these forums, i don't have any friends in real life, because none of them want to hear about politics, or liberty or ron paul, or news stories associated, im pretty sure i have been blocked from several email lists, or at least forwarded to the spam box

so you guys are all i got

I'm kind of like that too. I have to admit thought, while they don't want to hear about politics, liberty, Ron Paul or creeping socialism, I don't want to hear about their concerns either. Botox, manicures, shopping, American Idol (ok, maybe the last couple of shows...) Desperate Housewives.....ugh.

reduen
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Touch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CMwEXfcZg :cool:

DAFTEK
09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
:D It's the only thing that keeps the fire in my gut burning,,, daily apathy ;) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zto1tFg9G7k

reduen
09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
:D It's the only thing that keeps the fire in my gut burning,,, daily apathy ;) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zto1tFg9G7k

Nice man...

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM

thanks, casualApathy!

Thinking back it was truly one of the greatest times in my young life, I was at that one special place at that one special time, and that makes me feel so lucky.

speciallyblend
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
thanks, casualApathy!

nayjevin ,things might change a lil on the forums in the coming weeks. what we have planned is something i have been thinking about for awhile. We have several talented people from rpf:) involved and when we launch ,we will have tools for everyone to get involved:)

http://digg.com/politics/Constitution_Revolution_Calling_All_Remaining_Patr iots

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=181547, EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN OUR INSPIRATION for this next project and it will involve all of you:)

more to come, I just hope we make you all proud to get involved with this next project!!!

Todd
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Beautiful OP friend.. :D

Ah...the good ol days of money bombs and people actually hitting the streets.

Todd
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
One thing Ron Paul has taught me is that it's never too late to get back to your roots. We'll march better as a grassroots army once we have clear marching orders again.

That was the cool thing about early on. We were the ones that dictated the marching orders. Paul's campaign team was the one in disaray. Many on this board were the ones that brought the grassroots stuff together. We don't need marching orders.

wizardwatson
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
http://web.mac.com/bossobass.com/iWeb/Site%208/Iowa%20Rally%20Street%20Parade_files/IMG_4923.jpg

Hey my signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that day.

:D

wizardwatson
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
The Straw Poll

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m344/RockEnds/Straw%20Poll/2007_0811001.jpg

More of my signs!!

:D :D

wizardwatson
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
More of my signs!!

:D :D

This was always my favorite...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistedlens/562560700/

MikeStanart
03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/Flabbypig/RonPaulMoney.jpg?t=1236190546

Moneybombs :-)

1000-points-of-fright
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Phase 1 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-1.jpg Phase 2 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-2.jpg Phase 3 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-3.jpg

Phase 4 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-4.jpg Phase 5 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-5.jpg Phase 6 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-6.jpg

Phase 7 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-7.jpg

I remember coming home from work around 11:30pm and logging onto the forum. Lord Xar (I think) asked if there were any graphic artists who could do something with a poster he had been working on. It was already at about phase 3 or 4, but he wanted it to have an olde-timey constitution font. That's when I got the idea of just superimposing the mosaic over the constitution itself and created the phase 5. The general consensus was positive so I added text for phase 6 and that's when the ball really got rolling. Everyone else started creating their own versions with the basic background. A bunch of us stayed up for the next 8 hours hashing out the exact wording and colors and spacing. It was simultaneously exhausting, frustrating, and exhilarating. When I saw a photo of RP holding the final full size poster in his hands, I was pretty damn proud of myself. I did that. We did that.

angelatc
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Phase 7 http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/cholomite/phase-7.jpg

I remember coming home from work around 11:30pm and logging onto the forum. Lord Xar (I think) asked if there were any graphic artists who could do something with a poster he had been working on. It was already at about phase 3 or 4, but he wanted it to have an olde-timey constitution font. That's when I got the idea of just superimposing the mosaic over the constitution itself and created the phase 5. The general consensus was positive so I added text for phase 6 and that's when the ball really got rolling. Everyone else started creating their own versions with the basic background. A bunch of us stayed up for the next 8 hours hashing out the exact wording and colors and spacing. It was simultaneously exhausting, frustrating, and exhilarating. When I saw a photo of RP holding the final full size poster in his hands, I was pretty damn proud of myself. I did that. We did that.

I love that poster so much. I'd show it to people outside of the revolution, and their mouths would literally drop open because it was so awesome.

I recently watched "The Candidate" with Robert Redford, and all I could think about was what the campaign should have done. Like, invest in a television campaign.

We were very good at reaching people who already agreed with us.

UtahApocalypse
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM

I remember that night well. Probably one of my most favorite Grassroots moments!! There were quite a few people on that night, we were hashing that poster out and making it just right. We all worked together. there was no; I, Me, or Mine. We all worked together seamlessly. Then within a day we had the money to get it in the paper. The best part of all..... it cost the Campaign ZERO!! That really strikes me as a metaphor of free market enterprise.

1000-points-of-fright
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
We all worked together. there was no; I, Me, or Mine. We all worked together seamlessly. Then within a day we had the money to get it in the paper. The best part of all..... it cost the Campaign ZERO!! That really strikes me as a metaphor of free market enterprise.

We did work together but I wouldn't say it was entirely seamless. There were some pretty heated arguments over wording and what policy issues should be added or left out. But in the end the final product was really good and I don't think anybody was unhappy with it.

haaaylee
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
what about the BLIMP!? just kidding. that is probably bad memories.

I was thinking the other day about how exciting the money bombs days were. And the Tea Party rally we had here in Austin. Might be my favorite memory ever. Also, this ad getting in the USA Today was pretty sweet. It took me forever to find a copy in the airport.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/pix4/RonPaulAd1.jpg

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM

woot! that was one fine piece of work.

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
We did work together but I wouldn't say it was entirely seamless. There were some pretty heated arguments over wording and what policy issues should be added or left out. But in the end the final product was really good and I don't think anybody was unhappy with it.

just like the Constitution!

free people, in pursuit of enlightened self interest, follow similar paths - toward SUCCESS and HAPPINESS!

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
nayjevin, my impulsive desire to pimp the free state project requires me to suggest that you check out moving to where the non-couch potato libertarians are all moving to. We're sucking all the best activists away from other states so you best join us :p

+1 fsp ftw

tremendoustie
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM

I was thinking the other day about how exciting the money bombs days were. And the Tea Party rally we had here in Austin. Might be my favorite memory ever. Also, this ad getting in the USA Today was pretty sweet. It took me forever to find a copy in the airport.

I remember discussing whether jefferson should be looking forward or not, and whether it should be "you" or "we" :)

And the blimp was cool, I still think it was a success overall, not for the direct advertising impact, but for the pr.

Stary Hickory
03-04-2009, 01:40 PM
If Ron Paul runs again it can be that way again only much bigger. Or maybe we will have a Ron Paul type to pull behind. I certainly hope so. I missed the first party.

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Luv ya, but it was me who came up with the idea to use the Constitution as the backdrop. Lord Xar will back me up on that. You however, were the one who actually did the first mock-ups and you did a great job. But, as I recall, you weren't around, so Lord Xar had to go elsewhere to find someone to do the final.

Lord Xar's the one who deserves the praise. Without him starting a PAC, facilitating all the brainstorming, deciding what text was actually going to go on the final and taking responsibility for finding someone to do the final copy and print, it would never have happened. He also developed another 1/2 page color newspaper ad that went in several Iowa newspapers and a radio spot (with several helpers) that ran in Iowa before the straw poll.

hopeforamerica
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM

LOL! That is my husband trying to drive up the snowy hill in a rental car! It was cold and snowy the whole time! He is also the one that sinks to his butt in snow! Damn, we worked so hard and it consumed our lives. My daughter got very weary of her parents being gone and busy.

hopeforamerica
03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Painting the town Ron in Phoenix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqO40YKxP8

Damn we were good!

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
If Ron Paul runs again it can be that way again only much bigger. Or maybe we will have a Ron Paul type to pull behind. I certainly hope so. I missed the first party.

totally -- if a Ron for Prez situation comes again, it will be bigger. Honestly, there are plenty of projects to keep us that busy again - it's a matter of motivation, and what everybody has in mind for priorities.

one of these days i'm gonna start at the beginning and read all my old posts and watch all the big videos and relive it.

you know what would be cool is a big projector, the best slideshow ever, and murphy's tavern. :)

hopeforamerica
03-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Marching in 100 Degree weather for Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ajyP1Kty4

Now I'm all teary!

Todd
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
How about Henninger posts.. :p

On second thought, strike that.

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
How about Henninger posts.. :p

On second thought, strike that.

You mean, Ghemminger?

Todd
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
You mean, Ghemminger?

That's the one.
Wasn't he banned and brought back to life numerous times?

ladyjade3
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
My video of the spamdrive - AND the mosaic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62G8rb4AtwQ

MsDoodahs
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, wow - the SPAM drive!

Good times...yep...yep...yep.

Thanks, Rachel!

:)

zach
03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm sensing a resurrection of the force.
something is happening.

1000-points-of-fright
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Luv ya, but it was me who came up with the idea to use the Constitution as the backdrop. Lord Xar will back me up on that. You however, were the one who actually did the first mock-ups and you did a great job.

I stand corrected. Perhaps I misunderstood the original idea as it was given to me. I thought it he just wanted the text of the constitution as opposed to an actual picture of the constitution.

But, as I recall, you weren't around, so Lord Xar had to go elsewhere to find someone to do the final.

Yeah, as it got refined over time, I was confident that the final version would be good. It was in good hands and enough photoshoppers had jumped on board, so I went to sleep.

Lord Xar's the one who deserves the praise. Without him starting a PAC, facilitating all the brainstorming, deciding what text was actually going to go on the final and taking responsibility for finding someone to do the final copy and print, it would never have happened. He also developed another 1/2 page color newspaper ad that went in several Iowa newspapers and a radio spot (with several helpers) that ran in Iowa before the straw poll.

Agreed. Lord Xar is the man.

Feenix566
03-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Right now we're an army between wars. I agree that the next Paul for Prez campaign will be bigger.

MikeStanart
03-04-2009, 03:26 PM

I have this on my wall. I need to get it laminated.

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:37 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1370/1449985644_89daa50863_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2215/2116452593_88fbefbecd_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2203/2116453149_3aa60b7089_o.png

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/2117232584_654df32a83_b.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2117232434_0bcb3c66fe_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2161/2116453309_f5cce0df6e_o.png

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2117233514_e1024b28eb_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2117233726_edf16fef70_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2265/2126157274_0902689cf9_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2859069119_4184964db8_b.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/2872684975_bbf63be4cf_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:45 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3210/2934945282_aeda09559f_b.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 03:45 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3001/2932518280_fa24bb8170_o.jpg

UtahApocalypse
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM

just like the Constitution!

Heated, Constructive Debate. :)

kathy88
03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Torchbearer that photo is beautiful. I just saved it as my wallpaper. Thanks for posting it.

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Torchbearer that photo is beautiful. I just saved it as my wallpaper. Thanks for posting it.

I wish I had captured more of the photos...

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2117235286_05b9586f96_b.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2873514034_8e9f134e4d_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2873514178_f1d1d8ae3f_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2872684761_f0455353a5_o.jpg

torchbearer
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2873514426_d2c8b2254f_o.jpg

mrchubbs
03-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I created this video as a tribute to the RP grassroots effort back in Jan 2008. I still re-watch it when I'm feeling nostalgic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmarZRKR4

Enjoy.

Mani
03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I remember someone mentioned the idea of an airplane banner ad I think in June of '07 (I had been a lurker for a couple months prior to joining).

A couple people locally called around but weren't able to get an ad for a reasonable price or it fell through, but I started calling on my own and found a place available for the fourth of July.

So I shouted out to my RP brothers and sisters on this forum and I start getting my paypal account filled with some people donating and a bunch of locals threw down some cash to actually do this thing.

Unbelievable.

It was the first RP Airplane ad, and while it wasn't the best since it was a bit rainy and cloudy, it was so worth it considering the idea was copied many times over!

Who knew a year later we'd have a RP BLIMP!

I'm not taking credit for the idea of AIR ads because I can't remember who wondered aloud about the idea, but like many of you said, it was so exciting to see people moving towards a common cause and the spontaneous creativity of ideas. Ideas that had never been done before and yet being able to overcome the obstacles of resources and time, and having it come to fruition.

It was an exciting time.

Prior to that, I remember going to a Marlins game with 20-30 people (one of the first meetups) and almost getting tossed out for the Ron Paul for President signs we kept holding up, hoping to get his name on TV.

I actually found the thread! Good history keeping!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2955&highlight=airplane+banner

nayjevin
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Prior to that, I remember going to a Marlins game with 20-30 people (one of the first meetups) and almost getting tossed out for the Ron Paul for President signs we kept holding up, hoping to get his name on TV.

I remember that! seems like 10 years ago....

great pictures torch, thanks!

LibertyEagle
03-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Great pics, Torch. Thanks. :)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
In the spirit of playing nice in light of my harsh comments on a recent departure I will take a moment to focus purely on the old joy that could be found in the forums.

The difference between then and now is then we lived and breathed hope every minute of every day. Dr. Paul was the cure for apathy.

You tube of my meetup's Tea Party(i am kneeling left of boxes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWLmpIuG7v4

The forums back then was where we expressed our interactions with the real world to each other. We all found hope in Ron Paul. We believed in him. We supported him. When someone said Ron Paul did not have a chance it fueled us. Defeat was not an option.

There were many ideas, inspiration, and motivation to be found on the forum. We literally created magic. The liberty fire was rekindled.

Who remembers the excitement of the December 16? That was exciting. We crashed the web. What about when Ron Paul got on the conference call that was simulcast? OMG we crashed the internet then too.

If you would like to relive the excitement check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDqneN4weE

or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_OwTthS-E

Just sit back and rip the knobs off!

or this one of the Austin, TX tea party march:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGS12EoZUE

Losing was a devastating blow. We must renew our hope.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM

Oh, I so loved that ad.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2113/2181981900_c72f995cdf.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2017/1544055069_1838489e24.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/1677945850_6fd6eff2fb.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/1694743369_cda814bdcf.jpg

..The good 'Ol days:)

in case you were wondering... yes, I did take the "RED" pill.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2246155421_5c248cb966.jpg

Truckin Mike was inspiration for creative signage :)

CasualApathy
03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
thanks, casualApathy!

Oh, I had forgotten about this thread. Thanks for reminding me once again.:)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
fuf :eek:

aravoth
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
this thread nearly brought a tear to my eye.............

aravoth
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I remember after the first debate, I made a video. I was looking at the comments section and I think it was Cujokitten posted something about this place as a "new grassroots coordinating site". I came over and signed up. After the debate in which Ron schooled Gouliani about the history of US interventionism Saul Ana-douche-nozzle tried to keep him out of the debates. We blew that guys phone up. Probably ran all of his faxes out of paper also. It was like we all had said "don't tread on me", and we meant it. I hope we all can find that again.

speciallyblend
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I remember after the first debate, I made a video. I was looking at the comments section and I think it was Cujokitten posted something about this place as a "new grassroots coordinating site". I came over and signed up. After the debate in which Ron schooled Gouliani about the history of US interventionism Saul Ana-douche-nozzle tried to keep him out of the debates. We blew that guys phone up. Probably ran all of his faxes out of paper also. It was like we all had said "don't tread on me", and we meant it. I hope we all can find that again.

we found it and it will be launching soon. you and clay should talk. we need you aravoth:) BIG PLANS ARE COMING:)

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
And who can forget all of the Ron Paul songs. I always loved Aimee Allen's song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCKMTo210k&feature=channel_page

It brought down the house....

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
And who can forget all of the Ron Paul songs. I always loved Aimee Allen's song:

I kinda like her in cuffs. Is that bad?

ItsTime
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Darn Im trying to think of that one anti-war video that made me choke up everytime but I can not think of it!

FrankRep
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Are you all building a strong local strong infrastructure to win local and national elections?

Here's what we're doing in Ohio.

Ohio Freedom Alliance
http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/

Mani
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Your videos were priceless...

They were excellent forms of communication and exposing people to Ron Paul for the first time...I got some friends and family into Ron Paul and those videos were the perfect intro. And they forwarded on those videos. I remember my brother called me out of the blue one day asking me to forward him the RP videos you made...I had been after him for a while and it started to sink in..Then he wanted to pass it on to some friends and coworkers...

Was Saul the Michigan guy? Because I remember we email, phone, fax blasted THE HELL OUTTA THAT GUY!!!

Oh that was so outstanding. He had no idea what he ignited. He seemed to quite down after that...Let Ron Paul be heard!

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I kinda like her in cuffs. Is that bad?

not at all;) hehe

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Are you all building a strong local strong infrastructure to win local and national elections?

Here's what we're doing in Ohio.

Ohio Freedom Alliance
http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/

the plan is for a national grassroots campaign,but yes we are gonna build a Colorado coalition of republicans and others. We hope this will encourage others to build locally and state as well.

The GOP only has one option now. listen to the new brandname we are gonna sell or choose their failed brandname that no one wants!! the GOP has alienated themselves by alienating us Republicans. the coin is about to flip!!

the GOP will either listen to our message and grab it or they will only alienate themselves further.

We are gonna create a new BRANDNAME for REPUBLICANS that includes PRO-PEACE Republicans and Republican Principles, something the GOP brandname no longer has or bothers following other then doublespeak which isn't worth a dam!

if the cogop and other state gops do not pay attention to our message. then we will not have to worry about the old GOP anymore they will die off like their big gov and pro-war message!!

many republicans are not buying the gop's bs, that is why they lost the last 2 elections and they will continue to lose if they do not listen to us, catch 22 for them now;)

I FIRMLY believe the gop lost the election due to their illegal and unethical actions toward ron paul supporters aka REPUBLICANS at our state conventions. they found out we were bigger then the failed gop lead folks to think!

the gop got exactly what they deserved,BLOWBACK

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/acptulsa/98870003.jpg

R4R

Todd
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I always like what Aravoth did with the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8&feature=channel_page

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/acptulsa/98870003.jpg

R4R

i was there:) the energy was electrifying . the gop couldn't buy that type of energy even with carbon credits;)

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
i was there:) the energy was electrifying . the gop couldn't buy that type of energy even with carbon credits;)

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! :D :cool:

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahaha! :D :cool:

if they could of collected the energy at that rally . They would of been able to power our country for another 200 yrs or forever!!!!!

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
if they could of collected the energy at thatrally . They would of been able to power our country for another 200 yrs or forever!!!!!

When people here first suggested that Aimee Allen sing at the rally, I was like, 'Who?' Sure as hell glad I found out who! Now, how do we get that girl out of the recording studio purgatory they locked her into and get her exposed?!

And, no, you perverts (you know who you are), I didn't mean that kind of exposed!

Though now that I mention it...

BarryDonegan
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
us guys in nashville are too busy grabbing leadership positions and influence in the davidson county republican party to be dreaming up food drives :p

in all seriousness, though, as that was a joke, this is not an election year so it will be a little bit less in the way of activism, however, that means the opposition is in even WORSE shape, they already have political positions and no desire to campaign. this is the year to show up and take advantage of the smaller numbers at caucuses for political groups and to WIN THEIR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS.

acptulsa
03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
this is not an election year so it will be a little bit less in the way of activism, however, that means the opposition is in even WORSE shape, they already have political positions and no desire to campaign. this is the year to show up and take advantage of the smaller numbers at caucuses for political groups and to WIN THEIR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS.

Worked for us! :cool:

surf
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
i remember being part of all the banners that flew over college football games. i even had the guy who owned the banner company on our side and offering us discounts. it was beautiful to have support around Husky Stadium - lots of folks showing up to hand out slim-jims and allowing me to go tailgate with my buddies for a while. local folks even chipped in to help with the costs, and followed through on their pledges.

hey, it's not over and apathy can not be described as not handing out slim-jims or doing sign bombs in 2009. BTW - you couldn't drive around the Seattle area w/o seeing an RP sign somewhere :) All the requests sent to congress that nearly prevented TARP 1 from passing was another near highpoint in the "grassroots" movement.

"i'm getting thousands of emails and phone calls on the bank bailout, and they're about 98% "no" and 2% "hell no"" - roughly quoting someone in congress - don't remember who.

i'd describe apathy currently as not at least requesting that your congressman support RPs bills.

Trigonx
03-05-2009, 05:43 PM

its kinda sad that when Aravoth made "Don't tread of me" it has a quote in it saying our national debt figure is now approaching $9 trillion. Whereas now it is approaching $11 trillion (10,944,337,682,981.48). Just shows how deeply infected this country(government) is with the disease of debt, which has also spread to the masses.

A. Havnes
03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I miss the old days, too. You know, back when we were prepared to tar and feather (or just email and call) anyone who marginalized us, were prepared to take real grassroots action over real issues, and spread the word to everyone we met.

What we're missing right now is spirit. We complain about all the tyranny we see, but how many are writing to legislators and telling them that we won't stand for their crap, educating others, and encouraging them to do the same? We need to get the spirit back.

nayjevin
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
bump. I added my favorite quotes from this thread to the OP, mostly for myself, but just to put a bunch of inspiring stuff in one place so I know where to go if I'm feeling down.

have you hugged a ron paul supporter today :)

John of Des Moines
03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
We still are a powerful force. People have just left this forum since it was allowed to be taken over by trolls. Looking forward to the C4L forum...we shall once again kick ass and the trolls can talk amongst themselves here ;).

Yup, trolls drove me and a lot of others away.

Hey my signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that day.

:D

June 30 007 - You were the only one making small sized signs.

This was always my favorite...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twistedlens/562560700/

She's the daughter of one of the first persons to join the Des Moines meetup and he's still active in the C4L.

I like the idea of the blimp. I think if we had a blimp with an electronic message board floating over from the June 30th rally to the straw poll we'd would have gotten a half a dozen more votes. :rolleyes: A blimp over Iowa for 6 weeks with the message "Beat the Party Bosses ..." or "Beat the Corporate News Media Black-out..." would have been a double thumbs up. Sure, some candidates visit every county but a blimp floating over a county fair or other public gatherings would got people talking then and there talking RP and would have made the small local papers.

malkusm
03-05-2009, 08:09 PM

FYI, aravoth, the first time I ever heard of Ron Paul was in October 2007, when someone sent me a link to "Stop Dreaming." The friend who sent me the link had never heard of Ron Paul before watching the video, either.

Next week, me and that friend are going to the Austrian Scholars Conference at the Mises Institute over spring break.

Your videos reached a lot farther than you probably imagine; on behalf of the rest of the old "grassroots," thanks for your work. :)

speciallyblend
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM

hey the spirit is alive and kicking. We have great things happening in Colorado and we have something launching march 19th;) that should be useful to all!

aravoth
03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
FYI, aravoth, the first time I ever heard of Ron Paul was in October 2007, when someone sent me a link to "Stop Dreaming." The friend who sent me the link had never heard of Ron Paul before watching the video, either.

Next week, me and that friend are going to the Austrian Scholars Conference at the Mises Institute over spring break.

Your videos reached a lot farther than you probably imagine; on behalf of the rest of the old "grassroots," thanks for your work. :)

Thanks, after reading that my week will end on a good note, no matter what happens tomorrow.

Omphfullas Zamboni
03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks, after reading that my week will end on a good note, no matter what happens tomorrow.

Incessantly, I played your videos, during the primaries. Is there a source where we can download the Ron Paul aravoth classics? (Preferably high quality, with sound...)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

gilliganscorner
03-06-2009, 06:47 AM
The message RP carried through resonated not only in America but throughout the world.

I remember looking at the website whowouldtheworldelect.com and just was amazed. I was so interested in his campaign, I floated money to a complete American stranger to donate to his campaign. He sent me back the receipt. I am Canadian....Dr. Paul would not approve....damn entangling foreign alliances. :D

I had been reading RPs statements to congress on house.gov/paul about 2 years prior to his announcing his candidacy in the 08 election cycle. I was absolutely amazed that a congressman was saying the things he was saying and hadn't been assassinated yet. Then I realized Congress was largely empty when he spoke. The statists are quick to point out "Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!" then whispering, "as long as we control who hears it.". When I discovered he was running, I literally yelled out a big "Whooo hooo!" in the home office. My wife was thoroughly concerned...;)

The RP campaign kept me reading and reading and I continued developing down the path to discover that agorism is the correct solution to the disease of the State. :eek: As Homer would say, "Stupid logical conclusions..."

acptulsa
03-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Damn it's good to see some names I haven't seen for a while! Damned good.

Seems to me like, at the time, we were all motion no direction. Please, please keep these stories coming! We need to take this time to figure out what we did that really worked. And, yes, who can provide a library of links to avaroth videos? And if no one can, can we get our heads together and make one between us?

Now that we're catching our breath, we need to toss the weapons that didn't work as hoped, and sharpen, oil and preserve what did work. Time to build the arsenal. Our next field of battle will make the last one look like a cake walk. First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they try to usurp you and/or your message (don't guess Ghandi ran into that one). Next up--the fight.

Either that or we can coast along and fritter away all this momentum. What a waste!!

I think this is a critical time financially. I think every price and indicator is about to do crucial things, and we all need to be paying attention and doing our best to leave ourselves in a position to financially survive, and hopefully take advantage of all the opportunities an upheaval brings with. But, please, incubate in the backs of your minds thoughts of how to storm the next battle front, and what we'll need in our arsenal. And please keep spreading that message!

We've had our troll waves before. I remember getting back from Minnesota to discover the forum awash in them. Well, this too shall pass. What is more important than that is to ensure that liberty does not pass us by.

mstrmac1
03-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Tthese are still the good 'ole days

acptulsa
03-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Tthese are still the good 'ole days

Maybe better. If we can increase our effectiveness, obviously considerably better.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Someone has a thread going on the topic but I wanted to throw it in this thread as well.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=12715

The mission of the Campaign For Liberty is to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, Constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy by means of educational and political activity.

We are an activist organization, and not your monthly lunch/dinner organization.

Looking back at the mission statement, we are kicking off our first major effort to implement this mission as opposed to simply stating it....

The goal is two-fold: 1.) To introduce these individuals to the Campaign For Liberty and what we stand for, and 2.) To recruit new members and new Precinct Leaders for those who support our mission statement, and our Statement of Principles.

10,000 of these doorhangers are enough to cover 1/3rd of ALL the Republican super voters in the WHOLE county of Brevard!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tube it and flaunt it before the rest of us :)

A. Havnes
03-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Yup, trolls drove me and a lot of others away.

Ignore the trolls, is what I say. It's almost gotten to the point on these forums where everyone thinks everyone is a troll! It kind of reminds me of Salem...

Hope you're back to stay!

nayjevin
03-19-2009, 05:45 PM
many of these pictures and more at LibertyClick (http://www.libertyclick.com)'s photostream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36487321@N05/

raystone
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Ignore the trolls, is what I say. It's almost gotten to the point on these forums where everyone thinks everyone is a troll! It kind of reminds me of Salem...

Reminds me of the joke about two libertarians. Whenever they agreed on something, they both thought the other sold out.

dr. hfn
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
We are still the same people. But whats the point of those things at this moment, there is no race going on. I guess we could promote C4L and YAL

nayjevin
03-19-2009, 06:08 PM
We are still the same people. But whats the point of those things at this moment, there is no race going on. I guess we could promote C4L and YAL

Good suggestions.[/URL]

nayjevin
04-18-2009, 03:22 AM
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul at Bowling Green KY Tea Party 4-15-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVv--TAs7hE)

nayjevin
04-23-2009, 06:49 AM
bump

Bruno
04-23-2009, 07:09 AM
This thread always a great read.

can we get half their belongings for turning them in? :)

nayjevin
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
bump

nayjevin
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
blast from the past :)

Cowlesy
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Bust out the Green Day music

RonPaulwillWin
04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I remember the ticker going up 100,000 bucks in 10 minutes on the tea party money bomb. Those were the days....

MikeStanart
05-01-2010, 06:15 AM

I have this framed!

DjLoTi
05-02-2010, 09:30 AM
thanks, casualApathy!

+1

That's exactly how I felt about the early days. You explained it perfectly.

My favorite memory will be when we watched the $1 mil mark being passed on sept. 30th. Back then, I felt like all of us were together. After the money bombs, it started getting a little crazy. Maybe little is a little understatement.

I still get teary eyed sometimes when I think deeply about Ron Paul running (and of course winning) in 2012

CasualApathy
05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys, I am glad you liked my comments :)

I wrote that from the heart.

Knightskye
05-03-2010, 10:17 PM
We had something gigantic to work toward - a presidential election, and a motivational message.

What do we have now?

CatherineBleish
05-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I remember when ya'll helped us fight the MIAC in Missouri. That was huge. I had never seen anything like it... I still give the forum props in my public speeches.

Not sure if you've seen the newest project http://www.operationdefuse.com/ - working on "defusing" law enforcement if you will :)

Cat

Anti Federalist
05-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Darn Im trying to think of that one anti-war video that made me choke up everytime but I can not think of it!

Was it this one?

YouTube - Ron Paul Our Power Our Responsibility (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6SODAhbJdE)

This still brings tears to my eyes.

klamath
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I have this framed!

Besides that great ad it sure time stamped the BEGINNING of the tea party:D

Todd
07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
bump for nostalgia.....and maybe even some good ideas. ;)

Dianne
07-09-2011, 04:38 PM
My son, Buddy Rey and I were here then as well !!!! By now, we should have signs hanging from every interstate bridge in the country !!

Todd
03-30-2015, 01:40 PM
This thread needs another good bump in light of some of the bickering going on here.

That's when we were all focused on a common goal.

that's the crux of it. If this forum doesn't have that this go around, it's not the same place.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2015, 01:46 PM
This thread needs another good bump in light of some of the bickering going on here.

that's the crux of it. If this forum doesn't have that this go around, it's not the same place.
Exactly. From the variety of opinions WRT Rand, it seems there won't be the '08/'12-ish unity. :/ :(

devil21
03-30-2015, 03:20 PM

The difference is that we are a known entity now and the co-opters, trolls, shills, etc have been trying to take over RPF to limit the effectiveness. It won't be the same place if the subverters are allowed to hang around and sow dissension.

Barrex
03-30-2015, 03:53 PM
BUAHAHAHAAAA

These days I got the feeling that we are on RonPaulCouchPotatos.com.

phill4paul
03-30-2015, 04:10 PM
BUAHAHAHAAAA

These days I got the feeling that we are on RonPaulCouchPotatos.com.

We should probably move to the libertarian hotbed that is Croatia where all we have to do is spend time on the internet criticizing Americans for what they do or don't do WRT activism.

Barrex
03-30-2015, 05:19 PM
We should probably move to the libertarian hotbed that is Croatia where all we have to do is spend time on the internet criticizing Americans for what they do or don't do WRT activism.

Lolz. Why did you get butt-hurt? What does WRT means?

Well there is not one in Croatia but there is in Bosnia and Herzegovina... Anywhere outside mayor cities people are mostly not paying taxes. In 2012 entire state had 214 KM (about 100 euros) :D, because no one pays taxes...

You think sentiment of that part of nayjevins original post is wrong?

I dont think that this forum should split but I do think that there is almost no activism here...and I found that name "RonPaulCouchPotatos.com" funny... and I still think it is funny. Other part that made it funny is that my post didnt "bring any project closer to fruition"... and then you posted which made it even funnier. I will laugh at anything.

Used to be. Not anymore. I hope it will be again. Money-bomb thread doesnt look promising. Most visited and posted threads are "bestest picture ever (third part)"," what are you watching" etc...

P.s.

Give me your address and I will send you a bottle of beer as a sign of my pure intentions :rolleyes: lol... but mostly because it is illegal to send alcohol via mail. Did it few times but never across the ocean.

phill4paul
03-30-2015, 05:34 PM

Well there is not one in Croatia but there is in Bosnia and Herzegovina... Anywhere outside mayor cities people are mostly not paying taxes. In 2012 entire state had 214 KM (about 100 euros) :D, because no one pays taxes...

No butt-hurt. WRT means 'With. Regard. To.' You spend an amount of time telling us what we should or shouldn't be doing. What are you doing? In your country. Obviously you live in a libertarian utopia, or a utopia of some sort, that allows you to excoriate us according to your misconceived perceptions.
I haven't payed Federal or State tax in over 5 years. After this thread was started. I'd say that is a bit of activism.

Barrex
03-30-2015, 06:14 PM
No butt-hurt. WRT means 'With. Regard. To.' You spend an amount of time telling us what we should or shouldn't be doing. What are you doing? In your country. Obviously you live in a libertarian utopia, or a utopia of some sort, that allows you to excoriate us according to your misconceived perceptions.
I haven't payed Federal or State tax in over 5 years. After this thread was started. I'd say that is a bit of activism.

It still looks that you are butt-hurt. So only foreigners that live in libertarian utopia can say anything even remotely critical of this forum according to you? I never said I live in libertarian utopia. Your stance is that only people in US should have the right to say anything/something "negative" about this forum. Using obvious genetic logical fallacies, ad hominem and loaded questions/presumptions. Since I am on in US I must be wrong and cant say anything about this forum...pih.

"Easter for needy(poor or whatever is politically correct thing to call them these days in English)" is current project that I am working. If you are interested I can give you bank account...lol. Other than that I am working hard to be independant and self reliant . My family farm is almost 100% completed. We got mini-hydro power plant, mushrooms, vegetables, we planted almost every possible fruit that can grow in our climate. I am looking for 5-10 young Paw-paw (Indian banana) trees and some others. I got some others but what is your point? Would my posts be less truth if I didnt do any activism? If I only did activism would that make my posts automatically truthful? I didnt attacked you personally. I didnt attack anyone. You didnt payed taxes. What does that have to do with activism on this forum?

I offered my help in money-bomb thread. No one responded. Since that thread is it too disorganized and (to use nayjevins term) "potatocouchy" for me, I decided to not post in it and left it because I didnt wanted to get in a way.

You didnt responded: Do you think he was wrong to say it?

What is my misconceived perception? There is abundance of activism threads on this forum? Do you think that this place is still "pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom." (to use nayjevins words)?

I am not involved in any activism on this forum. I am pretty sure neither are you. I currently would have problem to find 5 people who are actually involved in activism on this forum. Not: doing activism somewhere else and are members here! Me, presumably you, and almost everyone else is "RonPaulPotatoCouching.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)".

Danke
03-30-2015, 06:21 PM

I dont think that this forum should split but I do think that there is almost no activism here...and I found that name "RonPaulCouchPotatos.com" funny... and I still think it is funny. Other part that made it funny is that my post didnt "bring any project closer to fruition"... and then you posted which made it even funnier. I will laugh at anything.

Used to be. Not anymore. I hope it will be again. Money-bomb thread doesnt look promising. Most visited and posted threads are "bestest picture ever (third part)"," what are you watching" etc...

P.s.

Give me your address and I will send you a bottle of beer as a sign of my pure intentions :rolleyes: lol... but mostly because it is illegal to send alcohol via mail. Did it few times but never across the ocean.

It still looks that you are butt-hurt. So only foreigners that live in libertarian utopia can say anything even remotley critical of this forum according to you? I never said I live in libertarian utopia. Using genetic logical fallacy and loaded questions/presumptions. Since I am on in US I must be wrong and cant say anything about this forum...pih.

"Easter for needy(poor or whatever is politically correct thing to call them these days in English)" is current project that I am working. If you are interested I can give you bank account...lol. Other than that family farm is almost 100% completed. We got mini-hydro power plant, mushrooms, vegetables, we planted almost every possible fruit that can grow in our climate. I am looking for 5-10 young Paw-paw (Indian banana) trees and some others. I got some others but what is your point? Would my posts be less truth if I didnt do any activism? If I only did activism would that make my posts automatically truthful? I didnt attacked you personally. I didnt attack anyone. You didnt payed taxes. What does that have to do with activism on this forum?

You are obviously irritated because someone outside US said something about this forum that you dont approve of. Your stance is that only people in US should have the right to say anything/something "negative" about this forum. I offered my help in money-bomb thread. No one responded. Since that thread is it too disorganized and (to use nayjevins term) "potatocouchy" for me, I decided to not post in it and left it because I didnt wanted to get in a way.

What is my misconceived perception? There is abundance of activism threads on this forum? Do you think that this place is still "pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom." (to use nayjevins words)?

I am not involved in any activism on this forum. I am pretty sure neither are you. I currently would have problem to find 5 people who are actually involved in activism on this forum. Not doing activism somewhere else and are members here! Me, presumably you, and almost everyone else is "RonPaulPotatoCouching.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)".

I think educating about the Federal Reserve and the true nature of the Income tax is perhaps some of the most important type of activism here.

Sadly, most don't want to follow through, but some have like phil.

I think it is great and a form of activism/ civil disobedience that so many in your land don't pay income taxes.

HVACTech
03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
I am not involved in any activism on this forum.

the mere existence of this forum IS activism.

this entire place is a thought crime in progress.

are there even any parallels? like the dailyobama... or mittromney forums?

I think it is frickin GREAT that we even have folks like yourself! it gives me much hope.
I also think that we... "locals" carry a special burden.
freedom, Liberty and justice for all. are not just mere words to me.
they are my heritage.

heck, even the French gave us a really nice statue in celebration of our effort..
(too bad nobody knows why it is there anymore.....)
but! not to worry!

this fight is NOT over.

Natural Citizen
03-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Oops. Wrong door. Heh...

phill4paul
03-30-2015, 07:16 PM
It still looks that you are butt-hurt. So only foreigners that live in libertarian utopia can say anything even remotely critical of this forum according to you? I never said I live in libertarian utopia. Your stance is that only people in US should have the right to say anything/something "negative" about this forum. Using obvious genetic logical fallacies, ad hominem and loaded questions/presumptions. Since I am on in US I must be wrong and cant say anything about this forum...pih.

"Easter for needy(poor or whatever is politically correct thing to call them these days in English)" is current project that I am working. If you are interested I can give you bank account...lol. Other than that I am working hard to be independant and self reliant . My family farm is almost 100% completed. We got mini-hydro power plant, mushrooms, vegetables, we planted almost every possible fruit that can grow in our climate. I am looking for 5-10 young Paw-paw (Indian banana) trees and some others. I got some others but what is your point? Would my posts be less truth if I didnt do any activism? If I only did activism would that make my posts automatically truthful? I didnt attacked you personally. I didnt attack anyone. You didnt payed taxes. What does that have to do with activism on this forum?

I offered my help in money-bomb thread. No one responded. Since that thread is it too disorganized and (to use nayjevins term) "potatocouchy" for me, I decided to not post in it and left it because I didnt wanted to get in a way.

I am not involved in any activism on this forum. I am pretty sure neither are you. I currently would have problem to find 5 people who are actually involved in activism on this forum. Not: doing activism somewhere else and are members here! Me, presumably you, and almost everyone else is "RonPaulPotatoCouching.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)".

You really need to get over this "butt-hurt" meme and get over yourself. You like to come and excoriate people here because you don't feel they're doing it your way to your satisfaction. Piss off. I'm a local activist myself and feed the hungry, poor. I do it through a Christian Co-op and I ain't even a Christian. Go figure.
What I don't do is tell everyone how sucky and disorganized their personal projects are and how they would be a success if they just listened to me. And if you don't think that not paying taxes is a very serious form of activism..well, I can't help you. You obviously don't know our political system and the implications/ramifications of not paying taxes in it.

osan
03-30-2015, 09:13 PM
the mere existence of this forum IS activism treason.

Made correction as needed.
-DHS, Censor's Office

I think it is frickin GREAT that we even have folks like yourself! it gives me much hope.
they are my heritage.

heck, even the French gave us a really nice statue in celebration of our effort..
but! not to worry!

this fight is NOT over.

Your discontent is noted and reported. You will be hearing from us.

HVACTech
03-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Made correction as needed.
-DHS, Censor's Office

Your discontent is noted and reported. You will be hearing from us.

FOILED AGAIN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leI7sfmipuI&feature=player_detailpage

fr33
03-30-2015, 09:29 PM

You offered your help only if someone else would take the reins and do it for you. Why don't you take the reins? Probably for the same reasons others aren't.

What was your opinion on Adam Kokesh's proposed armed march on DC?

IMO it was probably the most effective *potential activism as of yet.

Todd
03-31-2015, 06:22 AM
You know back in December 2007, I stood outside at a Gun show in 35 degree temps passing out Ron Paul Flyers and placing them on every car I could. I stood outside with guys who were atheists, and who didn't even own guns. We were all their because we had a single unified understanding of what it would mean to each of us as individuals pursuing our own ends if Ron Paul got elected.

There is always time for political debates, and they are fun and useful and part of this forum. Guilty as charged.

But not if people are going to get all butt hurt, and it is going to keep people from working with each other on significant grassroots projects when those projects arise and are needed.

I have never understood why people try to sabotage those things.

Barrex
03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
I think educating about the Federal Reserve and the true nature of the Income tax is perhaps some of the most important type of activism here.

Sadly, most don't want to follow through, but some have like phil.

I think it is great and a form of activism/ civil disobedience that so many in your land don't pay income taxes.
Question is not weather people are engaging in activism outside this forum. I never questioned that. I know that they are. I believe that phill is not paying taxes, but that is beside the point. Question is: Why is this place not:"pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom." (to use nayjevins words)?

You really need to get over this "butt-hurt" meme and get over yourself. You like to come and excoriate people here because you don't feel they're doing it your way to your satisfaction. Piss off. I'm a local activist myself and feed the hungry, poor. I do it through a Christian Co-op and I ain't even a Christian. Go figure.
What I don't do is tell everyone how sucky and disorganized their personal projects are and how they would be a success if they just listened to me. And if you don't think that not paying taxes is a very serious form of activism..well, I can't help you. You obviously don't know our political system and the implications/ramifications of not paying taxes in it.
I am not taking your insults emotionally. I will just respond in same manner: Piss off too.(funny) Calm down and read what I wrote again:
What does that have to do with activism on this forum?

Butt-hurt meme. I said what I saw. 3 pages and a month of discussing a name and a goal with only a Facebook page to show for is best we can do? I never said that my was in only way. I offered my point of view and wanted to do something. Nothing was being done and I pulled out because I like to do things or not do them. I didnt wanted to talk for a month about doing them. When I decided that I will not be part of this money-bomb I felt like I should say it so that people dont count on me if this thing ever takes off. You keep piling insults and avoid answering questions.

Yes, I understand that you can go to jail for a long time just like Peter Schiffs father for tax evasion. AGAIN:

What does that have to do with activism on this forum?
Why is this place not "pinnacle of grassroots activity - an amazing coordinating platform for talented, motivated, liberty minded people to produce effective, targeted campaigns for freedom." (to use nayjevins words) anymore?? Currently it is mostly talking... and that is fine. I enjoy talking to like-minded people (more or less:rolleyes:)but lets not pretend this is a beehive it once was.

the mere existence of this forum IS activism.

they are my heritage.

but! not to worry!

this fight is NOT over.

You offered your help only if someone else would take the reins and do it for you. Why don't you take the reins? Probably for the same reasons others aren't.

No. I offered help but needed others to join. I specifically offered to work on a list of contact informations of media outlets that would be used to send articles, press releases etc. for money-bomb. I needed team to cooperate with. Should I start collecting facebook pages info? Info for web portals? Only those in Kansas? What format my database should be? Should I use excel or address book? How will those information be "pulled" by mass mailing software (if one is used)? For those questions to be answered there needs to be a team with assignments and a discussion (obviously in my own opinion). I didnt asked that anyone takes reins and does it for me. I simply didnt see a way to do it alone.

3 pages and a month in money-bomb thread are spent discussing 1. name; 2. goal.
Results: Facebook page for money-bomb created.
I am all for fun and relaxed conversation of like-minded people, but I would hardly call it "pinnacle of grassroots activity". Again I am not pointing fingers or spitting on people. I openly said that I am currently not engaged in any activism on this forum. I simply say what I see. As an INTJ obviously I am sometimes too harsh with my observations, but I honestly didnt see this storm coming because I thought "RonPaulPotatoCouching.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)" was a funny term.... and screw you all it still is.:D
:toady:
If this forum were in physical world would it be:
a) a bar where people come in to chit-chat, show funny pictures to each others, exchange movie reviews, drink and get pointless into arguments about "RonPaulPotatoCouching.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)" and others;
or
b) war-room where strategies are being discussed and developed, where warriors are planing their next offensive, where hundrets of experts are working tirelessly on developing a new money-bomb;

I am saying currently it is more like a) than it is b).... and that is fine too. From my perspective this is reality.

What was your opinion on Adam Kokesh's proposed armed march on DC?

IMO it was probably the most effective *potential activism as of yet.
That activist effort wasnt done on this forum (sadly). Or am I mistaking?

Didnt Adam gave up on it? I believe I wrote it in one of the threads about it: I thought he and his people should go in with muskets. Because argument is often used that second amendment refers only to muskets. It would be much harder to portrait them as gun wackos. Muskets wouldnt make people tens and scared like "assault rifles" do. Muskets dont have that stigma. They are still illegal in DC and he would be still practicing civil disobedience but would prove his point much better. He would also had better chances in court than when he got in there alone with a shotgun.

Barrex
03-31-2015, 07:55 AM
(this post wasnt posted by Barrex. It is posted by some other user but because of some bug it only appears that he posted it)
A CHALLENGE:
LETS SHOW THIS STUPID FOREIGNER BARREX HOW WRONG HE IS. LETS GET 50 PEOPLE IN MONEY-BOMB THREAD. LETS START WORKING ON THIS MONEY-BOMB HARD. LET US CONTACT EVERYONE AND PUT MORE MANPOWER AND HOURS IN IT THAN IN ANY PREVIOUS MONEY-BOMB. LETS SHOW HIM HOW IT IS DONE. LETS SHOW HIM WHAT A DICK HE IS AND LETS MAKE THIS MONEY-BOMB A GREAT SUCCESS.

ONCE WE DO THAT WE CAN -REP HIM, RIDICULE HIM AND MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE MORON... that he is.

orenbus
03-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Not to go off topic, but this thread title reminded me of this:

"Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oIWi3IK3RI

Todd
07-20-2016, 01:43 PM
I was going thru some archives and the names Ghemminger and Seekliberty came up. lolz.....

didn't ol' George4title get arrested for being a turrrerst some years back?

Danke
07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Orenbus, who the fuck is that, and who made him a moderator?

oyarde
07-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Orenbus, who the $#@! is that, and who made him a moderator?
It is OK , he is bonafide .I endorsed him.

Danke
07-20-2016, 03:35 PM
It is OK , he is bonafide .I endorsed him.

Now my suspicions are even higher.