PDA

View Full Version : Illegal To Keep Rain Water In USA

yoshimaroka
09-05-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1-yS6tcOs&eurl

rbu
09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
You own nothing! Not even the air you breathe.

Conza88
09-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I want to hit something... :mad:

*SIGH*... god DAMNIT I hate the state.

Dr.3D
09-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, if I don't own the rain that falls on my roof, who ever does own it, better keep it the hell off of my roof.

Conza88
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, if I don't own the rain that falls on my roof, who ever does own it, better keep it the hell off of my roof.

Hahaha :D What if they... got a chopper; and... sucked it up? :p

Highland
09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Not yet enforceble for the average homeowner....for now.

PatriotOne
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Those two newscasters are giving me the creeps! What the hell are they smiling about? Freakin numbskulls.

PatriotOne
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
The New World Order tried to privatize Bolivia's water...I suppose as a "test case" for the future. Scary stuff.

The Cochabamba Water Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochabamba_protests_of_2000

Dr.3D
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Hahaha :D What if they... got a chopper; and... sucked it up? :p

Yeah, they seem to suck pretty well in everything else they do.

amy31416
09-05-2008, 09:01 PM
What if I'm wearing a hat with a brim? Just ridiculous.

JoshLowry
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
T Boone Pickens wants your water and land.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/columns/TimothyCarney/T_Boone_Pickens_wants_your_water.html

Emote it: http://votemotion.com/links/2800/

unconsious767
09-05-2008, 09:15 PM
http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/jack-d-ripper-from-dr-strangelove.jpg

Gen Jack D. Ripper: "Now why don't you just take it easy, Group Captain, and please make me a drink of grain alcohol and rainwater"

Group Captain Mandrake: "Do we have the water rights, Jack?"

Gen Jack D. Ripper: "Lolwut?"

---------------------------------------------

This is pretty creepy. :confused:

ChickenHawk
09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
It sounds like the law was written to deal with legitimate water rights issues and is having some unintended consequences. It looks like the state is making a good faith effort to rectify the situation. All in all it doesn't look like something to get all worked up about yet.

Dr.3D
09-05-2008, 11:07 PM
It sounds like the law was written to deal with legitimate water rights issues and is having some unintended consequences. It looks like the state is making a good faith effort to rectify the situation. All in all it doesn't look like something to get all worked up about yet.

Yes, as I understand it, the law was to prohibit the damming up of streams and rivers to keep them from flowing out onto other property and keeping the water on the owners property. It seems they have carried it to the extreme in saying you can't have a cistern on your property to catch rainwater that actually fell on your property.

What next, they say the corn in your field is taking up too much rainwater and thus you need water rights to grow corn?

NaT805
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM

:D

moostraks
09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Yes, as I understand it, the law was to prohibit the damming up of streams and rivers to keep them from flowing out onto other property and keeping the water on the owners property. It seems they have carried it to the extreme in saying you can't have a cistern on your property to catch rainwater that actually fell on your property.

What next, they say the corn in your field is taking up too much rainwater and thus you need water rights to grow corn?

Ummm....considering how petty they were getting in Georgia with some of the MIPS(most important people) that run politics there I would not be surprised. Give it one more year of drought there.

acptulsa
09-06-2008, 08:09 AM
And people wonder why I refuse to pay more for a bottle of water than for a cup of soft drink. The whole principle of water becoming that valuable pissed me off. I saw it as a harbinger of the world turning into the planet Arrakis from Dune.

Now look at these greedy, inevitable, completely unscrupulous bastards...

tmosley
09-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Those laws are controlled by the states. In most states in the Southwest, you are free to catch any rainwater from your property so long as you do it either before it hits the ground or before it reaches an established waterway (like a stream) which is legally defined.

I took a class on Water Conservation in the Southwest a few years ago. It was very informative.

Don't plan on moving to any large city in the southwest (outside of California) if you plan on staying there more than 50 years unless you have a rainwater catchment system. The water from the aquifers is going to run out.

jclay2
09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
After watching that video I really wanted to punch that dumb beurocrat in the face. What a moron. How on earth does that guy think rainwater needs to be regulated. I think we've just hit a new low. For anyone thinking of putting solar pannels on your house, you might want to consider that the solar rays our not yours! Seriously anyone trying to be resourceful and self relient is held back. What gives!

flpr86
09-14-2008, 07:13 PM
That's interesting since Counties in Virginia make rain barrels available for a price to residents for this very purpose.

Using rain water is generally healthier for plants than city water...city water with it's chlorine and particularly Fluoride isn't even safe for humans much less plants. ;)

xd9fan
09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
americans just cant back the fuck off and leave other americans alone........always have to be in your shit.

land of liberty my ass

Americans have de-evolved into groups fighting other groups for the empty blessings of centralized power.......lost is individual liberty..... diginity.....and purpose.

flpr86
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Sounds like they've seen "Total Recall" too many times and forgot that in the end, the rebels won. ;)

newyearsrevolution08
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I think I saw some people trying to steal rainwater the other day, I called the cops on them as well. We don't need those greedy bastards trying to take something that isn't theirs!

You might wonder "Who's water is it then?"

well if it isn't yours then you need to wait and see who the government says it belongs to. We wait for the government to tell us everything else so why be surprised.....

we need a safety net to catch us if we fall, you realize that don't you?

We can't manage our own lives and then if we do fuck up it should be on the backs of ALL americans.

Home of the free and land of the debt ridden.

Deborah K
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
They only get away with this crap when people are apathetic and complacement and allow the lawmakers that they supposedly voted in to make these stupid ass laws. Hah, I'd like to see them TRY and stop me from collecting rainwater on my own land!! Next thing you know they're going to go after our well water!

I'm picking a fight right now with the local "code enforcer" about contradictory permit laws that my husband and I have found ourselves the victims of. It astounds me how most people are so willing to just roll over and take it. Screw that!

A. Havnes
09-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Can I stand out in the rain with my mouth open? I can see the future...

Kid: Teacher, why can't I fill my water bottle with rain?

Teacher: Because it's not your water, it's the governments. If it weren't for them, it wouldn't rain at all.

heavenlyboy34
09-18-2008, 04:54 PM
just another stupid, archaic law. If you're sneaky, they'll never notice. In this state, cohabitation is illegal! I think sodomy is too. But no one takes those old laws seriously, so they just collect dust and go unenforced.

edit: people around here once tried to make it illegal to keep standing water (fear of mosquitos spreading such-and-such disease), but I see it done anyways. Fuck the gov'ment!

rwbris18
09-24-2008, 09:54 AM
That's interesting since Counties in Virginia make rain barrels available for a price to residents for this very purpose.

Using rain water is generally healthier for plants than city water...city water with it's chlorine and particularly Fluoride isn't even safe for humans much less plants. ;)

We are encouraged to use a rainwater collection system in Austin Texas since 2006. I've seen 1200 gallon tanks along side the houses.

xd9fan
09-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Illegal To Keep Rain Water In USA
fuck them...

TheEvilDetector
09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Can I stand out in the rain with my mouth open? I can see the future...

Kid: Teacher, why can't I fill my water bottle with rain?

Teacher: Because it's not your water, it's the governments. If it weren't for them, it wouldn't rain at all.

Eventually the government will wise up and remove 30% of the water and let you keep 70% of the water.

RoyalShock
10-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Just last month our town, of which I am a councilman, had to pass an emergency water ordinance to comply with state regs. We were presented with a standard, boiler-plate ordinance provided by our state's league of municipalities. In it was language that allowed us, subject to approval from other state agencies, to include private water wells (which are completely isolated from the city water system) in an emergency declaration.

FWIW, I did succeed in having the language removed prior to adoption. But the fact that it was even part of a standard ordinance that I'm sure many other towns and cities probably passed without discussion, is sad.

silverhawks
10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Just last month our town, of which I am a councilman, had to pass an emergency water ordinance to comply with state regs. We were presented with a standard, boiler-plate ordinance provided by our state's league of municipalities. In it was language that allowed us, subject to approval from other state agencies, to include private water wells (which are completely isolated from the city water system) in an emergency declaration.

FWIW, I did succeed in having the language removed prior to adoption. But the fact that it was even part of a standard ordinance that I'm sure many other towns and cities probably passed without discussion, is sad.

In my experience if I was a state or local council official, I wouldn't want to go to the people with private water wells - especially in rural areas - and tell them that the Man was taking it away for "the greater good".

If you walked away at all, you'd likely do it with a pound of buckshot in your ass. :P

And kudos for getting that crap removed. If only we had enough politicians doing that at state and federal levels.

Mini-Me
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM

This makes sense. The legislators were probably originally trying to sort out the property rights for flowing resources to make sure someone didn't screw people downstream by polluting flowing water or damming it up and holding downstream properties' water supply hostage.
...then, not realizing the idiocy of their wording, legislators passed stupid laws without any foresight.

That said, I can definitely imagine the federal government passing this law nationwide, specifically to force people to be dependent on "the system." It sounds like something they would do.

ihsv
10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
vid is gone

Reason
10-22-2008, 12:47 AM
"This video has been removed by the user." :(

smartguy911
10-22-2008, 01:31 AM
video is no longer on youtube. :-(

smartguy911
10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
found it on other site - http://www.myoctet.com/play.php?vid=359

nodope0695
10-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Y'know what that makes me want to do? Go buy some buckets and put them out on my deck to collect rain water....fuck 'em.:mad: