PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts delegate asks for your patience

Sematary
09-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I spoke to a member of the Mass. delegates (he was an alternate) to try and make some sense of what had happened. I can tell you now that this gentleman is a great patriot and a solid Ron Paul supporter. He was the architect of the Boston Tea Party and has never let me, or this movement down. He said that he has a real story to tell, and tell it he will but he is on his way back from Minnesota as we speak and he is asking for patience.
I told him that people were pissed, and he said he doesn't blame them.
I have a feeling that there is ALOT to this story - alot more than "they asked, we said yes and then went to a RATM concert".
So please, reserve judgment and give them some time to explain their actions.

SLSteven
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
They deserve the benefit of the doubt.

ruggedindividualist
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope you're right, but I really don't know what they could have gotten that was worth this sell-out. Don't they see what kind of people these are?? What makes them think they are going to abide by any backroom deals they cut? They are dealing with sharks and thugs, these people will knife them the first chance they get for daring to get in their way. The only thing these delegates had was their votes and McCain wanted them BAD. So they handed them OVER??? So it would be UNANIMOUS?? I don't care if it was just one "abstain". Ron Paul votes by himself all the time.
I cannot believe this.

Jeremy
09-05-2008, 06:35 PM
ratm = commies

ruggedindividualist
09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

They were sent to represent Ron Paul, they knew they would be a minority. They voted McCain, the RINO, the ridiculer and taunter of Dr. Paul. Something makes this right???

Sematary
09-05-2008, 06:46 PM
They were sent to represent Ron Paul, they knew they would be a minority. They voted McCain, the RINO, the ridiculer and taunter of Dr. Paul. Something makes this right???

He is just asking for your patience. Nothing more, nothing less. I truly got the feeling that he was a part of the delegation which fought this tooth and nail.

KenInMontiMN
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
If they're our own and like-minded patriots, definitely hear them out and we need all of those we can get even if it turns out that we still disagree with their choice and feel it was a mistake.

Remember these delegates went to great expense to be that, and found themselves in a no-win situation once seated. Whether they ended up making a choice you or I can agree with, you & I weren't in their situation. I was offered an almost-certain national delegate position in my congressional district (we sent 5 of 6 RP del./alt's to nats) but deferred voluntarily in favor of candidates with much lengthier GOP history of party involvement. These MA/NV delegates went the distance on their own considerable expense and found themselves, in the end, in the difficult position where voting Paul wasn't an option on the table due to oppressive state rules. I posted a comment on another thread but when push comes to shove I can't be too judgmental or say much 'cause I wasn't there shoulder to shoulder with them in the excel center when I could have been.

So yeah, let's hear them out and we may find that whether we wish another choice may have been made or not, we may also find that we develop an appreciation for the fact that we weren't there in those shoes spending lots of time and money to experience lots of frustration.

We've nothing to gain from alienating our own. I was mad at first but now I just want to hear what they had to endure.

Feelgood
09-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I have been trying to figure out for some time how McInsane was able to win in the first round, when so many have been saying all along he doesnt have the numbers to win in the first round. After that every one becomes un-pledged, blah blah blah. NOW I am beginning to see how it was achieved. The Ron Paul delegates were total sell outs! WTF?! Makes me wanna puke.

ruggedindividualist
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
If they're our own and like-minded patriots, definitely hear them out and we need all of those we can get even if it turns out that we still disagree with their choice and feel it was a mistake.

Remember these delegates went to great expense to be that, and found themselves in a no-win situation once seated. Whether they ended up making a choice you or I can agree with, you & I weren't in their situation. I was offered an almost-certain national delegate position in my congressional district (we sent 5 of 6 RP del./alt's to nats) but deferred voluntarily in favor of candidates with much lengthier GOP history of party involvement. These MA/NV delegates went the distance on their own considerable expense and found themselves, in the end, in the difficult position where voting Paul wasn't an option on the table due to oppressive state rules. I posted a comment on another thread but when push comes to shove I can't be too judgmental or say much 'cause I wasn't there shoulder to shoulder with them in the excel center when I could have been.

So yeah, let's hear them out and we may find that whether we wish another choice may have been made or not, we may also find that we develop an appreciation for the fact that we weren't there in those shoes spending lots of time and money to experience lots of frustration.

We've nothing to gain from alienating our own. I was mad at first but now I just want to hear what they had to endure.

Oh, I am eager to hear the justification for this embarrassment. If they weren't up for the time, money, frustration, and ill treatment from the party machine they shouldn't have run. It looks like they may as well not have, at least as Ron Paul delegates. What was the whole point?? If these people WERE genuine, they threw it all away to rubber stamp the goons.

Highland
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
bump

Sematary
09-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, I am eager to hear the justification for this embarrassment. If they weren't up for the time, money, frustration, and ill treatment from the party machine they shouldn't have run. It looks like they may as well not have, at least as Ron Paul delegates. What was the whole point?? If these people WERE genuine, they threw it all away to rubber stamp the goons.

I'm as angry as any of you but I want to hear the story. We've seen the tactics the GOP used against them - shadowing them with Secret Service, harassing them, violating their right to speak out on behalf of their candidate, shutting off mikes and giving them two options - McCain or abstain. I dare say that at the least it was a terrifying and disappointing experience. None of us can place ourselves in their shoes and since I know this particular delegate personally, I have no doubt that there was a really good reason for their decision.

jrskblx125
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Im sure these delegates didnt go to st paul on their own check to sell out.... as a massachusetts ron paul supporter i say judge slowly... i cant imagine driving there knowing i were to vote for mccain... wait for his story and dont be quick to assume hes an asshole... thanks