PDA

View Full Version : In order to advance the cause of Liberty forever!

GunnyFreedom
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
To all beings present:

Please hear me here, everyone. I want you to do your own thing. I want us both to go forward in the cause of Liberty as friends. If the C4L is not your thing, I don't think that should matter.

All I ask is, don't tear me down, and I won't tear you down.

Why can't both of us build?

I think that should be the defining question of our movement to ALL of us: What are we each building, to advance the cause of Liberty?

The 'Libertarian movement' likes to hack at their own roots against anything "impure" to the movement, as if their presence would somehow pollute freedom. "I am more Libertarian than you!"

This should not be a contest. We should ALL build our own structures for the advance of Liberty as we each are led, each being sovereign citizens, and free. The electorate and the public at large will fill those structures as they are invited. There is room for more than one building in Washington.

I sincerely want for all of us to continue to advance Liberty according to our own motives, and acknowledging that, continue to work together to pursue the common goal.

But let's end the destruction here. Let's end the divisiveness here. We have a light to champion, and no place to hold our own wars in this dark age.

Kalifornia
09-05-2008, 06:01 PM
To all beings present:

Please hear me here, everyone. I want you to do your own thing. I want us both to go forward in the cause of Liberty as friends. If the C4L is not your thing, I don't think that should matter.

All I ask is, don't tear me down, and I won't tear you down.

Why can't both of us build?

I think that should be the defining question of our movement to ALL of us: What are we each building, to advance the cause of Liberty?

The 'Libertarian movement' likes to hack at their own roots against anything "impure" to the movement, as if their presence would somehow pollute freedom. "I am more Libertarian than you!"

This should not be a contest. We should ALL build our own structures for the advance of Liberty as we each are led, each being sovereign citizens, and free. The electorate and the public at large will fill those structures as they are invited. There is room for more than one building in Washington.

I sincerely want for all of us to continue to advance Liberty according to our own motives, and acknowledging that, continue to work together to pursue the common goal.

But let's end the destruction here. Let's end the divisiveness here. We have a light to champion, and no place to hold our own wars in this dark age.

Uh, gunny... you been drinking malt liquor again? If not, why all the drama?

GunnyFreedom
09-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Uh, gunny... you been drinking malt liquor again? If not, why all the drama?

Hmm. I guess in real politic talk it would be called consensus building; but in the real world there are libertarians trying to eat their young.

GunnyFreedom
09-05-2008, 06:27 PM
By the way, the Rally ROCKED! 8-)

torchbearer
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM
It was great to meet ya gunny!

GunnyFreedom
09-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Enjoyed every minute of it, and the pleasure was mine. I think the C4L would be well to do more such events, and maybe even full political conventions, where the grassroots themselves are putting their ideas into the marketplace.

Conza88
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Well said, well said. :)

I'm doing what I can with another Ron Paul supporter to bring the movement together here in Aus. Ron Paul allowed us to find eachother... time to keep on moving :D

GunnyFreedom
09-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Hear here!

kaleidoscope eyes
09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Gunny, well put sir.
If only it could work out that way. sigh