PDA

View Full Version : RNC 'Big Brother' Harasses Nevada Ron Paul Delegates

NeoRon
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Is this what we can expect under a McCain administration?

http://www.knpr.org/audio2008/mp3/080904_c-bunce.mp3

ruggedindividualist
09-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Harrass and belittle people, be insulting to their leaders and THEY WILL VOTE FOR YOU.

lynnf
09-05-2008, 07:52 PM

are you kidding? wait until he has total power, if he wins. will Obama be any better if he gets the power that Bush/Clinton/Bush has set up for the office?

lynn

surf
09-05-2008, 08:10 PM
did he just say that non-credentialed kids voted? (9:07)

NeoRon
09-06-2008, 02:45 AM

No, but they were told by the Nevada delegation coordinator that they had two choices -- vote for McCain or abstain.

A total lie -- just like the last eight years.

freelance
09-06-2008, 02:50 AM

I'm not sure that they voted, because the votes were already "set," but they filled the seats. Kinda makes you wonder how many of the people on the floor were "rent-a-delegates?"

NeoRon
09-06-2008, 03:05 AM
In case anyone missed it, this is what Ron Paul supporters in Nevada were up against even before the APPOINTED delegates arrived in Minneapolis:

RNC Panel Calls Nevada GOP 'Inept'
By KATHLEEN HENNESSEY, Associated Press

LAS VEGAS - A key Republican committee says it is troubled by the "ineptness" of the Nevada GOP and called the state party's attempt to choose delegates for next week's national convention "flawed, inadequate and unacceptable."

A ruling from the Republican National Committee panel said the state party violated rules when it appointed, rather than elected, its group of 34 delegates and 31 alternates, according to a report obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday.

The RNC Committee on Contests was asked to review the delegates by a group of supporters of Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, who argued they were shut out of the delegate selection process. The Paul backers elected a separate delegation to the convention in St. Paul, Minn., which also was rejected by the RNC panel.

The committee recommended a compromise list of delegates, which needs approval of the RNC credentials committee. The compromise list included at least four backers of Paul, a former presidential candidate who inched out McCain for second place in Nevada's January Republican presidential caucuses.

State and national party officials continued to haggle over that list Thursday.

The Committee on Contests wrote that it "rejects any process to select delegates and alternate delegates that restricts party grass-roots activists from participating in that process, as appears to be the case here."

Zachary Moyle, the state party's executive director, did not respond to a request for comment.

Wayne Terhune, a leading Ron Paul supporter, said the committee continued to "disenfranchise every voter in Nevada."

"It's tyranny. They're not a party of laws and rules," Terhune said by phone from St. Paul, where he plans to attend an alternate convention organized by Paul's Campaign for Liberty organization.

Nevada's dueling delegation dispute began when Paul supporters were poised to win delegates at a state party convention in Reno in April. The party abruptly shut down the convention and later attempts to reconvene failed because it could not get enough Republicans to attend.

Meanwhile, the Paul supporters held a rogue convention in June and named their own delegation.

The RNC committee ruled that the June convention was unauthorized. "Only a state party has the authority to convene a state convention," the committee wrote.

Press release from Wayne Terhune:

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RNC Labels NV Party “Inept,” but Seats Most of State Appointed Delegation

MINNEAPOLIS, 8/28/08 – The RNC’s Committtee on Contests handed down a recommendation yesterday regarding the ongoing Nevada delegate debacle. The Committee condemned the State Party’s handling of the delegate selection process, and declined the State Party’s ability to appoint delegates. However, the Committee then recommended seating the majority of the State Party’s appointed slate, as well as six delegates elected in CD 1 and CD 3 at the April 26th State Convention.

“We definitely do not consider this a just resolution,” said Wayne Terhune, a Nevada Republican activist who traveled to Minneapolis to support the appeal. “Despite some strong language from the Committee, their actions have backed up the illegal delegate appointment of the State Party.”

The Committee on Contests held a hearing on Sunday, August 24th when they heard statements from both sides. The Committee’s statement released on Wednesday called the Nevada GOP’s handling of the delegate selection process “flawed, inadequate, and unacceptable,” adding that they were “deeply troubled by the ineptness of the State Party in conducting its process to elect delegates […].”

“This game seems to have been fixed from the start,” Terhune said. “It was obvious to everyone at the Committee’s hearing that the State Party was inept, but the Committtee decided to back them up anyway and seat the majority of their slate. This is a miscarriage of justice, and smacks of tyranny. All the Republican voters of Nevada have been disenfranchised. ”

pauletteNV
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
NeoRon
I, for one, would like to see those "inept" (definition: Corrupt, imo) people asked to step down. The fact that Sue Lowden could stand there in front of the country as our NV representative after announcing she is a "hockey mom"...my foot, she's a gaming magnate...and say with an obviously smirk "unanimous" is astounding and disgusting to me. Unless I see their true Constitutional colors, I will not place one vote for a Republican, incumbant or otherwise, in this state. Backing corrupt players because it is the way the game is played only perpetuates the game which is endangering our country and Constitution. How can one be a "part" thief. Out, I say.........out!

freelance
09-06-2008, 08:16 AM
NeoRon
I, for one, would like to see those "inept" (definition: Corrupt, imo) people asked to step down. The fact that Sue Lowden could stand there in front of the country as our NV representative after announcing she is a "hockey mom"...my foot, she's a gaming magnate...and say with an obviously smirk "unanimous" is astounding and disgusting to me. Unless I see their true Constitutional colors, I will not place one vote for a Republican, incumbant or otherwise, in this state. Backing corrupt players because it is the way the game is played only perpetuates the game which is endangering our country and Constitution. How can one be a "part" thief. Out, I say.........out!

The same way one can be a little bit pregnant.

AdamT
09-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone know how to get a hold of Carl Bunce?

Crickett
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM

The thing that gets me is that the RP delegates were duly elected BY THE PEOPLE. Many came from states in which RP placed quite high in the elections, some perhaps higher than John Mc. This was also against the entire group of people that they represented. NOT TO MENTION RP's district. Ron won his district with over 70% of the vote. This means that treating him NOT the same way the other Congressmen were treated was a HUGE slight to the people in his district, as well as he himself. It is a horrid thing...

NeoRon
09-06-2008, 10:44 PM
The thing that gets me is that the RP delegates were duly elected BY THE PEOPLE. Many came from states in which RP placed quite high in the elections, some perhaps higher than John Mc.

Nevada was one of them. Ron Paul placed second to Romney in the NV caucus, but except for the four Ron Paul delegates that were elected before state GOP leaders illegally recessed the convention, Nevada's delegates were APPOINTED.

Anyone know how to get a hold of Carl Bunce?

Try here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-Bunce/30830281952

NeoRon
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Bump to expose the corruption of the Nevada GOP.

Mortikhi
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
<signature>

Cap'n Jack
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Locals like Wayne Terhune weren't really diggin' on Carla's original excuse... No wonder he decided to play it up a little for the KNPR interview (http://www.knpr.org/son/archive/detail.cfm?ProgramID=1412)

Unfortunately, no one else in the delegation was able to corroborate any of his story -- Well, except for the little altercation over seating arrangements.

Far from 30 security guards showing up, Bernie Zadrowski called Chris Dyer an "asshole" and told him to sit in his assigned seat. That was the end of that.

Here's Chris surrounded by the big bullies

http://media.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2008/09/06/scaled.0905_met_repubs03_t651.jpg?f88c8649bbadbb80 5ebb7b1c2020cc5b10765421

Don't think I'd wanna mess with that crowd either.

Found elsewhere...

What’s Carl’s real complaint? “We couldn’t even have fun with each other. No one talked to me.”

Come on. Really? The people you’ve been badmouthing and slandering for the last four months wouldn’t talk to you. Gee whiz.

When I heard him say, “We do not understand why we’re being treated this way,” I damn near laughed out loud.

This guy’s really out of touch.

“I feared to even vote for Ron Paul?” Please.

Right after the roll call vote, Bunce sent out an email saying, “We gave the NV GOP their 34 delegates. Nick Vanderpool (Delegate Organizer) earned our votes or I should say our absense of principles because he talked to us like an adult and not like a spoiled child stomping his feet.”

As you can imagine, the response from other Ron Paul supporters here at home or who were in the gallery at the convention was immediate and not at all friendly.

This radio interview Bunce gave is a sad attempt to spin what happened so he doesn’t look like a complete azzhat.

He made a bad choice, and now he wants to paint it like he’s the victim (http://www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brainwashing11.html). I’m just not buying it.

From yesterday's Las Vegas Sun (http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/sep/07/paul-backers-give-graciously/)

“Dyer said he and Bunce, who ran recently failed in congressional primary elections, want to run for office again. So they had motivation to play nice.

“When the roll call vote came, Bunce and Dyer forfeited their seats so two McCain supporters could fill the slots.

“Not all of Paul’s supporters are pleased. Wayne Terhune, the Sparks dentist who had helped lead the fight, said ‘they should have at least abstained’

“As party Chairwoman Sue Lowden announced Nevada’s 34 unanimous votes for McCain, Bunce and Dyer were at a concert a few blocks away.

“They were listening to Rage Against the Machine, the 1990s rock band that once offered a soundtrack for a generation of politically disaffected young fans.”

That's right, friends.

Four months of fighting. Four months of "no surrender," and when the vote went down, Chris and Carl had already left the building.

pauletteNV
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Oh is that "him" in the red jacket? All I see is a grimmed faced Sue Lowden. Guess this was taken before her hockey mom, smirky "unanimous" vote. Sure wish she would do the noble thing and save the NV GOP further embarassment by stepping down from her post after her poor handling of the convention as evidenced by the Contest committees' "inept" finding. Ditto Bob Beers.