PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, back at the ranch

Mrs. Farmer
09-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Its so lonely out here without our throngs of Ronstockers:( All that remains are a stack of Ron Paul signs and beef. It is a ghost town. You'd think it would be a relief to have 80+ guests leave, but we really miss you guys! We miss walking down to our barley field and sitting around the campfire drinking good Colorado beer (compliments of Speciallyblend) with good people. It was like being in Cheers.

I feel like I had more good conversations with people this past weekend than I have had all year. That is a good sign that the crowd we met, not just the Ronstockers, but everyone at the various RP related events (except for that freaky dude at the parade) have a shared purpose. We all play a part in this revolution.

It is so awesome to experience all you strangers buddy up for rides, setting up WiFi, collecting wood, planting RP signs and grilling out together, and hugging and hiding tears when it was time to go home. The rapport was instant. What a great community, I feel honored to be a part of it!

A big huge THANKS! to all of you who organized the cleanup, the farm doesn't look as if it were overrun by campers.

I can't wait for Ronstock II, to reunite and keep our momentum strong. Hopefully the Ronstock II is in a warm state in February when we aren't milking cows. We couldn't even make it to the Rally in our own dang state because of those cows!

If anyone happens to be in the area, be sure to come say hi, and if you need a place to stay you can even have a bed. Ninja Homer, we'll be seeing you for sure!

I love you guys!
Emily

p.s.....don't laugh, I would post pictures, but I can't get past the http request! help?

torchbearer
09-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Makes me proud to hear that our supporters represent our movement well.
Thank you for your sacrifices.

berrybunches
09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Its so lonely out here without our throngs of Ronstockers:( All that remains are a stack of Ron Paul signs and beef. It is a ghost town. You'd think it would be a relief to have 80+ guests leave, but we really miss you guys! We miss walking down to our barley field and sitting around the campfire drinking good Colorado beer (compliments of Speciallyblend) with good people. It was like being in Cheers.

I feel like I had more good conversations with people this past weekend than I have had all year. That is a good sign that the crowd we met, not just the Ronstockers, but everyone at the various RP related events (except for that freaky dude at the parade) have a shared purpose. We all play a part in this revolution.

It is so awesome to experience all you strangers buddy up for rides, setting up WiFi, collecting wood, planting RP signs and grilling out together, and hugging and hiding tears when it was time to go home. The rapport was instant. What a great community, I feel honored to be a part of it!

A big huge THANKS! to all of you who organized the cleanup, the farm doesn't look as if it were overrun by campers.

I can't wait for Ronstock II, to reunite and keep our momentum strong. Hopefully the Ronstock II is in a warm state in February when we aren't milking cows. We couldn't even make it to the Rally in our own dang state because of those cows!

If anyone happens to be in the area, be sure to come say hi, and if you need a place to stay you can even have a bed. Ninja Homer, we'll be seeing you for sure!

I love you guys!
Emily

p.s.....don't laugh, I would post pictures, but I can't get past the http request! help?

You guys were just awesome. I miss the place already. I am Erin, the one that loved your dog Barkley :) I am sure you remember me, I was one of the last to leave.

I am sending you a private message on the forums that you can get to by the top right of the screen.

Ninja Homer
09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Ronstock II? I can't wait!

All the events were great, but Ronstock was the highlight for me. I could go on and on about how great it was, but I think everybody who was there already knows what I'm talking about.

I'll definitely be seeing you some time soon. The milk's going a lot quicker than I thought it would. :D

To post pictures, you have to upload them somewhere else first. I use http://imageshack.us/

Then it will give you a forum link to use that starts with [IMG] that you can just copy/paste.

Ben

muzzled dogg
09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
thanks to our hosts

RockEnds
09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you so much for a great place to stay. It felt just like home. Really, exactly like home. You guys were great.

Mrs. Farmer
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much for a great place to stay. It felt just like home. Really, exactly like home. You guys were great.

Are you still out there in the field? Do we have a stowaway?:D

Mrs. Farmer
09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks ninja, I have a shutterfly account, it may work too. Sounds like a lot of work, but it'll happen eventually!

RockEnds
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Are you still out there in the field? Do we have a stowaway?:D

:)

No. I'm just from the land of many campfires in the fields. Good people. Good times. And many thanks.

orafi
09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
You guys were just awesome. I miss the place already. I am Erin, the one that loved your dog Barkley :) I am sure you remember me, I was one of the last to leave.

I am sending you a private message on the forums that you can get to by the top right of the screen.

That wasn't her dog Barkley. That was me in a Barkley suit.

berrybunches
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
That wasn't her dog Barkley. That was me in a Barkley suit.

:eek: I feel dirty!

speciallyblend
09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Makes me proud to hear that our supporters represent our movement well.
Thank you for your sacrifices.

torchbearer, i think we would of made you proud, so much happened so fast ,even adam kokesh stopped by, we had the marc scibilia band perform both nights and omg it truly was a family reunion.... wish i had seen you there;) it went so fast....

RockEnds
09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
torchbearer, i think we would of made you proud, so much happened so fast ,even adam kokesh stopped by, we had the marc scibilia band perform both nights and omg it truly was a family reunion.... wish i had seen you there;) it went so fast....

A big thank you to you and your wife, too. It was good to meet you.

libertarian4321
09-06-2008, 12:55 AM

Its about 60-70 degrees here in San Antonio in February- we can do it here, but I need to buy a farm, first (my back yard is way too small for Ronstock 09).

Why don't the cows need to be milked in February- don't they produce milk all year?

Isaac Bickerstaff
09-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Its about 60-70 degrees here in San Antonio in February- we can do it here, but I need to buy a farm, first (my back yard is way too small for Ronstock 09).

Why don't the cows need to be milked in February- don't they produce milk all year?

They milk for 9 months of the year, and we have timed them to be "dry" at the same time. Most farmers stagger their calving times so there are always some cows to be milked.
Since we don't feed grain, the cows are under too much stress when it is cold and they are pregnant AND lactating. Plus we need some time to get away from the farm and join you guys at the rallies and things. We haven't even had a weekend off for over two years.

60 to 70 degrees sounds perfect. Private campgrounds? Organic farmers up to an hour away? Is this an idea we can play ball with?

speciallyblend
09-06-2008, 09:03 AM
They milk for 9 months of the year, and we have timed them to be "dry" at the same time. Most farmers stagger their calving times so there are always some cows to be milked.
Since we don't feed grain, the cows are under too much stress when it is cold and they are pregnant AND lactating. Plus we need some time to get away from the farm and join you guys at the rallies and things. We haven't even had a weekend off for over two years.

60 to 70 degrees sounds perfect. Private campgrounds? Organic farmers up to an hour away? Is this an idea we can play ball with?

We will do our best in trying to find those specifics;) can count colorado out in feb;)(unless your coming to ski or snowboard) igloos(people actually do this) of course i can fit as many people in my house as possible all you need is food/water and lift ticket and heaven 14,000 feet away)???hehe now summer and a raft trip and camping by hot springs is doable;) in the summer:)

Nirvikalpa
09-06-2008, 09:34 AM
We will do our best in trying to find those specifics;) can count colorado out in feb;)(unless your coming to ski or snowboard) igloos(people actually do this) of course i can fit as many people in my house as possible all you need is food/water and lift ticket and heaven 14,000 feet away)???hehe now summer and a raft trip and camping by hot springs is doable;) in the summer:)

The Outer Banks of NC (and Cape Hatteras) have tons of campgrounds (cheap, too). But I am a bit biased. :D:p

berrybunches
09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
We can stay on federal land for free. The rainbow gathering people do it all the time.

I camp on federal land myself a lot - no police bother to come back in the woods - in fact I have never even seen a park ranger in the back country.
Just a thought. Of course this would entail crapping in the woods and whatnot. Of course this would only be for the most hardcore liberty supporters!!!!

lchik
09-06-2008, 02:57 PM
first off this is Kenny (speciallyblend's wife) Laura.

I feel as though I left family behind. I so needed this. I cannot tell everyone how wonderful the weekend was. I didn't want to leave.

Thank you so much. I came home to tragic news, and bad news from my attorney. A close friend's son who graduated high school with my daughter died last weekend from a terrible accident. I just returned from his services.

Funny thing is there are all kinds of visitors up here from Minnesota. Took me back to just sitting by the fire at the farm. Thank you Paul and Emily for a wonderful visit. Thank you my new friends for showing me and the world what freedom and truth is about.

I sit here in tears as I write this...my first post...because knowing the people I met helps me realize we do have HOPE.

Laura

Mrs. Farmer
09-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I couldn't figure out how to get shutterfly pictures to work here on the forum, but motivated photos is really easy to work with.....http://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563848619227450-Ronstock08.jpghttp://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563857930403310-names.jpghttp://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563856058011628-thisguy.jpghttp://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563860423904642-freerangepeople.jpghttp://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563864052278776-blondes.jpghttp://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563865723571560-FARMDOGS.jpg

speciallyblend
09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
haha love the pics, you guys rock, gotta love cowboy bob:)

Mrs. Farmer
09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
http://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563996622952264-DosAmigas.jpg

speciallyblend
09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
working on 2 videos with pics;) hope you like when we are done.....

speciallyblend
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
i want everyone to look closely at the campfire pics and you will notice a few shining stars in our movement,they know who they are;) man this video should choke you up when it is done;)

curious if you will know who i am talking about once you view the video;)

HVACTech
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I have been holding off from posting for sometime now.....in truth it is because I am flat out overwhelmed by what I can only call the "instant Karma" we all shared...
when I consider that NONE of us were there for personel gain........that we were all essentially strangers.... that our host's were not only comfortable with, but actually enjoyed and appreciated our presense...... I feel VERY blessed that I was able to contribute in a meaningfull way to the group effort.
I do wish to apologize for not bieng more sociable and for staying in a hotel. I was physically taxed prior to leaving for Minnesota. that is why I was unprepared. I truly regret not getting to know some of you better. I think I might never get to be amongst a better group of people.

Ken

Gin
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
+1000
:cool:

You all are making me cry... even though I rode and stayed in a hotel room with total strangers...it didn't feel that way...
I know this feeling you speak of.. it's all around this movement... I felt this way in DC as well...

It is AWESOME to be a part of such a wonderful group of freedom loving people.... we are all blessed!

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Paul & Emily, your hospitality was unbelievable. Thanks so much for putting up with us! Bev and I had a great time with all of you. Kenny, thanks for putting this together. Ken & Casey, thanks for building the showers. Bev definitely appreciated that!

Mrs. Farmer
09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey Dirk,
i checked out your website-AWESOME! i will be referring many others to it, and watching some videos myself.

I am so glad that you brought the kitchen setup~everyone appreciated it, it was perfect.
I wish I could have hung out with you and Bev more. My radical Dad hopes he didn't scare anyone:)

We'll be seeing you!

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey Dirk,
i checked out your website-AWESOME! i will be referring many others to it, and watching some videos myself.

I am so glad that you brought the kitchen setup~everyone appreciated it, it was perfect.
I wish I could have hung out with you and Bev more. My radical Dad hopes he didn't scare anyone:)

We'll be seeing you!

:-) Bev said she really enjoyed talking with your dad around the campfire.

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.adventureclubsa.com/clubportal/images/clubimages/204/minnesota%20065.jpg

malkusm
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Guess I should join in the lovefest hmm?

Really enjoyed hanging with all you guys, and I'm definitely down for it next year...wherever I am :) Thanks again Paul and Emily for having us, and providing us good food....and to Kenny for organizing it, and to the others that were there early on Friday setting everything up for us. The whole thing confirmed to me that we have a lot of talented, energetic people who will continue to do great work for us all.

Maybe I can convince the parents to rent out some of our farm in MD for Ronstock 09? Hahaha....

HVACTech
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Paul & Emily, your hospitality was unbelievable. Thanks so much for putting up with us! Bev and I had a great time with all of you. Kenny, thanks for putting this together. Ken & Casey, thanks for building the showers. Bev definitely appreciated that!

thanks Dirk.
but Eric and I can only take credit for the showers as the plumbers. Will, Kris and casey built them. Casey was active and involved in all aspects of both the construction and deconstruction..
Ken
ps.
I saved the shower heads for next year!

shesapainter
09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
LOL - Dirk got the ginormous pic's problems too :p

Nirvikalpa
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
http://yarp.motivatedphotos.com/uploads/2008/9/7/633563856058011628-thisguy.jpg

:D Love it, because I know who this is ;)

berrybunches
09-08-2008, 12:08 AM
:D Love it, because I know who this is ;)

Isn't he charming? lol

anrxc
09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes, we all know who he is...

And to Emily... I was the one who talked to you briefly on Tuesday... It was nice talking briefly before I had to leave... Unfortunately it had to be on sad terms...

To those of you who don't know me, I was the one with the blue car and little yellow tent... I had to leave Ronstock early to deal with the death of a close family friend... As much as I wanted to be able to stay at the event, my heart was miles away in Kansas, and I felt my family needed me there too much to stay... Home now, and a big thank you to those of you I was able to meet at Ronstock...

Arklatex
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Woah there I am in that big pic on the last page, the camp all the way to the left with the blue car, that's me the tall one in white. We had our own little campfire back in that corner every night.

acptulsa
09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't seem to have made the ginormous pic. The Incredible Folding Tent and the Ancient Family Weber did, though.

CaseyJones
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
WooHoo finally back in Texas I had a great time. Miss you all so much. can't wait till next time. Paul and Emily thank you both so much for letting us stay at your beautiful home. Ken and Laura thank you for well so much starting us going and keeping us going. Eric Chris Ken Matt and Will for all thier technical expertise. Mike and Ben for wifi. Dirk and Beverly for the tent home kitchen and living room. Geez I know I am missing so many wonderful people. Everyone make sure if I hav'nt got you yet to add me as a friend because I am all yours friend

Bryan
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Thank you so much to you and Paul for taking the chance and hosting, I had a great time at the farm. It was like I had known everyone that I just meet- "instant Karma" indeed.

Glad to see you registered here too. :)

Cowlesy
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you so much to you and Paul for taking the chance and hosting, I had a great time at the farm. It was like I had known everyone that I just meet- "instant Karma" indeed.

Mossad!!

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Mossad!!

:D

Bryan
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I must have missed something... Still have 41 pages of new posts to get too...

Cowlesy
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I must have missed something... Still have 41 pages of new posts to get too...

Welcome back --- You have all sorts of interesting threads about your days as a spy.

Josh exercised a little creative freedom while you were mountaineering.

berrybunches
09-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Oh hey! I didn't know that was you at the farm! Our very own admin...look how much attention I pay.

speciallyblend
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh hey! I didn't know that was you at the farm! Our very own admin...look how much attention I pay.

well bryan looked like a hippie at ronstock08, remember he is a mossad agent he had to fit in ,so he didn't look like a clean cut texan:) like in his pic, dam stinking dirty hippies:) gotta love hippies:)