PDA

View Full Version : Obama, McCain Fail to Qualify for Texas Ballot

Feenix566
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Obama, McCain Fail to Qualify for Texas Ballot

Barr Met Deadline, Demands Law Be Enforced

The Bob Barr presidential campaign has stated "serious legal consequences" will occur should Senators Barack Obama and John McCain be allowed on the Texas general election ballot after they knowingly missed the state's deadline to file.

According to documents obtained by the Barr campaign, neither John McCain nor Barack Obama complied with Texas Election Code § 192.031, which requires that filings must be submitted “before 5 p.m. of the 70th day before presidential Election Day," listing the "names of the party's nominees for president and vice-president."

"The Election Code of the State of Texas imposes requirements on a political party, which must be met if its candidates for president and vice-presidents are to appear on the general election ballot," Russell Verney, Bob Barr's campaign manager stated in a letter sent to the Texas Secretary of State's office. "The Democratic Party and Mr. Obama, and the Republican Party and Mr. McCain, blatantly ignored the Texas statutory deadline."

The deadline, which was set at 5 p.m. on August 26, passed before Sen. Obama was nominated and before Sen. McCain had even selected his running mate.

"The law is clear, and it was clearly not followed," says Verney. "The Texas Supreme Court was emphatic when it stated that the law 'does not allow political parties or candidates to ignore statutory deadlines . . .' Senators Obama and McCain did not file by the deadline; therefore, Texas should abide by the laws it created. No political party or candidate is above the law."

Libertarian Party presidential candidate Bob Barr represented the 7th District of Georgia in the U. S. House of Representatives from 1995 to 2003.

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest political party, founded in 1971 as an alternative to the two main political parties. You can find more information on the Libertarian Party by visiting www.LP.org. The Libertarian Party proudly stands for smaller government, lower taxes and more freedom.

The campaign's letter to the Texas Secretary of State's Office can be downloaded here .

Certification papers for Obama and McCain can be downloaded here.

http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/obama-mccain-fail-to-qualify-for-texas-ballot

Digg It!

fedup100
09-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh it doesn't matter....trust me the fascist enablers will make sure it happens. The rules only apply to "otdw", Others They Don't want!

Just in case you guys haven't figured things out yet, there is a whole lot more things that are controlled than the msm.

Feenix566
09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh it doesn't matter....trust me the fascist enablers will make sure it happens. The rules only apply to "otdw", Others They Don't want!

Just in case you guys haven't figured things out yet, there is a whole lot more things that are controlled than the msm.

Digg.com isn't one of them. If enough people digg it, then a lot more people will find out about it. So Digg It!

Pete
09-05-2008, 02:48 PM
OP, please delete your Digg link and ask that Diggers do so from the article. Thanks!

Feenix566
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
OP, please delete your Digg link and ask that Diggers do so from the article. Thanks!

Okay, done.

Is there a reason for that?

constituent
09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Okay, done.

Is there a reason for that?

1) traffic to lp.org

2) so as to not have lp.org or yourself booted from digging.

salinaspaul
09-05-2008, 03:35 PM
dugg

Mesogen
09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
This is huge.

But it will be ignored and covered up by the MSM.

Mesogen
09-05-2008, 03:48 PM
What is the link for digg?

HOLLYWOOD
09-05-2008, 04:34 PM
This will go nowhere... the system is rigged that the exceptions to the rules are; Republican and Democratic parties have IMMUNITY at making mistakes or failing to qualify per law to be on the voting ballots:

http://kcblueblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/mccain-fails-to-get-required-signatures.html (http://kcblueblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/mccain-fails-to-get-required-signatures.html)

Take the McCain/Indiana primary: McCain failed to qualify in Feb 2008

The DNC says "Despite the fact that the McCain campaign clearly failed to qualify for the ballot, Republican Attorney General Steve Carter and Republican Secretary of State Todd Rokita (who recently endorsed McCain) rubberstamped it anyway, trying to sneak McCain onto the ballot. Clearly, the Republican Culture of Corruption is alive and well within the McCain campaign."

heavenlyboy34
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Disgusting. Truly disgusting. The more I know about the system, the more nauseated and outraged I feel. :mad::(

NewFederalist
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
And powerless.

haaaylee
09-05-2008, 09:48 PM
here is part of a Bob Barr email on the matter:

... I can't fully express to you the frustration that I feel right now.

Let me explain.

Last night, I received a response from the Texas Secretary of State's office to my request for the certification papers submitted by the Texas Republicans and Democrats that would place Barack Obama, John McCain and their running mates on the ballot.

Their certification papers were due to the state on August 26th at 5 pm.

The law is explicit on the matter. The names of the candidates for president and vice president are due by the deadline.

After reviewing the documents, it is clear that both the Republican and Democrat presidential tickets missed the deadlines and, according to Texas state law, should not be on the ballot in Texas.

If you want to see for yourself and download the documents, click here.

Regardless of McCain and Obama's failure to meet the statutory deadline, the Texas Secretary of State seems poised to certify the ballot with their names on it. They've even updated their official candidate listing to include McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden after we first made this public (and John McCain announced Palin as his running mate).

While Republicans and Democrats look to easily slide by in Texas regardless of the law, in both West Virginia and Maine, we are facing an opposite set of circumstances.

I've told you about West Virginia but we are also going through this similar battle in the state of Maine.

In Maine, a contractor for the Libertarian Party was in the process of turning in signatures and we've been told that the Secretary of State actually sent a letter to town clerks instructing them not to accept the petitions during what historically has been a grace period beyond the early deadline.

It's no surprise to us that this is happening but it's still not easy to accept.

It's been clear that if you are running for office as a Republican or a Democrat, you are somehow above the law.

If you are a Libertarian or independent, you not only have to abide by the letter of the law but you have to be prepared when the law is twisted and turned to be used against you.

When I brought this up last week, I said that we would be taking a stand in Texas ...

ChickenHawk
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Millions of Texans will be really pissed if the two major party candidates are not on the ballot. They have to put them on regardless of the law or they will have riots on their hands.

Obviously if it were Barr that missed the deadline he would probably be screwed, but since hardly anyone cares that's just the way it is. It's not fair but it's reality.

nate895
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Millions of Texans will be really pissed if the two major party candidates are not on the ballot. They have to put them on regardless of the law or they will have riots on their hands.

Obviously if it were Barr that missed the deadline he would probably be screwed, but since hardly anyone cares that's just the way it is. It's not fair but it's reality.

You think sheeple would riot?

Hahaha

A good half of them want to vote for someone else anyway, this makes it more practical.

eleganz
09-05-2008, 11:14 PM
there will be no riots, most Americans don't give a crap about the elections, they might pretend they do from Sept. to Nov. but they really don't.

Pepsi
09-06-2008, 04:39 AM
there will be no riots, most Americans don't give a crap about the elections, they might pretend they do from Sept. to Nov. but they really don't.

For prove of this just simply look at the local election turn outs. The turn outs can be very low.

constituent
09-06-2008, 05:56 AM
You think sheeple would riot?

Hahaha

A good half of them want to vote for someone else anyway, this makes it more practical.

lol. about five or six years ago there was a (not so little) mini-riot in downtown austin during mardi gras.

it was more like a disorganized, mass confrontation with law enforcement b/c "why not?"

Matt Collins
09-06-2008, 08:49 AM

Obviously if it were Barr that missed the deadline he would probably be screwed, but since hardly anyone cares that's just the way it is. It's not fair but it's reality.That's why we don't live in a democracy / mob rule. Rule of law anyone :rolleyes:

satchelmcqueen
09-06-2008, 09:07 AM
well, it the rules were followed then McCain sould have been outed from the election months ago and stripped of his delegates. but now look where he is. most people dont even realize how much he has broke laws and cheated to get to where he is today.

mediahasyou
09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Libertarians try to keep the democrats/republicans off and the establishment tries the same. Where does the hypocrisy end? You have to lead morally for change in this system. Not critic and be hypocritical.

Drknows
09-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah democrats and republicans are automatically added.

Fox McCloud
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
That'd be funny if this actually happened; technically speaking then, whoever won Texas (toss up between Barr and Nader...though I suspect Barr would get it) would get all those delegates.

Sadly, it probably won't happen, and the system will be rigged to get both on the ballot...heaven forbid the 2-tier party system be shaken.

nate895
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
That'd be funny if this actually happened; technically speaking then, whoever won Texas (toss up between Barr and Nader...though I suspect Barr would get it) would get all those delegates.

Sadly, it probably won't happen, and the system will be rigged to get both on the ballot...heaven forbid the 2-tier party system be shaken.

Bob Barr would be the only one on the ballot.

HOLLYWOOD
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
well, it the rules were followed then McCain sould have been outed from the election months ago and stripped of his delegates. but now look where he is. most people dont even realize how much he has broke laws and cheated to get to where he is today.

I thought Election Tampering is a FELONY? once again, LAW only enforced upon the people, not the government.

There should be an Emergency Lawsuit filled to BARR (no pun intended) teh REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS from the TEXAS ballot. Same for WV & ME.

Maine, those ordering the denial of signatures should be immediately arrested and incarcerated until AFTER the election... then to prison.

Gesus, is this country's government at all levels out of control or WHAT?

Where's the ACLU? MoveOn? Local Texans?