PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul of the Past

0zzy
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
I was looking at old articles about Ron Paul. You can view them here. (http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=%22ron+paul%22&btnG=Search&hl=en&um=1&scoring=n&scoring=t)

Some interesting stuff:

Karl Rove on Paul
Just days after branding Ron Paul an extremist who didn't represent Republican Party views, GOP leaders took the first steps Wednesday toward accepting the former Libertarian as the party's nominee for Congress. ``There is a healing process to go through before the party unites behind the candidate. But how strong that unity is will depend on how well the candidate reaches out,'' said Karl Rove, political strategist to Gov. George W. Bush.

Ron Paul on going into Iraq in 1998
Saddam Hussein `is not threatening our national security. . . . This is a concocted scheme to pursue bombing for oil interests and other reasons, but it has nothing to do with national security.' -- Rep. Ron Paul, R-Surfside 1998

Attacks by Lefty Morris on Paul
Democratic U.S. House candidate Lefty Morris accused his opponent Wednesday of threatening to jeopardize schools in Texas by wanting to stop the flow of federal education dollars. ``Ron Paul wants to go back to the days when 6-year-old children were forced to pick cotton and work in sweatshops,'' Morris said.

Ron Paul Attacked by Ads
Scattered good news from Super Tuesday: In furtherance of my deliriously optimistic theory that negative campaign ads have become a negative, notice that Ron Paul, the old Libertarian, made it into a runoff against incumbent Rep. Greg Laughlin despite the nastiest set of campaign ads anyone has seen in years. The entire Republican establishment was supporting Laughlin, a party switcher, who accused Paul of everything short of eating babies for breakfast. The lurid ads, delivered in an insinuating voice, were exactly the kind of thing that makes you think, "Oh, I bet if that guy really does eat babies for breakfast, he's not running for Congress on it."

Ron Paul Story that brought him to Sound Money
Ron Paul was 10 when he overheard his father and grandmother discussing selling a piece of property. Paul's father wanted to get rid of the land and stash the cash away for down times. His grandmother argued that land did not lose its value. But money often goes bad, she warned. Paul wasn't quite sure what his grandmother meant. But he later learned she had prevailed and had been proved right. Paul describes that lesson as one of the most important in his life.

Pat Buchanan Endorses Ron Paul
Pat Buchanan, in starched white shirt and red tie, sits stiffly on the stage of the Yoakum Community Center where 300 people in boots and jeans have turned out Thursday evening for a hoedown billed as a ``God and Country Rally.'' The conservative commentator and would-be Republican president has made the two-hour drive from Houston to help GOP congressional candidate Ron Paul in one of the toughest election battles in Texas this year against Democrat Lefty

(also, Paul was Buchanan's economic adviser in the 1992 campaign)

some other interesting stuff. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a book of Paul's life and his relationship with every politician/media person/everybody I would know or interesting. yaaaa...mmmm.

0zzy
09-05-2008, 12:27 PM
bump, comon people be interested as I am! Karol Rove, Bush, Buchanan, playing politics with Paul! ExCiTinG!

Jeremy
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a biography coming out very soon

Idk who the author(s) are though so who knows how much good info it will have.

0zzy
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a biography coming out very soon

Idk who the author(s) are though so who knows how much good info it will have.

Ron Paul: A Life of Ideas (Paperback)
by Christopher Horner (Author), Karen Kwiatkowski (Author), J. H. Huebert (Author), Stephanie R. Murphy (Author)

Paul is also writing an autobiography about his relationship with politicians, apparently. But man, it better be specific and juicy and include all his relationships with all these people. I'd read it in a day.