PDA

View Full Version : Hate eBay? Digg This!

Razmear
09-05-2008, 11:39 AM
http://digg.com/business_finance/Bonanzle_The_Best_eBay_Alternative_We_ve_Seen_2/

This is a new site that just came out of beta and kicks eBay's ass in both simplicity and cost to sellers.

Toss it a Digg if you get a chance to help it get a good boost.

eb

angelatc
09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't know that I hate eBay, but I've given up on them. They're just bound and determined to become Amazon and there's nothing we can do about it.

Bumped, thanks.

Razmear
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Since their 8/20 Announcement of rule and fee changes I won't ever sell on their site again. I might still buy if I find an absolute bargain but selling has become way to expensive with a 8.75% final value fee plus listing fees plus all transactions have to be paid thru PayPal now so take away another 3-5% of your selling price and your left with squat.

I started listing over on Bonanzle and it's so much better. One screen to list an item, not 5 pages of crap. No listing fees, final value fees max out at $10 for an item of $1000 or more (full fee list here: http://www.bonanzle.com/site_help/general/pricing?title=here+is+what+you%27ll+pay+when+you+s ell+items ), and a site owner that hangs out in the forums and fixes things quickly when a bug report is filed.

I started using ebay in '98 and Bonanzle.com has the same feel that ebay did back when it got started.
Anyways. that's why I'm trying to cross-promote them a bit and get them a bit more traffic. eBay needs a viable competitor to keep them in line and I think these guys are it.

eb

DAFTEK
09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Dugg, thanks, i haven't sold anything on ebay anymore because of their prices and connection with paypal...

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I hate ebay. They bought paypal so they could charge twice, and they continually raise rates, making it more and more difficult to generate profit as a seller.

edit: heheh... by the time i got this wrote i became redundant!

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 01:58 PM
site looks good. my kinda guy!

So How Do Booth Categories Work?
With booth categories, you can create categories specific to your booth so that buyers can browse your inventory exactly the way that you want them to.
To do it, you just add all categories that you want your booth to have in the "Custom Booth Categories" box on the "Advanced Booth Options" page. Each line is considered a category, so for example, if your booth was filled with monkeys, ninjas, and pirates, your "Custom Booth Categories" box might read:
Monkeys
Ninjas
Pirates
Then, when a buyer enters your booth, the normal list of categories will be replaced by the categories you put in your custom categories box. Note that order does matter. The order that you enter your categories will be the order they appear in your booth.
Also note that your custom categories won't be saved until you click the "Save All Options" button in the upper right corner of the Advanced Booth Options page.

Mahkato
09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Wow, that Digg page is full of spam comments. Like every one of the commenters is a newly-registered account with no other diggs.

Razmear
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow, that Digg page is full of spam comments. Like every one of the commenters is a newly-registered account with no other diggs.

Most of those diggs are from Bonanzle users who had never used Digg before.

eb