PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis Protest(RATM & Target center)

IamRealPerson
09-05-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/conventions/27839789.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsX

I was arrested for an unlawful assembly and public nuisance downtown and I met many Ron Paul supporters while being handcuffed on the sidewalk and led to jail on a city bus (815 ). I met someone from the WAlk4Freedom march, multiple veterans, and lots of young people, attempting to fight the police state. I met so many friends of the movement, I was glad I had the opportunity to meet them. It was very peaceful and the marchers handled themselves very professionally. No police were hurt, and no property was damaged. But I did see a handful of protesters get beat severely. The amount of force in the area was absurd. This was after a Rage Against the Machine concert, and as we marched through the streets of downtown Minneapolis, many cars and people (whom were being immobilized by the protest) were very supportive. despite the 100's of armed thugs threatening our peaceful expression at every corner.

Our final large chant while standing on sidewalks before being arrested was "Peace on the Streets!"

At jail at 3 am I asked an officer if we could hurry up the booking process, because I had another protest to get too.

RickyJ
09-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Marching through the busy city streets without a permit is not a bright idea. The cops were just doing their jobs enforcing the city laws. The ones beating peaceful protesters were just thugs and should be fired though.

JeNNiF00F00
09-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Fuck the cops man. This is rediculous.

smileylovesfreedom
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/conventions/27839789.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciaec8O7EyUsX

I was arrested for an unlawful assembly and public nuisance downtown and I met many Ron Paul supporters while being handcuffed on the sidewalk and led to jail on a city bus (815 ). I met someone from the WAlk4Freedom march, multiple veterans, and lots of young people, attempting to fight the police state. I met so many friends of the movement, I was glad I had the opportunity to meet them. It was very peaceful and the marchers handled themselves very professionally. No police were hurt, and no property was damaged. But I did see a handful of protesters get beat severely. The amount of force in the area was absurd. This was after a Rage Against the Machine concert, and as we marched through the streets of downtown Minneapolis, many cars and people (whom were being immobilized by the protest) were very supportive. despite the 100's of armed thugs threatening our peaceful expression at every corner.

Our final large chant while standing on sidewalks before being arrested was "Peace on the Streets!"

At jail at 3 am I asked an officer if we could hurry up the booking process, because I had another protest to get too.

Hi - I was also arrested - I've must have met you. Arresting everyone who happened to be on a particular sidewalk in downtown minneapolis is an outrage esp. when you consider that some weren't even protesting and just trying to get to their cars or taking pictures. They even arrested some of the MN Peace Team members who observe and defuse protests - but don't protest themselves. These mass arrests are insane :mad: