PDA

View Full Version : New CFL Site

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi all, this is Adam de Angeli; I developed the Precinct Leader system for the Ron Paul campaign and am now developing something similar for the Campaign For Liberty.

I just wanted to set the record straight on a few things...

1) The official launch date is October 1. I am working to launch a "beta" version ASAP for people to sign up earlier.

2) Yes, there will be dues for Precinct Leaders. $35 per year is not a lot; totally standard for political organizations and totally necessary for obtaining voter records on a regular basis. This will not only fund our database; it will keep trolls off of the Precinct Leader site.

3) There will be a self-contained social network on our new site. The campaign owes infinite thanks to those whose websites have done so much for us, but in the long term it is best that we get everyone on the same page, organized by county and district. Our new system will be designed to replace meetup.com completely. In the new campaign, sites like facebook and myspace will be used for little more than marketing.

More to come, but here are some screenshots for those who can't wait.

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/1.jpg

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/2.jpg

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/3.jpg

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/4.jpg

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/5.jpg

http://a2planet.com/cfl/demo/6.jpg

SnappleLlama
09-05-2008, 07:18 AM
AWESOME!! Thanks so much for the screenshots! This is pretty exciting!! :D:D:D

constituent
09-05-2008, 07:20 AM
rofl, member greenspj.

thanks for the pics.

reckon

jason austin Grosse Point, MI
dale kittendorf Port Huron, MI
eric kelley Redford, MI
et. al.

want their info. and e-mail broadcast to the world? perhaps you got their permission first (i hope)?

MRoCkEd
09-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Cool - so the precinct leader program will launch 10/1, but will the site itself and other features be ready earlier?

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 07:35 AM
I hope the social network will be up sooner, but either way, 10/01 is the official release date.

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Note that the fourth screenshot above is a coordinator window, for coordinators to post announcements.

constituent
09-05-2008, 07:45 AM
perhaps you got their permission first (i hope)?

so you didn't?

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 07:57 AM
so you didn't?

Upon consideration I (hours ago) blocked out their email addresses. Not that 3 of 100,000 people's email addresses would make much difference, but yes, their identities should be anonymous.

Surely you realize it is more of a hazard that their emails appear in your text than in my graphics.

Please do them the courtesy of editing your earlier posts, thanks.

ron paul or bust
09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the info! Looks like the site is going to sharp. I also enjoy the likeness of Dr. Paul in the top-left corner!

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
The likeness of Dr. Paul is in the top-right but actually I'd rather something cooler for a top-of-the-page graphic; there's too much empty space in the middle and I'm not sure having a "next big thing" teaser is a good idea if everything will be local for the next several months. Looking for cooler header graphic, size is 900x133, send submissions to a2planet at --not you, spammers!-- gmail.com

(the "not you spammers" thing is to stop spammers that figured out to look for the word "at" in place of the @ symbol...)

ron paul or bust
09-05-2008, 08:16 AM
The likeness of Dr. Paul is in the top-right...

Wow. I need more coffee this morning. :)

szczebrzeszyn
09-05-2008, 08:17 AM
a2planet2 - fixed or fluid layout? Just curious.

a2planet2
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
a2planet2 - fixed or fluid layout? Just curious.

Still fiddling with options. Want to make it so users can change text size if needed. It's all done with CSS so it'll be easy to tweak.

angelatc
09-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Looking for cooler header graphic, size is 900x133, send submissions to a2planet at --not you, spammers!-- gmail.com

You should contact the artist that did those drawings, and see if he or she can capture your vision.

nullvalu
09-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Adam, since the goal is to control precincts, then elect county chairmen, then state chairmen.... will this precinct organizer tool give us some kind of nation-wide goal "progress bar" if you will?

I'm thinking, as we take over precincts and counties, one by one we should be filling in a map to show the progress of our movement. I was thinking of developing a site that could do this, but was waiting to see what the C4L site would be capable of..

What do you think?

voytechs
09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
want their info. and e-mail broadcast to the world? perhaps you got their permission first (i hope)?

Now if you could also edit your post and remove the copy in your messages that would probably clear their emails out of the system.

Jeremy
09-05-2008, 09:24 AM
RPF should be the official forums of the CFL

voytechs
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
A couple of questions.

Beside the precinct leadership tools, is this ment to replace meetup.com, we desperately need an alternative to it. Its expensive ($12-20/mo).

Secondly security wise, what kind of reporting is CFL going to be required to do. Will it be turning over participants, their emails and other contact info to any gov. agency like pres. campaigns had to do? etc...

MRoCkEd
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
we'd have to be more careful about what we say in these parts though

is this ment to replace meetup.com
yes

Melissa
09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Adam can't wait

0zzy
09-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Make it look sexier, I know it's beta, but just sayin.

I still love you though, and I love the ideas.

Bruno
09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Adam for the screen shots and the update.

we'd have to be more careful about what we say in these parts though

yes

True. How about "unofficial" and then we can continue the way things are. Otherwise, our comments will be taken as "official RP supporters" or something like that and used against us and the CFL message.

MsDoodahs
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Why?

Were we "official" anything when we started?

I thought we were effective because we were spontaneous and a real life example of what individuals with widely disparate beliefs can do when they come together for their common desire: freedom.

Perhaps I was ... delusional?

voytechs
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Why?

Were we "official" anything when we started?

I thought we were effective because we were spontaneous and a real life example of what individuals with widely disparate beliefs can do when they come together for their common desire: freedom.

Perhaps I was ... delusional?

I think there is a place for both. In this forum we can discuss and persue unorthodox ideas, while CFL is probably limited in the things they are allowed to do and follow a different organization structure. And like the man said, less trolls on CFL since they have to shell out some bucks.

mcgraw_wv
09-05-2008, 10:59 AM
This is exactly what I have been waiting for, I feel like there has been no consolidation of guidance, I know we have done a great job by organizing in small groups... but in order to make societal change, we have to have cohesion, and focus...

Great idea, and job...

This Ron Paul is going to go down in history as a great man...

MRoCkEd
09-05-2008, 11:51 AM
This is exactly what I have been waiting for, I feel like there has been no consolidation of guidance, I know we have done a great job by organizing in small groups... but in order to make societal change, we have to have cohesion, and focus...

Great idea, and job...

This Ron Paul is going to go down in history as a great man...
I remember an old speech of his said men like him have been and will be forgotten through history and the same will go for him
well he won't be forgotten anymore!

MsDoodahs
09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I remember an old speech of his said men like him have been and will be forgotten through history and the same will go for him
well he won't be forgotten anymore!

Only if we win.

The victors write the history and they'll vanish him if we lose.

They'll vanish all of us, too.

MRoCkEd
09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Only if we win.

The victors write the history and they'll vanish him if we lose.

They'll vanish all of us, too.
not if we write out own history books!!!!!!!!!!

MsDoodahs
09-05-2008, 12:04 PM
:D

RonPaulVolunteer
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM

+!

constituent
09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Upon consideration I (hours ago) blocked out their email addresses.

bullshit. your op was at 8:16 with them in there, your response was before 9.

Not that 3 of 100,000 people's email addresses would make much difference,

yea, those three insignificant people (uhh... 5 or 6 actually, i only named three of them to save time)...

that attitude is the problem.

but yes, their identities should be anonymous.

might start considering these things ahead of time.

Surely you realize it is more of a hazard that their emails appear in your text than in my graphics.

A hazard to whom?

You? It might be.

Thimnk

Please do them the courtesy of editing your earlier posts, thanks.

Actually, pointing it out to you was doing them the courtesy. Perhaps now they'll realize you were cavalier enough to post their private info. w/out first obtaining permission, and take the appropriate precautions in the future.

Are you always this fast and loose w/ collected private data?

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
yeah, maybe a 'oops, sorry, edit' would have been better. jeez

site looks promising. anxious for further results.

afmatt
09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Easyyyy there killer. He removed them. The reason that having them in text format was worse than in image format is that a lot of web spiders owned by spammers search the net for new email addresses to send spam too, that's probably why he asked you to remove your quotes and considered it worse than in an image.

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
would you edit your post please constituent? seems the becoming thing to do.

nayjevin
09-05-2008, 12:32 PM
sorry, a2planet2 - you certainly did not have to come here and inform us of the status of the website -- but you did, and i appreciate it. hard to start a thread around here without it devolving. such is life.

constituent
09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Easyyyy there killer. He removed them. The reason that having them in text format was worse than in image format is that a lot of web spiders owned by spammers search the net for new email addresses to send spam too...

i'm quite aware.

you think the data is safe b/c it's in an image? i'm laughing, no crying, right now.

i'll remove the e-mail addresses, i think the issue has been documented enough at this point.

....though i'll leave the names in as a favor to those insignificant few who might not appreciate the situation.

constituent
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
would you edit your post please constituent? seems the becoming thing to do.

i'm about to.

no sweat.

constituent
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
sorry, a2planet2 - you certainly did not have to come here and inform us of the status of the website...

yea, hastily prepped damage control is often a bitch.

raystone
09-05-2008, 12:40 PM
some of you that attended the Leadership Summit may know a2planet2 is the man on this system development at CFL.
He even did his own 5 minute training bit on a section of the precinct captain webpages/database interface for the 500 of us that were there.
That also looks great from what I saw.

Thanks for sharing a2planet2, we need all the information we can get to stop a little of the disinformation.

David40
09-08-2008, 07:41 PM
That's fantastic but it's too bad it could not have been in place for the Rally, and to capitalize on the brief two months where there is interest in the election in November. My experience with our whole movement has been we always seem to be a day late and a dollar short. I hope this bad habit changes.