PDA

View Full Version : McCain wins Bay State Ron Paul backers

StateofTrance
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/politics/2008/view/2008_09_04_McCain_wins_Bay_State_Ron_Paul_backers/srvc=home&position=recent

In a last-minute show of unity, Bay State Ron Paul supporters decided to throw their votes behind Sen. John McCain last night.

About a dozen Massachusetts supporters of the Texas Congressman and GOP upstart decided to back McCain only an hour before the delegates began to cast votes for the presidential pick.

“We decided the best course of action was to give a little to get a lot,” said Chris Blanc, a Cambridge resident who supports Paul. “The Massachusetts GOP really wanted to show unanimous support.”

Paul, shunned by the Republican convention because he wouldn’t endorse McCain, has been holding daily “counter rallies” in Minnesota where devoted supporters hiss when McCain’s name is uttered.

Rep. Paul Loscocco (R-Holliston) worked with Paul sympathizers to join the delegation so all 43 delegate votes would go to McCain.

“He really worked well behind the scenes to come to this agreement,” said McCain delegate Jack Roy.

McCain will make his acceptance speech tonight surrounded by those supportive delegates on a newly constructed stage. He plans to focus on how he plans to lead the country and highlight the differences between he and Democratic opponent Barack Obama, said Mark Salter, a McCain campaign official who helped write the speech.

McCain’s wife Cindy will also be speaking, as will Secretary of Homeland Security head Tom Ridge.

Delegates will also vote to nominate Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin as the party’s GOP vice presidential pick.

WTF?

NEPA_Revolution
09-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I blame waterboarding.

Malakai
09-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Probably bullshat

rbu
09-05-2008, 01:21 AM
"Hey, I got an idea. We'll pretend to support Ron Paul and then when McCain asks us to support him, we will and all Ron Paul supporters will too!!" :rolleyes:

Probably bullshat
If by probably you mean big pile of, then yes, I agree.

anaconda
09-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Clearly propaganda to make the Sheeple think that the Revolution is collapsing. It's like when Rothschild planted the false rumor that Napoleon was victorious, just to screw with the stock market and make a few billion. Don't believe it unless it's confirmed!