PDA

View Full Version : Free "I'm a Constitution Voter" Bumper Sticker, via the ACLU

Knightskye
09-04-2008, 07:01 PM
https://secure.aclu.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=bumper_sticker&s_s=email1&JServSessionIdr012=lc5zypljc1.app25a

Sign the pledge, get your sticker, show where you stand. :D

ChickenHawk
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I believe that no one -- including the President -- is above the law.

I oppose all forms of torture, and I support both closing the Guantánamo Bay prison and ending indefinite detention.

I oppose warrantless spying.

I believe that government officials, no matter how high-ranking, should be held accountable for breaking the law and violating the Constitution.

I believe that the Constitution protects every person's rights equally -- no matter what they believe, how they live, where or if they worship, and whom they love.

I reject the notion that we have to tolerate violations of our most fundamental rights in the name of fighting terrorism.

I am deeply committed to the Constitution and expect our country's leaders to share and act on that commitment -- every day, without fail.

I will ignore the second amendment because it does not fit the political agenda of the ACLU.

There, I fixed the pledge for you.

muzzled dogg
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
^brutal.

edit: nice sig btw

Knightskye
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
There, I fixed he pledge for you.

Come on now. They don't fight against the second amendment in court. They just won't fight for it -- however, there are groups that will.

You have to admit, they do a good job with the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

The_Orlonater
09-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Just ordered mine, thank you.

ChickenHawk
09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Come on now. They don't fight against the second amendment in court. They just won't fight for it -- however, there are groups that will.

You have to admit, they do a good job with the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th.

The ALCU does do good work, but the fact that they ignore the second amendment is a significant hypocrisy that can't be ignored. It's enough that I probably would not ever send them money. If a civil rights organization won't fight for the second amendment how willing are they to really fight?

slothman
09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Ignoring that they think that the 2nd only applies to state militia, they don't need to support it.
Why spend money when the NRA will instead.

acptulsa
09-04-2008, 07:42 PM
The ALCU does do good work, but the fact that they ignore the second amendment is a significant hypocrisy that can't be ignored. It's enough that I probably would not ever send them money. If a civil rights organization won't fight for the second amendment how willing are they to really fight?

Many people will fight for the Second. I'm glad there's someone out there who cares about the rest as well.

Do you think they should spend their limited resources fighting for the Tenth, or do you think the several states can afford to do it themselves? Well, it's the same formula--many gun owners can obviously afford to do it themselves.

Jeremy
09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I bet the people in the ACLU don't support the 10th Amendment

gls
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM
The ACLU believes in forced equality, not the Constitution.

Knightskye
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
If a civil rights organization won't fight for the second amendment how willing are they to really fight?

They filed a lawsuit a couple hours after Bush signed that FISA bill back in July. Should really check their record before questioning them.