PDA

View Full Version : Obama on "Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Q: "What Republican would you support" A:...

RP08
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
... "Mike Huckabee seems to be OK."

We TiVo the show and just got to watch this week-old episode tonight. When Jon Stewart asked Obama which Republican candidate he liked, my wife instantly spat out "Duh!! Ron Paul!" But when Obama said "Huckabee", she says "WTF!?!", and I had to explain to her that Clinton and Obama are not political idiots. They and their "panel of experts" realize very clearly that the ONLY Republican who can win the vote against a Democrat nominee would be Ron Paul. If they were honest and said the name "Ron Paul" on a public venue like the Daily Show, they'd get a serious smack-down from their advisors when they got back to their headquarters. "Truth" is, ehem..., not gonna happen. This is sport now. Ron Paul is a challenge to the Democratic front-runners. Believe it.

Richie
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Not surprising to me. He picked the one that's the least threat.

cjhowe
09-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Not surprising at all. Huckabee is pro spending and pro taxes. Just like Obama.

libertarian4321
09-03-2007, 01:01 AM
As I recall, Huckabee is/was a preacher at one time?

Obama is supposed to be pretty religious, that may have been his line of thought.

FluffyUnbound
09-03-2007, 05:52 AM
... "Mike Huckabee seems to be OK."

We TiVo the show and just got to watch this week-old episode tonight. When Jon Stewart asked Obama which Republican candidate he liked, my wife instantly spat out "Duh!! Ron Paul!" But when Obama said "Huckabee", she says "WTF!?!", and I had to explain to her that Clinton and Obama are not political idiots. They and their "panel of experts" realize very clearly that the ONLY Republican who can win the vote against a Democrat nominee would be Ron Paul. If they were honest and said the name "Ron Paul" on a public venue like the Daily Show, they'd get a serious smack-down from their advisors when they got back to their headquarters. "Truth" is, ehem..., not gonna happen. This is sport now. Ron Paul is a challenge to the Democratic front-runners. Believe it.

The other Republican candidates are much closer to the Democrat candidate positions on many issues other than the war.

Paul rejects most of the history of American governance since 1932. Huckabee doesn't. The Democrat Party is kind of fond of large bits of the history of American governance since 1932.

ZandarKoad
09-03-2007, 09:32 AM
The other Republican candidates are much closer to the Democrat candidate positions on many issues other than the war.

Paul rejects most of the history of American governance since 1932. Huckabee doesn't. The Democrat Party is kind of fond of large bits of the history of American governance since 1932.

There is a reason for this. The corporation we call our 'government' was bankrupt by 1944, and in that year it was acquired by it's foreign creditors. The US corporation has been foreign owned and operated since 1944.

quickmike
09-03-2007, 09:53 AM
The other Republican candidates are much closer to the Democrat candidate positions on many issues other than the war

This is where the republicans are being stupid. They didnt lose the house and senate because they arent enough like democrats. They lost on the Iraq war issue and the fact that they werent freedom oriented enough, which was what got Bush elected in the first place. They pissed off the majority of the people that supported them. So now, they try and be more like democrats thinking that will be what gets them back in office. I cant believe how stupid they are. Maybe they know the truth but are just too stubborn to admit it.

jj111
09-03-2007, 10:04 AM
There is a reason for this. The corporation we call our 'government' was bankrupt by 1944, and in that year it was acquired by it's foreign creditors. The US corporation has been foreign owned and operated since 1944.

Link-ee please?

jj111
09-03-2007, 10:11 AM
This is where the republicans are being stupid. They didnt lose the house and senate because they arent enough like democrats. They lost on the Iraq war issue and the fact that they werent freedom oriented enough, which was what got Bush elected in the first place. They pissed off the majority of the people that supported them. So now, they try and be more like democrats thinking that will be what gets them back in office. I cant believe how stupid they are. Maybe they know the truth but are just too stubborn to admit it.

My guess it's fixed like pro-wrestling. The media favorites are all bought and paid for by the elite. The Republican candidate-puppets are meant to purposely lose this election, throw a fixed fight so to say, and what better way than to put up pathetic candidates, and ignore the only good one, Ron Paul?

Hillary has been vettted and annointed the throne this election. TBTB want to play good-cop, bad-cop, and think that citizens will become more trusting of government, more complacent and docile once Elite team B (Democrats) replaces Elite team A (Republicans). This fits into their agenda, as the people will be less resistant to continuation of the fraudulent War on Terror, and it is easier for Democrats to push through some parts of the global elite program: amnesty for illegal immigrants, porous borders, "peacekeeping" occupations, and a resurgence in unconstitutional victim disarmament laws that will futher shred the Second Amendment.

That is one reason why we have to wake people up to the evils of the Democrats (as well as the evil of the Republicans).

Here's a flyer that works well for liberals.

http://files.meetup.com/492644/Democrats%20for%20Ron%20Paul%20Flyer%209b%2892%29. doc