PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising strategy

katao
09-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I've watched the Romney campaign closely and the key to their fund raising success has been a laser focus on converting business people in the community who happen to have deep pockets. Then they actively encourage them to use their business contacts (of other wealthy folks) to spread the word.

Please, everyone, focus as much attention as possible to this group. A large percentage of them are VERY interested in Paul's message - getting regulations off their back and in getting rid of the IRS (and other taxes). They just need the simple message - $2300 is an investment that will pay back rich dividends!

Perhaps we should create a web site as a central repository of grassroots projects needing additional funding in order for those who have maxed out contributions to see the real needs and decide where they would like to contribute more. They could review the projects, see exactly how the money will be spend, perhaps with testimonials of how it will make a difference, AND an easy way to contribute right there.

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 08:54 PM
This a good IDEA - but were do we start? If you get me a list I will organize a group to go after this - I have thought about Doctors withe tie in to RP - OBGYN first!!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Small business should be most likely to support Ron Paul, and you'd be best off starting with tech. I'm sure you can buy a list somewhere. Otherwise, get out the yellow pages and start mailing personalized letters with a slim jim to each business under software and/or hardware or . . . help me out with tech categories.

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Small business should be most likely to support Ron Paul, and you'd be best off starting with tech. I'm sure you can buy a list somewhere. Otherwise, get out the yellow pages and start mailing personalized letters with a slim jim to each business under software and/or hardware or . . . help me out with tech categories.

I market for a living and the biggest bang for the buck is sending an email and following up with a phone call - Everything should be short and sweet!!!!

Top RP Prsospects?

1. Techie small business
2 OBGYN doctor groups

What els and please rank!

bbachtung
09-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Chiropractors.

Alternative health folks (esp. in light of RP's stance opposing FDA interference in herbal remedies, etc.).

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Top RP Prsospects?

1. Techie small business
2 OBGYN doctor groups
3. Chiropractors.

Alternative health folks (esp. in light of RP's stance opposing FDA interference in herbal remedies, etc.).

ok nothing really jumping out at me yet!!!

katao
09-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Vitamin, health-food, supplement companies.

Anyone involved in multi-level marketing (not just business owners in this case).

katao
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes, many tech small business owners will be receptive (I am an executive in a small software company). My personal plans were to email those with whom I have contacts (followed by phone call), and mail a personal letter to others in my area. I think the key is to be sure they are asked and it is easy for them to recruit others once they are committed enough to donate.

Can the official campaign give out contact info for current large donors (carefully, of course)? If not, opensecrets has lists of names, cities and professions for large donors for other candidates and/or PACs. It might take more work to track down real contact information for these individuals, but a personal letter to major contributors to the NRA PAC, for example, might work.

ghemminger
09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Yes, many tech small business owners will be receptive (I am an executive in a small software company). My personal plans were to email those with whom I have contacts (followed by phone call), and mail a personal letter to others in my area. I think the key is to be sure they are asked and it is easy for them to recruit others once they are committed enough to donate.

Can the official campaign give out contact info for current large donors (carefully, of course)? If not, opensecrets has lists of names, cities and professions for large donors for other candidates and/or PACs. It might take more work to track down real contact information for these individuals, but a personal letter to major contributors to the NRA PAC, for example, might work.

This is a great idea! - I will work on this if someone can get me a list - I will seriously work 1000 people - :)

stevedasbach
09-02-2007, 10:33 PM
IMO, the most important thing we can do is find new donors -- any new donors -- as many as possible. Once they have donated once, the campaign will make they continue to get asked.

Small business people are great prospects, but if there is another group you're more comfortable approaching, do that.

katao
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm working on getting lists of contacts. I already have source for OBGYN.

I will attempt to get relevant PAC donor lists (this is tougher and is hit/miss).

If others have sources, please contribute. Once we have contact info lists, we can work on targeted mailings.

libertarian4321
09-03-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't know if anyone has considered this, but it might work.

I've noticed there are a lot of meetup groups for entrepreneurs, real estate investors, and the like.

Might be a good place to wear an Ron Paul Tshirt and see if you can strike up a conversation if you have the time.

john_anderson_ii
09-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Don't forget the gun stores, shooting clubs.

RP fits in very nicely with those sorts of crowds.

Bro.Butch
09-05-2007, 01:33 AM
This was buried 8 pages and it is one the most important threads on this forum. Don't cull anyone, with money. Why limit an outreach to OB-GYNs go for all type physicians, dentist, business people, ect., etc.

These people need to be invited to RP fundraisers on his western swing next week and wherever in America he goes to have a fundraiser local supporters need to invite these people up to a fifty mile radius of the fundraiser location. Money people support many candidates. They WILL support Ron, if they are only ask to do so... :)

Ron needs millions for paid advertising to win, we can help him reach the people who have the millions to donate at $4,600 each ! We invite them to the fundraisers. See what works above *** An email followed up with a phone call, low cost to us, and possible large returns for RP !!!!!!!:D :D :D

Lord Xar
09-05-2007, 01:44 AM
There are business services that offer ADDRESSES for certain segments of the population.. for example, owners of commercial property, or wonders of homes, owners of businesses etc..

So you can purchase these addresses and do a "mailer program". Its simple and effective because of specific targeting.

It would be great if someone headed this up.

ghemminger
09-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Katoe and i are heading this up - he is working on the lists and I will provide an email and short phone script for multiple people to use - I did something similar selling insurance with 15 sales reps -

1st thing we NEED - BEst, highest probabiblity LIST - email and phone number - address a good thing to!

Bro.Butch
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I've watched the Romney campaign closely and the key to their fund raising success has been a laser focus on converting business people in the community who happen to have deep pockets. Then they actively encourage them to use their business contacts (of other wealthy folks) to spread the word.

Please, everyone, focus as much attention as possible to this group. A large percentage of them are VERY interested in Paul's message - getting regulations off their back and in getting rid of the IRS (and other taxes). They just need the simple message - $2300 is an investment that will pay back rich dividends!

Perhaps we should create a web site as a central repository of grassroots projects needing additional funding in order for those who have maxed out contributions to see the real needs and decide where they would like to contribute more. They could review the projects, see exactly how the money will be spend, perhaps with testimonials of how it will make a difference, AND an easy way to contribute right there.

Wealthy people donate to more than one candidate, Ron needs their money, we need to try to get them to donate to this campaign...