PDA

View Full Version : Don't leave GOP, you can be LP and GOP at same time!

libertythor
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
People don't leave the Republican Party. You can join most third parties, including the Libertarian Party as a dues paying member and keep your registration with the GOP.

Ron Paul is a member of the LP and a congressman elected as a Republican.

Remember if we find a candidate for 2012 that we all can rally around, it won't matter if he or she is LP or GOP as long as you keep your GOP registration. We must continue advancing.

Some ideas for:

2010- Concentrate on the local, state, and federal races for ONE STATE, planning money bombs for the governor's office, state legislative seats, congress seats, etc. Alaska is a good candidate. It would be good to start now.

2012- The same deal as 2010, but with the Presidential candidate and other races around the nation targeted. Who is up for Jesse Ventura? We must start now.

Melissa
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I like the LP party and have talked to the chairman here but as a committeeman for the GOP i can't be a LP member or the GOP will unseat me but for the record the LP lets you be members of both

-lotus-
09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for pointing this out. Hopefully this will quell people from making 'Lets Bail on the GOP' threads. Theres no reason, yet, to leave the GOP. We CAN make change. All these people crying about how we arent making any headway forget that this is our freshman year. We are all starting at the ground floor. If we keep doing what we are doing, not only will our message be heard, but the machine in Washington will be powerless to ignore or maginalize us for much longer.

libertythor
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I like the LP party and have talked to the chairman here but as a committeeman for the GOP i can't be a LP member or the GOP will unseat me but for the record the LP lets you be members of both

But for rank and file activists and voters, this is an option as they can participate in the LP conventions and vote in the GOP primaries. Congratulations on becoming a committeeman for the GOP!

Perhaps you could join the LP as a dues paying member, but not participate in its conventions?

Either way the point is for people not to leave the GOP. :)

Melissa
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
But for rank and file activists and voters, this is an option as they can participate in the LP conventions and vote in the GOP primaries. Congratulations on becoming a committeeman for the GOP!

Perhaps you could join the LP as a dues paying member, but not participate in its conventions?

Either way the point is for people not to leave the GOP. :)

Oh I am going no where have to much work to do lol

libertythor
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
bump