PDA

View Full Version : Another angle to add to our arsenal of Ron Paul "common sense"

RP08
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Tonight my wife was talking to me about how some of our family members and friends have admitted to supporting non-Paul candidates and why they think they're leaning the right direction, as uninformed as their reasons were. Many of these people don't really even care about the candidate's position on issues, they just summarize how they "feel" about how they'd do. Some are about "political experience". Others are for "presidential-looking". Others just want something to change and support the most likely candidate to win a nomination who they think is capable of rocking the boat.

I worked myself up talking about my own personal feelings on the matter and before stepping off my soap box, I brought up a personal "duh" factor, politics not even part of the picture...

Which candidate from either side would we honestly be comfortable with watching our 4 year old toddler for an afternoon, while we were out? We're overly-protective so this was a powerful consideration. Then, going down the list, there were really only a few that (with our limited exposure to any of the candidates' "true" personalities and our impressions) seemed like we could trust our toddler would be in good hands.

Ron Paul significantly holds the top of the list. Neither of us could even think of another public figure much higher on the list above Ron Paul -- much less the selection of our other Presidential candidates.

Occupying the bottom of the list, not surprisingly, was Giuliani, Romney, and Clinton, surprisingly low on the list was Obama ("America's sweetheart"? Nah) and Bill Richardson.

As we were talking through this 6th-sense that parents inherently acquire, my wife thought it would be an awesome question to include in our chats with potential voters. I mean, seriously, for some people, if it occurred to them that they didn't feel they could entrust the well-being of their innocent young ones, how could they comfortably entrust their vote for their country? This, alone, could be a "change-direction moment" for a lot of people we talk to about their support.

What do you think? Worthless, or something significant to think about?

foofighter20x
09-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Ron Paul: Would you trust this man to babysit your 4 y/o kid?

Then why not trust him with your country? ;)

paulaholic
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
The question posed is odd. It's not like any of the candidates would actually harm your child, physically or emotionally. They'd just answer the phone and heat up some Spaghetti-Os. While they may be clueless, deceitful jackasses when it comes to politics, but I wouldn't go so far to say that they'd do anything wrong while caring for a child.

RP08
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
The question posed is odd. It's not like any of the candidates would actually harm your child, physically or emotionally. They'd just answer the phone and heat up some Spaghetti-Os. While they may be clueless, deceitful jackasses when it comes to politics, but I wouldn't go so far to say that they'd do anything wrong while caring for a child.

Kids this age thrive on love and attention and can implode without the right amount of "give a shit" around them. I, also, need to know that "in the right hands" includes "give a shit". Any "babysitter" who is incapable of getting off of themselves and do a little more than warm up spaghetti-o's and call their campaign office is not someone I want "taking care of" my kid.

With this question, I'm not implying that any of the candidate would do something illegal or harm the child. But I do get the feeling that most simply wouldn't give a shit. I think that's really what I'm getting at.

Revolution9
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Well Romney may waterboard yer kid and then give him a car roof ride around the block. Fred Thompsons booming voice and gruff manner and inherent streak of evil clownhood will have the kid a bundle of nerves and crying. Kucinich will be constantly rediapering the kid who doesn't want the damned thing having been toilet trained over half its life ago. Gravel might be alright. They can go to the park and skip stones on the water while he says funny stuff. Hillary will redecorate while yer gone and ignore the kid. Obama will teach the kid he is an opressor and won't feed him. Giuliani will have them terrorised immediately to promote iron fisted compliance from the kid. McCain will give the kid the permanent mumps. You won't remember whether you hired Huckabee or Tancredo when you arrive back but the ballgame will be on and at least a sx pack of cheap beer gone through. There may be a taint of alcohol on the kids breath.

Best
Randy

RP08
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Well Romney may waterboard yer kid and then give him a car roof ride around the block. Fred Thompsons booming voice and gruff manner and inherent streak of evil clownhood will have the kid a bundle of nerves and crying. Kucinich will be constantly rediapering the kid who doesn't want the damned thing having been toilet trained over half its life ago. Gravel might be alright. They can go to the park and skip stones on the water while he says funny stuff. Hillary will redecorate while yer gone and ignore the kid. Obama will teach the kid he is an opressor and won't feed him. Giuliani will have them terrorised immediately to promote iron fisted compliance from the kid. McCain will give the kid the permanent mumps. You won't remember whether you hired Huckabee or Tancredo when you arrive back but the ballgame will be on and at least a sx pack of cheap beer gone through. There may be a taint of alcohol on the kids breath.

Best
Randy

Holy crap, I haven't had a laugh like that in a week. Thanks man. *HAHAHA*

RP08
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Any other input?

Happy Labor Day, by the way!