PDA

View Full Version : Georgia alternate tells us how we got screwed over on the roll call

Badger Paul
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Delegates and alternates are chiming in over at Daily Paul. Here's one Gerorgia alternates tale:

"was so angry last night. Hearing state after state refuse to acknowledge votes for Ron Paul... Seeing states having their mikes cut off before they could say how many votes he got... Seeing state GOP leaders break promises to announce his votes... Seeing our delegates crying because of being ignored, lied to, and jeered at... and even seeing a few of our delegates caving in and voting for McCain, in spite of being sent there to do a job - and failing to do it.

But I was also so proud last night. Proud to see our delegates stand up and demand to be counted, in the face of a sea of opposition. Proud to see our delegates set their faces like flint and go on that floor to do what needed to be done. Proud to see the red-hats (McCain gestapo) freaking out all over the place whenever just one of our people walked in the "wrong" direction. :-)

We had several hundred delegates and alternates there last night. The rules forced many to vote for McCain on the first vote; and many others had their votes ignored or not counted. But I've never been prouder of our people than I was last night, in the lion's den. And I've never been angrier at my party - the party I've given so much time and energy to for so many years.

I will change my party, or die trying.

Thank you all for your support of us at the Republican National Convention. God bless you.

Bill Greene
Alternate Delegate, GA-7

Bill you have my thanks and admiration for going through hell last night.

Get back at the bastards! Walk out on McCain TONIGHT! Don't let them treat you like crap.

SnappleLlama
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Awesome report...thanks, RP delegates!!

Highland
09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
God Bless You.....I really don't understand how other professed Christians are not able to see Dr. Paul's Light of God! You guys were brave and we honor your work from here in Western North Carolina. May we all be fruitful and multiply.

klamath
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank you for putting up with what was obviously a miserble night.

Indy Vidual
09-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Bump

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
God Bless You.....I really don't understand how other professed Christians are not able to see Dr. Paul's Light of God! You guys were brave and we honor your work from here in Western North Carolina. May we all be fruitful and multiply.

+infinity.

As a Christian, this thought has been on my heart and soul this entire election cycle.

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Get back at the bastards! Walk out on McCain TONIGHT! Don't let them treat you like crap.

Get back at the bastards! Stay and chant "RON PAUL", "END THE FED", ..., All Night!

angelatc
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Get back at the bastards! Stay and chant "RON PAUL", "END THE FED", ..., All Night!

If they were going to plan something like that they would be denied entry if the GOP found out about it.

I think they should all wear white hats. Good guys always wear white hats, and we could see them in the crowd.

IPSecure
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
I have a question concerning the roll call last night.

Going state by state, just before it went over the top, the states started to 'pass'. I wanted to believe that the people actually had balls to stand up to the beast, and were going for a brokered convention. I had hope that the DVD for Delegates actually worked, and these 'sick patients' actually found a cure. I for a brief moment hoped that there actually was a god, and that he was good... Then reality bitch-slapped me... All a fricken freak show with self absorbed morons...

When they reached the end, they started over with McFly's home state to put him over the top. My question is: If on the first vote, states pass, then why are they allowed to vote again in the same 'Round'?

Being allowed to vote twice in the same 'election' is not logical...

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 11:11 AM

Going state by state, just before it went over the top, the states started to 'pass'. I wanted to believe that the people actually had balls to stand up to the beast, and were going for a brokered convention. I had hope that the DVD for Delegates actually worked, and these 'sick patients' actually found a cure. I for a brief moment hoped that there actually was a god, and that he was good... Then reality bitch-slapped me... All a fricken freak show with self absorbed morons...

When they reached the end, they started over with McFly's home state to put him over the top. My question is: If on the first vote, states pass, then why are they allowed to vote again in the same 'Round'?

Not sure what the rules are, but I've seen it done this way on the televised national conventions for many years. It's normal.

Sally08
09-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Someone else posted that with only 21 votes to go to hit 1191, tradition is that all states pass until the candidate's home state puts him "over the top".

IPSecure
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Someone else posted that with only 21 votes to go to hit 1191, tradition is that all states pass until the candidate's home state puts him "over the top".

Tradition Trumps Robert Rules Of Order ?

WTF ?

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Robert's Rules is only followed if the National Committees don't create rules of their own that supersede them, which in this case is I think what they've done.

But I haven't confirmed this by reading the national party rules on their conventions - maybe someone else has?

cnaw
09-04-2008, 12:43 PM

WTF ?

I thought they were using the Rules of the House of Representatives except for "committees and subcommittees of the convention." (http://www.gop.com/images/2008_call_final.pdf p26)

Also from p28 of the mentioned pdf:
"In balloting, if any delegation shall pass when its name is called, then at the
conclusion of the roll call all delegations which passed shall be called in the order herein
before established.No delegation shall be allowed to change its vote until all delegations
which passed shall have been given a second opportunity to vote."

Which, correct me if I'm wrong, means that passing does not equal placing a vote, and even if it did, changes in votes are allowed.

IPSecure
09-04-2008, 12:57 PM
So they pick a new rule book at random? When were the 'Rules of the House of Representatives' chosen, or voted upon?

tribute_13
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I find it hilarious that only "15" delegates votes for Paul got through but I personally met 10 delegates who converted to RP because of the DVD's for Delegates. Now I KNOW FOR A FACT that this is bullshit.

Bradley in DC
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM

No.

The tradition is to "pass in the order" of voting. The rules are followed.

Bradley in DC
09-04-2008, 01:13 PM
We had several hundred delegates and alternates there last night.

Based on what, exactly? "Dr." Steve's count? :confused:

Dr. Paul says he had a few dozen delegates.

Badger Paul
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
A few dozen voting delegates (35 by my count) but lots of alternates.

Read the list from the program

evilfunnystuff
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
If they were going to plan something like that they would be denied entry if the GOP found out about it.

I think they should all wear white hats. Good guys always wear white hats, and we could see them in the crowd.

i really like that idea

georgiaboy
09-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I find it hilarious that only "15" delegates votes for Paul got through but I personally met 10 delegates who converted to RP because of the DVD's for Delegates. Now I KNOW FOR A FACT that this is bullshit.

Truly? That's awesome to hear, especially after ShemDogg's retelling of RNC delegates 'throwing all those dvd's in the trash'.

Details, please. I'd love to hear how those conversations went.

Bradley in DC
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Here is The Green Papers site on the roll call

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R.phtml

Totals
Votes 2,380
McCain 2,343
Paul 15
Romney 2
(not voting) 20

Notes

1. The 5 Paul votes from Alaska were not announced aloud by the Chair.

2. After the Chair announced 12 votes for New Hampshire, the delegation announced that they cast 24 votes for McCain. At this point, the Chair announced 12 votes for McCain.

3. After the Chair announced 30 votes for Oregon, the delegation announced that they cast 26 votes for McCain and 4 votes for Paul. At this point, the Chair announced 26 votes for McCain. The 4 Paul votes were not announced aloud by the Chair.

4. After the Chair announced 74 votes for Pennsylvania, the delegation announced that they cast 73 votes for McCain. At this point, the Chair announced 74 votes for McCain.

5. The livestock auctioneer from Tennessee said "George S. McCain".

6. The Utah chairman originally called Mitt Romney "George Romney" then quickly corrected himself. The 2 Romney votes from Utah were announced aloud by the Chair.

7. After the Chair announced 40 votes for Washington, the delegation announced that they cast 36 votes for McCain and 4 votes for Paul. At this point, the Chair announced 36 votes for McCain. The Chair sounded like she was going to repeat the Paul vote but was cut off by Secretary Inman who immediately called for West Virginia.

8. After the Chair announced 30 votes for West Virginia, the delegation announced that they cast 28 votes for McCain and 2 votes for Paul. At this point, the Chair announced 30 votes for McCain. The repeating Secretary almost said "Ron McCain".

We get a total of 2,343 for McCain, 15 for Paul, and 2 for Romney as announced from the floor. If the 30 votes from West Virginia and the 74 votes from Pennsylvania are all counted for McCain: the total is 2,346 for McCain, 13 for Paul, and 2 for Romney. The 5 Paul votes from Alaska and 4 from Oregon were not at all announced aloud by the Chair, but the 2 for Romney from Utah were.

The final tally as announced from the Chair was: McCain 2,372, Romney 2, and Paul 5. This totals to 2,379.

raiha
09-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Good guys always wear white hats
like the KKK for example?

Bradley in DC
09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
When were the 'Rules of the House of Representatives' chosen, or voted upon?

One of the first votes of every new Congress (can't remember offhand if it's right before or right after voting for the new Speaker).

JosephTheLibertarian
09-05-2008, 07:03 AM
"change my party" that's stupid. Party loyalty is just stupid.

for reference, check out the democratic party, the old democratic party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)

look an the menu to the right...

Political ideology Historical:
Classical liberalism
Bimetallism
States' rights

Join the LP. Become active in all parties.

HOLLYWOOD
09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
SABOTAGE at both party's conventions have been going on for the past century.

I just wish the MSM, more the print and internet avenues, since the Broadcast video MSM's are the 4th branch of this colluding/corrupt party government.

STRAIGHT TALK EXPRESS: PARTY FIRST and ALWAYS

Spirit of '76
09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Based on what, exactly? "Dr." Steve's count? :confused:

Dr. Paul says he had a few dozen delegates.

We had at least 216 delegates and alternates, according to Drew Ivers...