PDA

View Full Version : Tribune Blog: Paul's No-Count Convention Roll-Call

angelatc
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/09/ron_pauls_nocount_convention_r.html

Posted September 4, 2008 10:45 AM
The Swamp

by Mark Silva

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. -- Leave it to the Alaskans.

On the night that their governor was nominated for the vice presidency of the United States, they cast several votes for Ron Paul in the nomination of a president.

When the convention roll call for John McCain's nomination was taken near midnight last night, in a hall that was starting to empty after all the big speeches, the Alaska delegation stood to announce 24 votes for McCain -- and your weary correspondent swears he heard nine for Paul, the Texas congressman who sought the party's presidential nomination as a decidedly anti-war, anti-McCain candidate.

They're saying five this morning, five from Alaska.

Yet, when the Alaska delegation called out the count, the convention chair at the podium recognized only the McCain count in her response. There's not a lot of news on the roll-call out there this morning -- it happened late and it matters little, for McCain now is officially the nominee of his party. It happened aroud 12:30 am on the East Coast.

But at least one blogger out there had something to say about the count -- both the count called out from the floor and the count recognized from the podium:

""Ron Paul received from Alaska, 5 votes; Oregon, 4; Washington, 4; West Virginia, 2. Total, 15. NONE OF THESE were even announced from the podium by the secretaries.

"Mitt Romney received, from Utah, 2 votes. THESE were announced.

"In the final total, it was announced that Romney had 2 votes and Paul had ... 5 votes. That is, preceding the inevitable Stalinist vote to make it falsely 'unanimous.'

"Nothing that really surprised me, but they couldn't even bow to the forms."

Printo
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
You would've thought Stalin himself were up there tallying the roll call. It was so blatant that the woman moderating was trying to ignore the Ron Paul delegation i.e. see West Virginia's delegates roll call. Ron Paul wasn't allowed to even be muttered by the GOP cronies. The Republican party does not want us.

I mean come on, Ron Paul received more delegates in the primaries than Thompson & Giuliani, yet they are offered primary speaking roles & Dr. Paul was offered a ticket to sit in the crowd. Its so unfair & it literally disgusts me how far they went to subvert a democratic process. It sickens me that they couldnt even acknowledge the few delegates we did receive.

Thank you Alaska & West Virginia for displaying the cojones to announce your delegates for Dr. Paul at the roll call.