PDA

View Full Version : Vahalos: The Convention The Audience Didn't See

angelatc
09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2008/09/03/the-convention-the-audience-didnt-see/

Read the whole article at the link above. Here's a sample:

But there is something missing. A heartbeat — a pulse. I found it, last night seemingly, at the Target Center in the Twin City of Minneapolis.

There was Barry Goldwater Jr., who at 70 years old was looking quite hip, telling the crowd of some 12,000 largely conservative fans they were “a new generation.” He quoted his late father once telling conservatives to “grow up — you can take back the party if you want.”

“With the Ron Paul revolution, we will take back the party,” he added, raising the electric, pretty eclectic, crowd to its feet. Paul looking like a spry grandfather at his own 73 years, belted out his own stemwinder, covering everything from the legalization of marijuana (how can congressmen pump their fists in their air over the evil herb when they happily, regularly indulge in the more dangerous, but legal drug alcohol, he demanded), whittling government down to its constitutional size, lashing out at the Patriot Act, FISA, Executive Orders, the income tax and the police state. Sounds like a lot of radical nonsense to me — though I could have sworn I’d heard nearly every single point made in some varying degree from good old fashioned conservative, Republican quarters pre-9/11. Pre-Bush.

liberalnurse
09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Love it..Thanks so much for posting.

CurtisLow
09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Good read. Thanks.

Bruno
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Great article. Thanks for sharing